• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Yong Heng Compressor - Oil Specification Change

I just received a new Yong Heng compressor off of Ebay and it appears the documentation has been updated. The section of the manual dealing with lubrication states to use ISO VG46, AW46. However, the next page has an underlined recommendation to use MOBIL 827/829. I guessing this is Mobil's Rarus 827/829 synthetic compressor oil. Too bad this stuff is only sold in five gallon pails. I noted in this forum that many folks have already gone down the synthetic path.

My compressor arrived last night. Haven't started it up yet, but have a bottle of Royal Purple ISO 100 synthetic. Its basically the same as straight 30 weight non-detergent, but synthetic.

Reading through the Chinese / English specifications, the actual recommended oil is a 20 weight ISO 46 oil. DO NOT USE HYCROLIC FLUID, that stuff stinks to high heavens and seems to be a translation error..

Plan to get mine up and running in the next day or so. sure will be nice to be independent of the paintball shop.

I did a first quick 15 minute run on mine using hydraulic AW46. It's apparently the oil that was originally specified for these pumps and some of the Ebay sellers still call for it in their pump ads. The benefits of synthetic not breaking down is important and I plan to move over to it before running the pump again.

I just sent out my Ebay SCBA tank for hydro test. It's gonna be nice being liberated from my hand pump.