New World Record Longest Airgun Hit

Thanks again to everyone for their positive contributions.
Obviously not everyone is as wishy washy as you are.
I posted my record video in the FB group Precision Airgunning - Long Range Target And Hunting, which is administered by Steve Brew. The post was here a few days and half an hour ago and was deleted after I just replied to Steve Brew's request to send a free slug for testing. I wrote that after our bad experiences with sending free slugs to some YouTubers, we practically no longer send free slugs.After that my entire post with the video and the discussion were deleted.

As the founder and administrator this FB group, he has the right to do so, just as I have the right to publicly say that selective censorship works in this group.
Its a good job there is always two sides to every story!
People that publicly launch into slagging others off on open forums more often than not are the ones that tell twisted lies and manipulate the truth to make themselves feel better!

Let me set the recored straight!

Considering you never post or take part in discussion In mine or any other group your one off contributions are not really valued, but anyway you felt this would be a good post and time to promote your slug business on my group.

Yes I did mention about sending me some sample slugs for proper testing, as I will go above and beyond what anyone else would, will and are able to do, you sarcastic response slating all the Youtubers should have not reflected on me and my offer and you poopty response basically telling me to “F off” was harsh and out of order to say the least, your attitude and response was out of order and certainly not called for!

Then we experienced trolling from your side kick who had the same attitude as you, being abusive to other members and calling them out not to mention being dam right rude. Your side kick Raul Valera who I believe to be your very close friend or side kick or actually you it is you posting under a different username started getting aggressive to members and completely out of order. As owner of the group I removed the nasty comments as they appeared. As you and and your side kick couldn’t resist poor online behaviour I thought best to remove the post as at the end of the day the intention of the post was to boost your sales. But your comment on this post here, this will in fact show people what a complete clown you are and will actually cause you and your business more harm then good, so feel free to leave it up as long as you want!
Ive been receiving abusive messages from you/ your side kick ever since removing that post also!

Its funny, its funny how people get all upset when they are removed from my group, then they take up the telling of tales and trying to name and shame, its funny how they they slate me and my group but the reason they are doing it is because they were removed 😂😂, but in reality my group is growing rapidly and is one if not the most active and contributed group out there, it a result of your attitude and behaviour is why you are and will no longer be part of it!

247sniper

since I haven't been since then and they don't plan to go to your FB group, it was hard for me to write something or convince someone to write something against you.
I have contributed for many years on the home airgun forum, but due to the fact that I devote the maximum time to work and development, I do not have time to comment on other things and I always open posts about our products and participate in the discussion there, because I am interested in opinions about our products. Of course, it's also advertising for us, but at the same time, it's an open discussion, and that's what these FB groups or forums should be about. The moderator is only supposed to supervise that the rules of the given group are not violated and you don't do that, but you clearly apply your opinion and view on the matter and then any information on such a group is useless because it is directly influenced by the opinion of one single person.

The people who are writing to you because you deleted this post are writing to you because they are also annoyed by what is happening in your group.
I only know Raul Valera because he buys slugs from us for his own shoting, as he, like others, has found that they work best for him far better than anything else he has ever tried. We have never met in person, but we write about our shooting successes. At the same time, he already wrote to me that the weight of his contributions was deliberately reduced in your group, because he had better shooting results than you. And yes during the time we exchanged opinions and shooting results we became friends and I am proud to say that he is my friend even though we have never met in person.
That's a simple fact, and another fact is that it's clear to everyone that you're pushing only one brand of airgun slug on your FB groop.

Then don't be surprised that people responded, they were obviously waiting for the trigger which was my post, where I openly described without embellishment or anything else exactly what happened to me.
I checked this thread again today after a few days and before I even opened it I got this message:
"
Welcome to the group of fine people and companies kicked out of "Precision Airgunning" by Steve "the paranoid" Brew.
"

They intentionally do not write the name of the person who sent it to me, as we did not get permission to do so and I will never try to harm someone for my own benefit. Just stating that it is a message from a slug manufacturer.
If he wants, he will write here himself.

I understand why no one wants to publish this information, because the only thing that will happen is that it will hurt the company. That person in question will intentionally spread half-truths or outright lies about the company's products.
That's a simple fact, just that I published the first post about what happened to me in your FB group, I published it knowing that it would only harm to us.
I know this and then I have to explain it to people in my company, why we have negative advertising and why, for example, sales have decreased, but still I am disgusted by where the internet has gone around airugn and I am not going to keep my mouth shut like all the other manufacturers, just to make someone it didn't upset and it didn't try hurt my company.
If everyone follows this, then the entire industry will only move downwards.

