• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Year... New Gun - I Need You!

Good morning to all,

I have been a member of this forum for many many years but since the birth of my daughter (7 years ago) my shooting time has become very hit and miss and interests were focused on my match fishing, but... I have a little more time these days and my love for field sports / hunting have never left so i have decided i am going to return to the sport (having to create a new forum account as i cant remember my previous credentials or email, oops).

So with the new year and my reintroduction to the sport i have talked myself into a new rifle, rejoining my local club and trying my chances at getting some of my old permissions back with my continued aim to gain my FAC once again, i currently own my early serial Rapid 7 Mk1 and she has never let me down (appart from when i tried and failed to service it myself with a T.R.Robb valve...), showing her age somewhat now and the buddy bottle valve is in dire need of TLC.

Moving on...

I am feeling a bit of unexpected love for A Bullpup style gun, specifically the Cricket in .22 flavor but i dont think the cocking action being under my chin is going to be much help so that takes me to the realms of the Wildcat; but then i read so many bad comments on the FX and always seem to lead back to Crickets or Vulcan's, so i am here today to try and get some real world unbiased (ok, maybe slightly seeing as nobody owns a bad gun) comments and help on to what rifles i should be looking at - Back garden plinking (upto 30 yards), Range shooting both indoor and out, Pest control.

Also once that is ironed out i would like to hear feedback of anyone who has bought from Krale, the pricing is quite a bit cheaper than my local shops, it is convenient to order online from a purchase point of view, understand that we have the returns palava if an issue occurs and i love the dutch accent :), one other question on that, what is the deal with them potentiality sending out an FAC powered gun? i have a Chorny so i would run it through on receipt but are they obliged to tune them down for EG for the UK Market. - private messages for this matter perhaps?

Thank you to anyone who takes their time to read this and an extra special thanks to anyone that responds :)

Martin.

OK. I will admit to just scanning over your text, on way to work. But, what if I told you, you can have your cake (Cricket) and eat it too. 

Check out the Cricket Carbine Mini. Fantastic gun. Lever midways. Krale is awesome. 

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/intenseaty22s-g-a-cricket-mini-carbine/

Here’s a good view of it, it’s a Semi-Bullpup. 
1580387637_18556418635e32cd35be1a02.26471358_DE6A100B-1BF6-4177-9A38-AB24FEB8525C.jpeg

Krale are very good just had a parcel from them today,posted yesterday in Holland delivered today at 11:45 am came together with a parcel posted 30 miles from me in the UK 2 days ago!

I use a FX impact FAC three years old never had a problem may be just luck but my cousin had his a year more than me and his was trouble free also. There is a new FX distributor for the uk so may be worth checking out.

@sh4dow . Great choice on the cricket. You would be hard pressed to fine a better and more reliable platform. I have both the rapid and cricket. My suggestion would be get the rapid up and running then concentrate on the new gun. You already know how the rapid is and in fac its hard to beat. Again, great choice on both. Bucketboy is the forum guru on rapids. Hopefully he will chim in.
1580399468_14189616875e32fb6c213562.61687213_20190712_121732_HDR.jpg

I like a lot of guns but I'm partial to bullpups. I'm sure most high end guns are good I dont own a lot of them so I wont comment on them, however I do own 3 FX rifles (2 bullpups) and a boss along with a Leshiy and a couple springers. Love all of them. after countless rounds I have had no problems with any of my FX rifles. good luck what ever you choose im sure it will be awesome.