New World Record Longest Airgun Hit

Oure more than 5-year journey from the first slug tests to the previous world record 3.5 years ago is over. We achieved our goal of hitting a target at a distance of one Mile - 1625m, 1777 yards !
I hope you enjoy the video as much as I enjoyed this journey to my goal.

We will gradually add information about the M24 model with similar features here on the website:
https://www.altaros.cz/content/70-1-mile-airgun-shoting-first-time-in-history

Although the version of our M24 rifle capable of these results is still being prepared for sale, we already offer other used equipment to achieve this regcord on our website.

These are especially our new silencers with a muzzle brake, which help diverts the expanding residual air away from the path of the bullet, which leads increasing the accuracy of shooting.
https://www.altaros.cz/accessories/210-silencer-with-muzzle-brake-22.html

Altaros M24 airgun with only one external regulator (no internal) was used for the record, and it is exactly this model that is sold on our website, set to 236 bar.
https://www.altaros.cz/domu/223-external-regulator-with-externally-adjustable-pressure.html

The sale of the ATP Super King - CNC turned slugs that were used for the record will resume after the record rifle is added to our website, but our ATP King .25
67gr can do a very similar job, for example.
Most of the other ATP CNC turning slugs in our range can be used for shooting up to 1000 yards.
https://www.militaryairgun.com/domu/191-atp-king-635mm-25.html

Last edited:
thank you, with this I want to take a longer break from shooting above 1200m.
It was for a velocity of 260 m/s = 853 fps, at a higher velocity the BC would be slightly higher.
My friend from abroad who also uses ATP Smooth 49.5gr but at higher speed measured BC G1 0.238 at speeds of 294 m/s 964 fps
Smooth .25  -chronograg BC-2.jpg

On the other hand, the measured BC at higher velocities is not as telling as for slower velocities, because when shooting at 200-300 yards, the velocity will still decrease and the average BC will be more in line with what we state on the slug packaging.

I have to make my new thread for ATP Smooth 49.5gr slugs tomorrow, because it is the most popular slug in .25 caliber from our offer, and it does not have its own thread here.

Reactions: qball
at the time of the video 12:14 there is complete ballistic data directly from the Appliet ballistic program, including the information that the highest elevation (height of the slug above the ground) was 132m (433 feet) at a distance of 944m.
So when shooting, it is more necessary to control the flight traffic than the movement on the ground 🛩️🛩️ :p

thank you all for your kind words, it's been a really long journey. At these distances, every +100 yards means a significant increase in difficulty, so even if only +377 yards were added to the original record, the difficulty has increased by much more than just the ratio between 1400 and 1777 yards.

Amazing, is that a periscope on your scope to see over the elevated barrel ?
the periscope is raised a lot, but the image of the barrel/silencer already extends into the area of the reticle, as can be seen here in the photo.
barrel shadow.png

If you zoom in as much as possible (24zoom, this is a black larger target than was used on the record), you can usually see through well. Unfortunately, the scopecam video for the record is of poorer quality, as I was moved by the placement of the TriggerCam
max zoom 24x.png

What PSI when tethered and what was the FPS out of the barrel?
236 bar -3422PSI was the outlet pressure from the regulator to the valve chamber. 144J - 108FPE was muzzle velocity ( at the end of the barrel ) and 33J- 25FPE on the target.
Very Impressive! Any plans to offer the M24 to the US?
As I already wrote, we have an approved agreement with UPS to import airguns to the USA. The only thing we don't have at all right now are M24s in stock. So as soon as the new ones are in stock, it will be possible to order the M24 on the e-shop with direct air transport to the USA

Thanks again to everyone for their positive contributions.
Obviously not everyone is as wishy washy as you are.
I posted my record video in the FB group Precision Airgunning - Long Range Target And Hunting, which is administered by Steve Brew. The post was here a few days and half an hour ago and was deleted after I just replied to Steve Brew's request to send a free slug for testing. I wrote that after our bad experiences with sending free slugs to some YouTubers, we practically no longer send free slugs.After that my entire post with the video and the discussion were deleted.

As the founder and administrator this FB group, he has the right to do so, just as I have the right to publicly say that selective censorship works in this group.

Last edited:
Thanks again to everyone for their positive contributions.
Obviously not everyone is as wishy washy as you are.
I posted my record video in the FB group Precision Airgunning - Long Range Target And Hunting, which is administered by Steve Brew. The post was here a few days and half an hour ago and was deleted after I just replied to Steve Brew's request to send a free slug for testing. I wrote that after our bad experiences with sending free slugs to some YouTubers, we practically no longer send free slugs. After that my entire post with the video and the discussion were deleted.

As the founder and administrator this FB group, he has the right to do so, just as I have the right to publicly say that selective censorship works in this group.
I can see your point with that. I've seen shooters get the Altaros Smooth .25 cal 49.5 grain, or the .22 cal 32.3 grain, and shoot them either at too slow or too fast a speed, then make videos that say they aren't that good. The silly part is all they had to do was take the advice of you (the manufacturer) and shoot them at recommended speeds (like 850 to 900 fps) and they'll normally be very accurate and stable at all distances. But shooters here in America have such an incredible fetish for speed and power that even when told the right answer, they get it wrong. Your .25 cal 49.5 grain ATP Smooth in the FX Superior Heavy barrel is nothing short of revolutionary. But only at the right speed, which for me was 885 fps. When I shot them at the Long-Range event in Oregon the end of April 2023, at ranges from 120 to 260 yards, and windy conditions, it never crossed my mind after the first couple of shots that I would miss - and I didn't and went 25 for 25. It's not that I shot a perfect score, it was HOW EASY IT WAS TO DO SO!. Click the scope, aim, pull trigger, hit. Easy day...

Last edited: