New yong Heng owner.

Finally took the plunge and ordered a YH. It came today and package was in excellent condition. YH was packaged well and was damage free. My setup is a little different than some in that I use dry compressed air to supply my YH. When the bottle are just filled, I fill directly from them as I have a regulator on them. After the bottle pressure gets down around 220 bar than I feed the YH from the bottle to fill my Mavericks and my 100cuft bottle. I don't have to worry about moisture so a large molecular sieve is not needed. I'll use the rest of the air in these tanks then I'll refill with nitrogen and also will not have carbon build since nitrogen is inert and won't cause detonation with the oil in the YH like air does. To fill the bottle with about 5000PSI of nitrogen will run under $50 per bottle. YH ran without a hitch getting up to about 47C. Filled both
20220923_132103[1].jpg
20220923_193828[1].jpg

guns in seconds. I put Royal Purple oil in it and will change that oil out before I use it again. Another benefit of using compressed air to supply the YH is that as the air expands coming out of the bottle it becomes very cold. So the YH is supplied with cold dry air and helps to keep the over all temperature low.

Interesting setup, @Larry1956 ! could You share more info and pictures for me to replicate the setup? maybe, fellow AGN members would want the same too...
Just not all but initial queries:
1) How is the dry air being fed into YH? It'd normally have a breather with filter to suck air... modified it?
2) Are You eventually filling up the Mavericks and the 100cuft bottles with Nitrogen? sorry, but i couldn't catch that there... if so, is it going to negatively affect Maverick's performance at all (even normal air has 78% Nitrogen, so maybe, not...)

I have some questions on your supplying air to the compressor. Not being critical, just curious. How do you know that you are supplying enough/ adequate air to your YH ? Is it just sort of a guess ? I would think it’s not a good idea to starve it for incoming air, or supplying too much air.
Was wondering if maybe there could be a tee fitting on your tube going to the air intake that could have a balloon or some kind of thing that could indicate too much or too little air. Sort of like the old balloon looking thing pilots in old WWII videos had on their O2 masks. The idea was that you never sucked the balloon down completely, you adjusted the O2 to keep it partially inflated upon a full inhalation breath. Just curious. Nice set up. And good luck with it. Dry input air is something I’ve never seen done before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gerry52
Interesting setup, @Larry1956 ! could You share more info and pictures for me to replicate the setup? maybe, fellow AGN members would want the same too...
Just not all but initial queries:
1) How is the dry air being fed into YH? It'd normally have a breather with filter to suck air... modified it?
2) Are You eventually filling up the Mavericks and the 100cuft bottles with Nitrogen? sorry, but i couldn't catch that there... if so, is it going to negatively affect Maverick's performance at all (even normal air has 78% Nitrogen, so maybe, not...)
So I have the compressed connected to the YH air intake. On the compressed bottle I have a regulator which a I can turn the output down to about 10psi or so to feed the YH. After I use up the compressed air I will have my bottles filled with Nitrogen. The atomic weight of air is in the neighborhood of about 15.5 whereas for N it is about 14. So the density of the N is so close to air that the guns should perform the same. With N, there will be no moisture and no corrosion.

• Love
Reactions: SoulSniper
I have some questions on your supplying air to the compressor. Not being critical, just curious. How do you know that you are supplying enough/ adequate air to your YH ? Is it just sort of a guess ? I would think it’s not a good idea to starve it for incoming air, or supplying too much air.
Was wondering if maybe there could be a tee fitting on your tube going to the air intake that could have a balloon or some kind of thing that could indicate too much or too little air. Sort of like the old balloon looking thing pilots in old WWII videos had on their O2 masks. The idea was that you never sucked the balloon down completely, you adjusted the O2 to keep it partially inflated upon a full inhalation breath. Just curious. Nice set up. And good luck with it. Dry input air is something I’ve never seen done before.
One way I could be sure of the right flow rate would be to put a gas flow meter inline with the YH intake, see what level it is at when pulling from air then hook the tank up and adjust for the same level. Any extra, as long as it is not too much comes out the positive crank case vent. Right now I just felt with my hand how much air is venting form the crank vent and adjust for the same amount.

Reactions: SoulSniper
So did a second fill of Maverick Sniper 580cc tank, Maverick Compact with two 300cc tanks and my 100 cuft tank. YH only got up to 37C. My pony tank was at about 200bar and filled to a little over 250bar. I could go higher on this tank but since I dont have a regulator on it, just filling to 250 I can refill guns quickly or tether a gun when at the range and dont have to worry bout overfilling. Fed my compressor from my dry compressed air bottle. This air is completely devoid of moisture and as it come in to the YH is super cold.

Reactions: rcs9250
Finally took the plunge and ordered a YH. It came today and package was in excellent condition. YH was packaged well and was damage free. My setup is a little different than some in that I use dry compressed air to supply my YH. When the bottle are just filled, I fill directly from them as I have a regulator on them. After the bottle pressure gets down around 220 bar than I feed the YH from the bottle to fill my Mavericks and my 100cuft bottle. I don't have to worry about moisture so a large molecular sieve is not needed. I'll use the rest of the air in these tanks then I'll refill with nitrogen and also will not have carbon build since nitrogen is inert and won't cause detonation with the oil in the YH like air does. To fill the bottle with about 5000PSI of nitrogen will run under $50 per bottle. YH ran without a hitch getting up to about 47C. Filled both View attachment 292079View attachment 292080
guns in seconds. I put Royal Purple oil in it and will change that oil out before I use it again. Another benefit of using compressed air to supply the YH is that as the air expands coming out of the bottle it becomes very cold. So the YH is supplied with cold dry air and helps to keep the over all temperature low.
I love seeing peoples setup.. and shop..

Here's a gas flow meter I could use to set the output of my compressed supply more accurately.View attachment 292362
I’ve never seen a flow meter used with suction. Basically using it backwards. Let us know how that works. I think a Dwyer Magnahelic gauge might be better but you’ll be able to see if flow meter works when you get it connected.