New Year New Permission with some soup from Norway

With it being a new year day, I thought it would start out at my new permission. The drive up to the permission was about 40 minutes I stopped and picked up some Dunkin' Donuts for the farmer and family. I didn't bring them when I asked for permission the first time, so I needed to redeem myself.

When I arrived I checked in, dropped off the donuts and I could hear the starlings. I parked off to the side off the road, and as soon as I opened my door a whole bunch of starlings left the barn and out came a hawk. I brought the Brocock Ranger XR in 22 shooting JSB Hades. I knew I would be shooting IN the barn, so I set it to the low setting, which is around 13-14 FPE. I did a sight in at 25 yards using the low setting.

IMG_4964.jpeg

I saw the starlings across the street gathering, but I wanted to check the barn out. I took the Ranger aka Spector II enter the barn and saw the ladies. I figure there is around 40 cattle in the barn, small but a lot of dumb sparrows. After a few shots figuring out angle I got 6, then a starling flew in and then there was 7.

IMG_4963.jpeg

After all of this I thought I would break for some lunch. Over the week my Turmat Real MREs came from Norway. This stuff is seriously the best MREs / backpack keep in car food I have ever had. I was curious about the chicken soup, so I ordered a couple and brought my MSR stove with to heat up some water. Well, I wasn't disappointed and outside the additional shipping, the prices are competitive with any other premium MRE. I have some arctic ones that go into the car for winter storage. Chicken Masala just in case I get hungry and want a feast in a crisis.

IMG_4960.jpeg

After a brief lunch and some coffee I headed back to the barn. The starlings were spooked and trying to film vs shoot they got away, but then there were sparrow. Then there were 9.

IMG_4965.jpeg

Overall, for 1.5 hours a pretty productive and fun time for the permissions I have with lunch thrown in. All the new years resolutions are in and due to several things I am not sure when I will get back out. Travels and work. So no complaints.

Happy New Year everyone and have an amazing 2023!!!

Happy-new-year-meme-2.jpg