The days when information on the internet was largely a pure user experience are long gone. At the moment when companies bribe YouTubers and YouTubers began to expect this, practically all unbiased information disappeared. Again, the primary loser is the user who receives distorted information.

To what you write, why you decided to delete my post on your FB, it would be nice to add the original text of my post in the discussion.
I did not insult you or anything else you write. I simply wrote that we have no reason to send free slugs to individuals, as our stated data about slugs has already been proven by many users, including the Centrcut team, and that after bad experiences with sending free slugs to YouTubers, we have decided that, with exceptions, we are not going to do this. especially when we have an excess of sales over production.
We would rather support a competition with a sponsorship than send free slugs to individuals.

So the bunch of crap about you writing that I'm insulting you is nonsense. So, you simply didn't get the bribe you deserved ( from your point of view ),
If you wanted to solve it normally, it was enough to write my PM that your FB group works on unwritten rules and if I want to publish my content here, you expect something in return.

Here we are on a free forum, you cannot exercise your censorship here, so I will be happy for you to express yourself here, no one here will delete your content.

As I already wrote, I know that with this post I will rank high on the list of arch-enemies for you. But for me, he's just another person to whom I told my free opinion, even though he definitely won't like it.
At least because of this I can look my little daughter in the face and tell her straight up that she should stand up for her opinion in life and know that it's not hypocritical bullpoop.

Last edited:
I can see your point with that. I've seen shooters get the Altaros Smooth .25 cal 49.5 grain, or the .22 cal 32.3 grain, and shoot them either at too slow or too fast a speed, then make videos that say they aren't that good. The silly part is all they had to do was take the advice of you (the manufacturer) and shoot them at recommended speeds (like 850 to 900 fps) and they'll normally be very accurate and stable at all distances. But shooters here in America have such an incredible fetish for speed and power that even when told the right answer, they get it wrong. Your .25 cal 49.5 grain ATP Smooth in the FX Superior Heavy barrel is nothing short of revolutionary. But only at the right speed, which for me was 885 fps. When I shot them at the Long-Range event in Oregon the end of April 2023, at ranges from 120 to 260 yards, and windy conditions, it never crossed my mind after the first couple of shots that I would miss - and I didn't and went 25 for 25. It's not that I shot a perfect score, it was HOW EASY IT WAS TO DO SO!. Click the scope, aim, pull trigger, hit. Easy day...
And also shoot these slugs in a slow twist that obviously won't optimally stabilize = then gripe about it in their ignorance.

Reactions: Centercut
And also shoot these slugs in a slow twist that obviously won't optimally stabilize = then gripe about it in their ignorance.
Steve, you are 100% correct. In fact, I tried the .25 ATP Smooth in an Impact with 700mm Slug A liner prior to trying them in my Panthera. The twist on that liner is 1:21" and shot the NSA 43.5 and 38.9 very well at all yardages out to 250 yards, and speeds from 900 to 980 fps. So, I tried the .25 ATP Smooth 49.5gr at 950 fps, and then again at 900 fps, and the results were "Meh".
After I got my Panthera 600mm, I tuned it for the .25 ATP Smooth 49.5 grain with the Superior Heavy liner at 1:18" twist, plus the Sup Heavy has a slightly tighter choke than the old(er) Slug A liners.
And BINGO, at 880 fps to 900 fps they were AMAZING! Initially stacked inside a dime ten shots at 50Y, then inside a quarter at 100Y, and hit 2" swingers at 200 yards consistently.
Could they go faster and be accurate? Maybe, but I'm not sure why I would do that. As it is I get about 20 to 22 shots per 250 bar fill at 86 FPE. More speed = more power = less shots. For NRL-22 you need at LEAST 15 shots on a fill for longer stages.

Altaros, I'm likely to be one of the first to place my order for the M24 in the USA.

You have already mentioned about your M24 production intentions and it's good to know about your new UPS shipping agreement to the USA.

Without being too vague, can you narrow down a time frame in months or years?

Rod in San Francisco

I said nice, and i stand by that as i am no politician.
BUT if we are to totally fill the canvas with color, then Yes i also think shooting this far is at least to some degree is a game of chance.

