• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Yong Heng compressor is different...

I received my new yong heng on Friday and opened it today. It does not have the moisture bleed block (calling it that cause I don't know the correct term...) on the left side of the unit. I have experience with these units and own two other ones that have been giving me trouble, so i could salvage the moisture bleed block and associated tubing and fit it onto this new unit. I am tempted to try it as is. I went back to the ad thinking i received an incomplete unit, but no the photo is exactly what i received...Has anyone experienced this and what are the ramifications of running it without the addition of the pieces from my other unit?
IMG_2492D.1614721310.JPG

Here is my standard post to all things Yong Heng hope it is helpful.

The Yong Heng "Simple" version least expensive does not have a water separator you need one.

The "Auto Stop" version shuts off near 3000psi. Probly not a good thing for most people.

So you likely want the "Hardcover" or "Set Pressure" versions your choice on the 110V or 220V.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32824234795.html?spm=a2g0o.store_home.productList_13760454.subject_2

Keep them cool and the oil, ISO 46 or the equivalent, topped off to the red circle in the sight glass, and don't fill past their spec which is 4350psi. A little less is better than the max, and the Yong Heng should last for years unless you get a bad one. I did my first oil change at about an hour, it was extremely dark colored. I went far longer, between changes, after that.

I have two YH compressors. Bought the second as a backup for the first as I, fergot to turn on the coolant pump several times and, overheated it until it smoked. It did not like it but it runs fine. Still I did not trust it after that. I added a switched outlet, to the system, so it turns the pump on before the compressor will power up to keep me from doing that from now on.

The second one, my back up unit, died in about two months bad QC from the factory. Cost me $12 for a new second stage piston and an hours’ time to replace it. Then to add insult to injury I fergot to put oil in, the latest unit after I put it back together, and ran it for a couple of minutes without any. So I filled it with oil and it fired up and somehow still werqs fine. The #1 unit that I was worried about, cuz I overheated it so many times, just kept on filling my guns and tanks till I got #2 repaired and retired it.

I do not fill past 4200psi as when I do, all too often, I blow a burst disc. This does not happen on the first or second fill but soon thereafter.

The temperature sensor only measures head temperature so running it much over 20-30 minutes can overheat the motor and other parts even if ice is used in the coolant. Ice or a container of it, in the coolant, is a good idea especially if you are like me and do not use the full five gallons of water as suggested in the manual.

Keep your water supply level with the compressor to be kind to the pump and assure a good supply of coolant goes through the compressor.

I recently started using this Red Line water treatment after I noticed algae growth in my 2.5 gallon water bucket every few months. It seems to have stopped the algae growth problem.

https://www.autozone.com/antifreeze-radiator-additives-and-windshield-wash-fluid/coolant-water-wetter-additive/red-line-water-wetter-super-coolant-12oz/486218_0_0 

Keep your moisture filters, guns and tanks being filled above the compressor to help keep the moisture out.

Purge the system of moisture, using the screw valves on both sides of the compressor, for a couple of seconds every five minutes while in use.

Change out your small YH filter every twenty minutes and set the old one out to dry and use later.

Add a better filter if needed to be sure more moisture and any oil smell is removed from the system. Many of us use this Tuxing three media filter although, if you feel the need, you can change media types at any time.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32891898253.html

A smaller one will probly do for many.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000960926898.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2a034c4dL0nrJU

Possibly a filter similar to this if humidity is high in your area or your desiccant filters have to be replaced too often.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30MPa-High-Pressure-Air-Filter-Oil-Water-Separator-For-Air-Pump-Air-Tank/402600939671?hash=item5dbce2d097:g:pRoAAOSwy41f00pY

Bleed the pressure before you turn the unit off and let it run a few seconds to get the better part of the moisture out of the system. I have found that I blow less burst discs if I bleed before shutting down so I do this religiously.

Let the coolant pump run for a few minutes after shutdown to cool things off.

Here is a video on how to fill a SCBA tank. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=157&v=_grx5p_R8D4&feature=emb_title

Here is my standard post to all things Yong Heng hope it is helpful.

The Yong Heng "Simple" version least expensive does not have a water separator you need one.

The "Auto Stop" version shuts off near 3000psi. Probly not a good thing for most people.

So you likely want the "Hardcover" or "Set Pressure" versions your choice on the 110V or 220V.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32824234795.html?spm=a2g0o.store_home.productList_13760454.subject_2

Keep them cool and the oil, ISO 46 or the equivalent, topped off to the red circle in the sight glass, and don't fill past their spec which is 4350psi. A little less is better than the max, and the Yong Heng should last for years unless you get a bad one. I did my first oil change at about an hour, it was extremely dark colored. I went far longer, between changes, after that.

