New World Record Longest Airgun Hit

and there is such a small difference, what is in your photo only on the scope is for roughly 3600 USD. mine is under $100 and that's a tiny difference ;)💲💰💸

… in the future I want to offer the shooting community a discussion about the rules that would give order to these world records in terms of credibility and also clear rules, which are currently lacking . …

The NUAH group has some clear rules for airgun ELR. If you can’t get better than 50% inside or touching the 4moa ring, it’s not even accepted. There are several levels of achievement (Member, Marksman, Sharpshooter, Expert, Master) at various distances. It requires a 5 shot group, no more, no less. 300yds is the current distance record and it looks like you have the record at 300yds with a Master rating. They currently accept 300yd, 500yd, and 600yd F-class targets but so far no submissions have been made for 500yds or 600yds. If and when 600yd submissions are achieved by a few, I’ll petition for them to also accept the 1000yd F-class target for those that want to “push the envelope”.

The current record for ELR:

Scotchmo: I haven't looked at the current NUAH results in a while and I'd like to congratulate you on getting into 300 yards. I'm glad I'm not alone in this group anymore.
Yes, you are right, NUAH has quite clear rules and I have practically no problem with them and I like to participate in this. I talked about the advisability of setting rules for the type of record - one hit at the longest possible distance, which is, after all, a significantly different discipline than NUAH.

The NUAH is well thought out and I plan to use the same target (A4) as for the previous 300yr shooting for the 400yr shooting. There is still a circle that shows 1 MOA and 1.5 MOA at 400yr and I don't want to change the bullet catcher, because the one I have covers A4 paper format well.
I don't think it should be much of a problem, I just found it pointless to move on until other shooters hit the 300 yr mark.

This is a recent video of me shooting around 400 yards in a very strong gusting wind, so in better weather conditions, or longer shooting and a better reading of the current wind, the 400yr NUAH in Expert should be achievable:

Me personally NUAH formatit is not suitable in that 2 people are needed, when one shoots and the other changes the target. Doing this in one means for me: place one target (unfortunately most of the time I can't place more at once) then go back to do 5 shots and to change the target means repacking all the equipment in the car and going to the target again. I usually don't have another person with me, so I use permanent targets that indicate a hit, but don't need to change them, since the most valuable thing, I try to save when shooting, is my own time, which is very limited for LR (+300 yard) shooting.

Reactions: Stubbers
…The NUAH is well thought out and I plan to use the same target (A4) as for the previous 300yr shooting for the 400yr shooting. There is still a circle that shows 1 MOA and 1.5 MOA at 400yr and I don't want to change the bullet catcher, because the one I have covers A4 paper format well.
I don't think it should be much of a problem, I just found it pointless to move on until other shooters hit the 300 yr mark.

You need to be able to count your misses outside of 4 MOA. An A4 paper target is too small for 400yds, so it can’t be used as an official NUAH submission. If you are doing a target for NUAH submission, best to stick to the authorized targets.

My next level will be to use the authorized MR-65 F-class target at 500yds.

As for:
…setting rules for the type of record - one hit at the longest possible distance…
I can measure the velocity, BC, and atmospheric conditions, and then calculate the longest possible distance that the projectile can travel. That’s sufficient for me. When given enough time and enough shots, anyone will be able to eventually hit any target at that distance. So what’s the point? It’s a waste of time and lead, in my opinion.

Reactions: Centercut
in my NUAH shooting method ( Hi zoom camera) I don't need a paper for the ones I didn't hit as they would be visible on the video. I hit the 2 MOA inner circle on A4 paper by 5 hits or not. I understand used larger targets for people who want to reach a given distance, but do not have greater ambitions for rank and it's perfectly fine, but I see no reason to have a large piece of paper that I don't need. From the point of view of the rules, the target will contain everything necessary to determine whether the conditions have been met or not.

As for these records for the longest hit, they were created long before the first airgun records. A specific shooter must be interested in this type of shooting, and I respect that you are interested in a different type of shooting. However, the desire to achieve these records drives technological development, which will ultimately be applicable to your type of shooting and thereby improve it, just as development from F1 formulas is applied to ordinary cars.

The way you describe it, it sounds easy, just shoot a lot of rounds and in theory it could be true, but it makes a big difference to add other data like muzzle velocity SD , ballistic coefficient SD and the shooter's ability to react to impact shift. All of this greatly changes the probability of hitting, and there is a difference between having, for example, a 2% probability of hitting or a 0.2% probability of hitting.
Yes, the one who will have 0.2% can also make it, but he has to bring a couple of 12L 300bar bottles and a few kilos of lead and even then it is just a statistic, so there is no guarantee that it will definitely work out in 500 attempts, but it can be up to after 1000-2000 shots or it may not succeed at all.

my effort in this regard is to agree on the rules for longet hit similar to the clearly stated rules for NUAH

Reactions: Scotchmo
I wish everyone all the best for the coming year 2024 and many not only shooting successes.

I decided to make a few videos about my latest world record and called the series:
" 1 Mile Airgun World Record-Behind the Scenes "

and I'll start with what I probably had the most questions about and that is the ability to aim at such a long distance and compensate for the giant drop of 230 mRad.
The device that allows me to do this I already called MOA Booster in the past and it is a periscope device that changes the tilt of the optical axis of the rifle scope. Here is a sample of my most frequently used MOA Booster models:

But what, who, and how does a person get something like this without breaking the bank?

Allen

Allen,
at ease! 😃

You won't need to "break the bank"! 😃

It's really simple.
All you need to do is break into a bank — and voilà — you can pay for more than just the elevation gizmo! 😃

Let me know when you're ready to make the break. I need one of those magic elevation wands as well!

Matthias

PS: The other option, slightly less illegal, we have been discussing on a Peruvian forum: Selling of one of our kidneys....

I can shoot a little over 900 yards with my Heritage Arms 300 MOA Cold Shot without any hold over.
Wont cost you a kidney! Just your right toe........
Just wondering what kind of optic are you using? I mainly use a 18x power for the 44mils it has available but i am waiting for the same base to mount a 60x optic just so it is easier to identify misses down range.