I would not set forth on something like this, i pretty much need to make " the kill " in 5 shots tops, 3 shots and i can sleep well.
Ondrej is partially doing this for the fun of it, yes to advertise as well, but also to prove out that its possible with his rifle and slug combo. For sure some luck is involved but the objective was met. Bring that same rifle and slug into 200 to 300 yards range and I wouldn't be surprised to see first round hits on small steel or varmints.

I've shot ELR many times with expensive precision rifles even winning a match out to 2356 yards with my big 30 caliber and the vertical in his video isn't much worse than mine was at a mile and that's with a .72BC going 2935 fps with a 12 fps SD.
Heck I was shooting my 6mmBR with a lower SD of 6 fps at 1985Y a month ago and it took quite a few shots, I want to say 10 or so??, to hit a steel about that size of balloon.

One of the biggest issues with people in general today is they complain about issues and want to share that, rather than ask for help.

And people take it as a bad product rather than probable misuse of the product and don't bother to help or suggest a solution.

The other issue we have is when things go right, people don't go bragging how well things are unless it is over the top great.

Allen

Reactions: HN Sport
Altaros, I'm likely to be one of the first to place my order for the M24 in the USA.

You have already mentioned about your M24 production intentions and it's good to know about your new UPS shipping agreement to the USA.

Without being too vague, can you narrow down a time frame in months or years?

Rod in San Francisco
bumped

I took a little leave from the forum for a while because I didn't want to be distracted.
Thanks to steve123 and Centercut and others for their support on the previous thing, which I don't want to go back to.

Yes, shipping to the US is now possible, but we still do not have a single rifle in stock (you can track this on our website) We are currently still assembling them and then they must pass a state inspection. As soon as they are in stock, we will adjust the information about shipping to the US, set the shipping cost, and the M24 rifle can be ordered immediately
Unfortunately, we are a small company, but we produce a lot of different products (rifles, slugs, compressors, regulators, silencers and other accessories), i.e. what 3-4 different companies normally do, which complicates logistics and sometimes some products are preferred over others. In addition, two long-term employees left us a year ago due to moving to another city, which also affected the speed of production.
So it's not that M24s airgun aren't only for US customers, but currently they are not for anyone, but as they will be in stock, they will also be available for US customers compared to before. I hope within 1-2 months

Now back to the world record. Although I don't like to speak English in public, I accepted the offer of an interview from Mr. Shepard Humphries, whose group holds the world record for the longest shot from firearms at a distance of 4.4 miles, and the interview will be on his youtube channel in about 2 weeks:

I've been waiting long enough to see if any of the members of this forum would start to question the veracity of Ton Jones' alleged new record at 2058yr distance, but no one has posted except for one Centrcut comment.
I personally don't understand this, because if I published a similar video and claimed that I set a new world record without a single proof of the hit, photos of the hit on the target, proof of the distance, simply without anything, there would be 5 pages of haters attacking me directly in single day and you know what , it would be justified.

Since I don't believe that anyone will take this on, I have to do it myself, even though I know that I am in a conflict of interest in this regard. But I can do this because I am 100% sure that this is a fake scam video and I will also provide clear evidence to prove it.

I will present the 2 most important pieces of evidence that this is not and never was a 2058 yard shot. I will list these two as they are the easiest to understand for the average airgun shooter who has no experience with ELR shotting and relies on physical evidence.
I will present other indirect evidences that show the unrealness of the whole event sometime later.

main video: Worlds Record Longest Air Rifle Shot 2058 yards, 1.17 miles . Texan .308
second video : Worlds longest Air Rifle Shot 2058 yards , 1.17 miles. Commentary Walkthrough

Direct evidence:
Too short flight time (between shot and impact) for 2058yr:

At 5:39 (main video) there is a shot at an alleged distance of 2058yr. The time from the shot to the observer speaking about the place of impact is around 5.7s

At 8:20 (main video) there is a shot at an alleged distance of 2058yr. The time from the shot to the observer speaking about the place of impact is again around 5.7s

At 10:14 (main video) there is a shot at an alleged distance of 2058yr. The time from the shot to the observer speaking about the place of impact is again around 5.6s

so the average time from the projectile flight video is 5.7s

Shooter states that the muzzle velocity in the second video at time 34:25 and that the maximum was MV:1000-1020fps

No one has measured the ballistic coefficient, but they estimate that it could be around G1 0.3

They report that the shooting took place at whittington center shooting range adress: 34025 US-64, Raton, NM 87740- therefore we used an altitude of 7215ft ( 2200m) above sea level and pressure we will estimate on 30.09 in = 1018HPa

From these data it is possible to calculate using a ballistics program that the flight duration for 2058yr, G1 0.3 and 1020fps should correspond to a time of about 8.9s.
So the difference between the physical reality and the measured time of the flight length of the bullet in the video is more than 3s !