I have two YH compressors. Bought the second as a backup for the first as I, fergot to turn on the coolant pump several times and, overheated it until it smoked. It did not like it but it runs fine. Still I did not trust it after that. I added a switched outlet, to the system, so it turns the pump on before the compressor will power up to keep me from doing that from now on.

The second one, my back up unit, died in about two months bad QC from the factory. Cost me $12 for a new second stage piston and an hours’ time to replace it. Then to add insult to injury I fergot to put oil in, the latest unit after I put it back together, and ran it for a couple of minutes without any. So I filled it with oil and it fired up and somehow still werqs fine. The #1 unit that I was worried about, cuz I overheated it so many times, just kept on filling my guns and tanks till I got #2 repaired and retired it.

I do not fill past 4200psi as when I do, all too often, I blow a burst disc. This does not happen on the first or second fill but soon thereafter.

The temperature sensor only measures head temperature so running it much over 20-30 minutes can overheat the motor and other parts even if ice is used in the coolant. Ice or a container of it, in the coolant, is a good idea especially if you are like me and do not use the full five gallons of water as suggested in the manual.

Keep your water supply level with the compressor to be kind to the pump and assure a good supply of coolant goes through the compressor.

I recently started using this Red Line water treatment after I noticed algae growth in my 2.5 gallon water bucket every few months. It seems to have stopped the algae growth problem.

https://www.autozone.com/antifreeze-radiator-additives-and-windshield-wash-fluid/coolant-water-wetter-additive/red-line-water-wetter-super-coolant-12oz/486218_0_0 

Keep your moisture filters, guns and tanks being filled above the compressor to help keep the moisture out.

Purge the system of moisture, using the screw valves on both sides of the compressor, for a couple of seconds every five minutes while in use.

Change out your small YH filter every twenty minutes and set the old one out to dry and use later.

Add a better filter if needed to be sure more moisture and any oil smell is removed from the system. Many of us use this Tuxing three media filter although, if you feel the need, you can change media types at any time.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32891898253.html

A smaller one will probly do for many.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000960926898.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2a034c4dL0nrJU

Bleed the pressure before you turn the unit off and let it run a few seconds to get the better part of the moisture out of the system. I have found that I blow less burst discs if I bleed before shutting down so I do this religiously.

Let the coolant pump run for a few minutes after shutdown to cool things off.

Here is a video on how to fill a SCBA tank. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=157&v=_grx5p_R8D4&feature=emb_title

This should be a stickey

Moderators, please!

Yup possibly true I have not as yet seen it in the written word, but my old manual says ISO46 and I have run it in my compressor for two years without a problem. I use the Husky Synthetic Blend now, have for a year or better, and it does not seem to be any different. I guess only time will tell. I will be putting my old original back in service again soon. I am replacing the piston set as it is one of the old failure prone units before it fails. We will see how long it lasts without the expensive oils. My guess is it will not fail due to oil related problems.

Edit: Sorry, looks like I actually only ran the ISO46 for about a year before I changed over to the Husky Synthetic blend in my first Yong Heng. Second unit got the Full Synthetic or Synthetic Blend from day one.

Anybody have a new manual around?

The Basic unit I received last Friday came with a manual that still says ISO46...That is what I ran for a year in the first Plus model I bought 3 years ago. It had what I thought was blow by and really smelled like oil. By the end of the second year it started blowing the burst disc at 2800psi... The second Plus unit came from walmart with an extended warranty that paid off after it started only going to 2500psi,The second unit was only run with Royal Purple and it did not have the oil smell and noticeably less staining of the tampon filter. I read the info on the Mobil Rarus 827 and ordered two from ebay. I plan to only use it in the new 3rd unit...

I have basic unit (not Yong Heng but Davy or Davv depending on the literature). It runs like a champ and has never been anything but reliable. I keep it at my Dads house now so we can fill (he has a PCP also) when we are over there shooting. I have the Super Deluxe Yong Heng (Preset version) and it works every bit as well as the basic unit other than the shut-off being off (set for 3000 psi and according to all 4 tank gauges it cuts off at 2700) I use the stock inline filter with both and have never had any moisture issues (I have had several cylinders opened up for regulator work and zero moisture). I run Royal Purple or IR full synth. and do frequent oil changes (once every hour of use which is about 6 months use). I have 4 years on the Davv and 2 on the Yong Heng. I do make sure to take the cotton inline filter out after I'm done filling for the day so it can dry out. I also make sure to bleed out the moisture before turning off either compressor (I have to set the Yong Heng high so I can open the bleeder before it hits cutoff). I always run them for 15 to 30 seconds after opening the bleeder, and let the water pump run for at least 15 minutes after the days filling is done (I have forgotten to turn off the water pump for several hours with no issues- but those pumps are super cheap even if I burn one up). Only other thing I did was wrap the SS pressure tubing in 18 gauge copper wire as I always manage to burn myself on the tube and the copper wire acts a bit like a heat sink and has stopped the burns.