Even if we used the super BC G1 0.479, which I have a 155gr Berger Target Hybrid .308 bullet for firearms and and used speed of 1300fps (400m/s significantly supersonic), the flight time will not be lower than 6.7s

conclusion: this is clear physical evidence provided directly from the video that there was no way one could have fired at the stated 2058yr, at most it was 1400yards, but we didn't account for observer lag (seeing the impact and the first reaction of the body ), so realistically it won't be more than 1300 yards.
Another question is whether we can even talk about BC 0.3 for this type of slug that does not have a boat tail.

I consulted this part of the evidence with the US team, who themselves achieved the world record for the longest hit of several miles but from firearms, and they confirmed to me that the time of the flight of the projectile does not fit so that it could be a distance of 2058yr.

Circumstantial evidence:
A small tilt of the barrel axis required for shooting at 2058 yr:

here in the photo you can see my barrel tilt when when I completed my new world record on 1 mile. This shooting required 230 mRad, which corresponds to a 13-degree tilt of the barrel axis to the target, and you can also measure this tilt in the photo.
strelecka pozice po zasahu.jpg

Here are pictures of the rifle tilt used in this scam video.
uhel 2.png

you can see how little barrel angle is used here.

In this photo, the position of the alleged target is marked, which is not on the same plane, but is on a hill, so it is necessary to increase the angle by the difference in the height of the target and the shooter.

target uhel.png

in the first photo you can also see that a front bag was used under the bipod to raise the axis of the barrel a little. The increase itself is a maximum of one inch compared to if the rifle was mounted on a bipod.
But in these two photos, Mr. Ton Jones and his team state that he was shooting at 1050 yards. From the second photo you can see that in this case the target was only slightly higher than the position of the shooter, it was definitely not as high as in the alleged 2058yr.

1123 yard sklopeny puskohled  -dvojnozka vysuta.png

3 zuby uvodni video se střelbou na 1050 yard  nebo tak něco – kopie-target.png

so, to change from 1050yr to 2058yr, the shooter raised the barrel by a maximum only of 1 inch, but according to the calculated ballistic data, the aim of the barrel needs to be increased by more than double!

As I wrote at the beginning of the video, there is a lot of other nonsense that shows the unreality of the whole shooting, but I consider these to be one of the most important ones that someone should have pointed out immediately after the publication of this scam video.

A small mitigating circumstance for the author Mr. Ton Jones is that he worked for many years in reality shows in Hollywood and this show that represent everything possible, except realism but that doesn't excuse him and other other persons from intentional fraud on the entire world airgun shooting community.
Unfortunately, these video scams, and he is far from the only one, only make the real shooters, who do not cheat, feel frustrated that they do not achieve similar performances as in these scam videos.

Of course Mr. Ton Jones can defend himself against these serious allegations here and present evidence to the contrary, but the fact that he prefers to turn off all comments under the video about the record shows that he knows that I am not the only one who noticed this fraud.

I personally would not have come forward with these serious allegations unless I was 100% sure of fraud and if I am wrong I will publicly apologize to Mr. Ton Jones and take the consequences. But I know one thing for sure, physics does not lie, unlike people.

3 zuby uvodni video se střelbou na 1050 yard  nebo tak něco.png

Last edited:
I've been waiting long enough to see if any of the members of this forum would start to question the veracity of Ton Jones' alleged new record at 2058yr distance, but no one has posted except for one Centrcut comment.
I personally don't understand this, because if I published a similar video and claimed that I set a new world record without a single proof of the hit, photos of the hit on the target, proof of the distance, simply without anything, there would be 5 pages of haters attacking me directly in single day and you know what , it would be justified.

Since I don't believe that anyone will take this on, I have to do it myself, even though I know that I am in a conflict of interest in this regard. But I can do this because I am 100% sure that this is a fake scam video and I will also provide clear evidence to prove it.

I will present the 2 most important pieces of evidence that this is not and never was a 2058 yard shot. I will list these two as they are the easiest to understand for the average airgun shooter who has no experience with ELR shotting and relies on physical evidence.
I will present other indirect evidences that show the unrealness of the whole event sometime later.

main video: Worlds Record Longest Air Rifle Shot 2058 yards, 1.17 miles . Texan .308
second video : Worlds longest Air Rifle Shot 2058 yards , 1.17 miles. Commentary Walkthrough

Direct evidence:
Too short flight time (between shot and impact) for 2058yr:

At 5:39 (main video) there is a shot at an alleged distance of 2058yr. The time from the shot to the observer speaking about the place of impact is around 5.7s

At 8:20 (main video) there is a shot at an alleged distance of 2058yr. The time from the shot to the observer speaking about the place of impact is again around 5.7s

At 10:14 (main video) there is a shot at an alleged distance of 2058yr. The time from the shot to the observer speaking about the place of impact is again around 5.6s

so the average time from the projectile flight video is 5.7s

Shooter states that the muzzle velocity in the second video at time 34:25 and that the maximum was MV:1000-1020fps

No one has measured the ballistic coefficient, but they estimate that it could be around G1 0.3

They report that the shooting took place at whittington center shooting range adress: 34025 US-64, Raton, NM 87740- therefore we used an altitude of 7215ft ( 2200m) above sea level and pressure we will estimate on 30.09 in = 1018HPa

From these data it is possible to calculate using a ballistics program that the flight duration for 2058yr, G1 0.3 and 1020fps should correspond to a time of about 8.9s.
So the difference between the physical reality and the measured time of the flight length of the bullet in the video is more than 3s !

Even if we used the super BC G1 0.479, which I have a 155gr Berger Target Hybrid .308 bullet for firearms and and used speed of 1300fps (400m/s significantly supersonic), the flight time will not be lower than 6.7s

conclusion: this is clear physical evidence provided directly from the video that there was no way one could have fired at the stated 2058yr, at most it was 1400yards, but we didn't account for observer lag (seeing the impact and the first reaction of the body ), so realistically it won't be more than 1300 yards.
Another question is whether we can even talk about BC 0.3 for this type of slug that does not have a boat tail.

I consulted this part of the evidence with the US team, who themselves achieved the world record for the longest hit of several miles but from firearms, and they confirmed to me that the time of the flight of the projectile does not fit so that it could be a distance of 2058yr.

Circumstantial evidence:
A small tilt of the barrel axis required for shooting at 2058 yr:

here in the photo you can see my barrel tilt when when I completed my new world record on 1 mile. This shooting required 230 mRad, which corresponds to a 13-degree tilt of the barrel axis to the target, and you can also measure this tilt in the photo.
View attachment 396724

Here are pictures of the rifle tilt used in this scam video.
View attachment 396726

you can see how little barrel angle is used here.

In this photo, the position of the alleged target is marked, which is not on the same plane, but is on a hill, so it is necessary to increase the angle by the difference in the height of the target and the shooter.

View attachment 396727

in the first photo you can also see that a front bag was used under the bipod to raise the axis of the barrel a little. The increase itself is a maximum of one inch compared to if the rifle was mounted on a bipod.
But in these two photos, Mr. Ton Jones and his team state that he was shooting at 1050 yards. From the second photo you can see that in this case the target was only slightly higher than the position of the shooter, it was definitely not as high as in the alleged 2058yr.

View attachment 396728

View attachment 396730

so, to change from 1050yr to 2058yr, the shooter raised the barrel by a maximum only of 1 inch, but according to the calculated ballistic data, the aim of the barrel needs to be increased by more than double!

As I wrote at the beginning of the video, there is a lot of other nonsense that shows the unreality of the whole shooting, but I consider these to be one of the most important ones that someone should have pointed out immediately after the publication of this scam video.

A small mitigating circumstance for the author Mr. Ton Jones is that he worked for many years in reality shows in Hollywood and this show that represent everything possible, except realism but that doesn't excuse him and other other persons from intentional fraud on the entire world airgun shooting community.
Unfortunately, these video scams, and he is far from the only one, only make the real shooters, who do not cheat, feel frustrated that they do not achieve similar performances as in these scam videos.

Of course Mr. Ton Jones can defend himself against these serious allegations here and present evidence to the contrary, but the fact that he prefers to turn off all comments under the video about the record shows that he knows that I am not the only one who noticed this fraud.

I personally would not have come forward with these serious allegations unless I was 100% sure of fraud and if I am wrong I will publicly apologize to Mr. Ton Jones and take the consequences. But I know one thing for sure, physics does not lie, unlike people.

View attachment 396729
Intelligent and well thought out reply from Altaros. What troubles me about the Mr Jone video, is the lackadaisical approach he has when refilling after each shot. Other than checking the reading from the Texan bottle gauge, there is not accurate way to measure how much much air is being refilled in the Texan tank. If Mr Jones was preparing for a verifiable world record, he should have documented ballistic data by displaying a chronograph as well as the gauges used on a "Regman 2 pcp regulator" when shooting tethered. The regulator would show how much air is in the tethered tank as well as how much air was entering the Texan tank.

As much as I would love to see our PCP airguns progress forward into the extreme long distance ranges, I hope not to see us take "one step forward and two steps backwards" No doubt that all the sponsors or equipment that is shown at the end of his video will get hits and possible sales. But at what cost? Just my 2 cents.

Rod in San Francisco.

Last edited:
Reactions: Centercut
Logically laid out response by Ondrej at Altaros.

Post #31 on the following AF link

https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/2058-yards-a-new-world-record.1297253/page-2#post-1577075

He lays out in logical scientific reason why this isn’t truly any sort of record.
It’s been said before that this seems more of an elaborate hoax than any actual sort of record.

Since AirForce seems to be promoting this on social media, to question this “accomplishment” is only fair and logical.
Many reasons it’s more a figment of the group’s imagination than an actual real world record.

- no photographic or video proof, other than a spotter saying (at 2000 yards) that he saw a bird dropping on the target
- no ballistic data
- unknown slug BC - logic says under 0.30 since it was not a high BC boat tail slug
- projectile speed unknown.
- scope not on target
- angle of gun at shot unrealistic
- flight time much too short
- bird dropping on target

For the above reasons no intelligent logical thinking mind would just “press the I believe button” when presented with the supposition and conjecture presented by the AirForce team.
Had they stated a couple days later that it was an elaborate hoax, and “we gotcha”, that would have made much more sense, and we’d all have gotten a good laugh.
IMHO this is NOT any sort of record.

thank you all for your support. Since I'm going on vacation this week, I won't be contributing much right now, but in the future I want to offer the shooting community a discussion about the rules that would give order to these world records in terms of credibility and also clear rules, which are currently lacking . This should prevent similar situations from happening again, and vice versa so that other shooters know how to proceed when creating a new record.

As I am finishing an article for the oldest and largest shooting magazine published in the Czech Republic regarding our new world record and I received a question about the accuracy of this shooting, so I performed an impact analysis and I myself was surprised at how incredibly accurate dispersion was achieved especially in horizontally.

grupa.jpg

This is all 16 shots in a row from the record video. With 88% of impacts (14 shots from 16) having C-C spreads of 61 cm - 24 inches which is equivalent to 1.3 MOA (measured horizontally only ).
The two shots in the upper left corner I think they are caused by a change in the wind, as the wind was blowing almost from 9 o'clock and thus the decrease in wind force shifted the impact to the left but also higher. If, on the other hand, the wind was blowing more than the average, the shot would be to the right of the target and lower, since the direction and force of the wind changes the impact vertically as well, not only horizontally.
vertical dispersion cannot be accurately measured as the projectiles hit a relatively flat surface. A target on a steep hill would be needed for this measurement.
Even though these ATP Super King 66gr slugs had a BC G1 close to 0.3 (0.275), this BC is still too low for such a small spread given the wind that prevailed when shootingPersonally, I believe that this small variance was mainly due to the fact that a large part of the slug's flight took place at a height of 100m (330 feet) above the ground where the wind is already significantly more stable than a few meters near the ground where swirls are created and irregular flow.
I am based on this assumption also because I have already observed a few times that I was able to sometimes achieve a better horizontal dispersion in MOA when shooting at 1000 yards than when shooting at around 500 - 600 yards. This is not always the case, but I have experienced this a few times. This older video is an example of this phenomenon:

Pricnip is the same, periscopic design. Just in your photo, the Delta TARAC device is also used, which shifts the image to the side off the barrel axis. I preferred to solve it with a high periscopic device, which will do a similar job.

as for tilting the scope assembly in such a way, I find it very impractical, since such a rifle is then handled in a completely different way and cannot be used for anything else. It is enough for me to remove the periscope from the scope and I can immediately shoot using only the scope from 0m to almost 500m.

But I understand that probably the slope from Charlie Tarac was not enough and therefore they had to use the mounting slope as well.
rekord puska - aktualni.jpg