• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Wolverine

Shot count: 50
Low: 965
Hi: 977
Avg: 970
Spread: 12
STD Dev: 2.8

Playing around in my basement range only have around 8 to 9 yards today. Chrony’d 50 shots CHP 7.9 gr straight out of tin. Not too bad for $6.99 pellets. Pretty sure they may not shoot as well at a longer range but works for trigger time in the basement.

0F201F10-F2ED-4677-9C5C-1F45AA42F33B.jpeg

59E07539-FBB6-4A51-8044-552FC8A77026.jpeg

I have both the .177 Forester and the .22 HP. Out of the box I shot my best score at Field Target 50/60 with the .177 shooting 13.4s and then at Silhouette with the .22 HP 58/60 with Range Master 25.38s. Then I shot Extreme Field Target with the .22 HP and the trigger proved to be way to stiff off sticks at 100 yds. I talked with a friend who had the exact same gun and he had “worked” on his trigger. It was infinitely better than mine. I took my Japanese water stones that I use to sharpen wood working tools to a mirror finish and applied them carefully to the sear contact surfaces on both guns. Wow what an amazing difference. I even had Airguns of Arizona check them out and they were impressed. A quick range test off sticks at 41 yds I can consistently put a pellet through a 3/4 inch hole even in the wind with both guns. At 81 yds with the HP I can consistently hit the 1 1/2 inch gong and 50-50 the 1 inch gong. Im looking forward to my next Field Target and Extreme Field Target opportunities with the improved triggers.

Yesterday the wolverine was suggested when helping setup the field target course for todays match. I had initially dismissed it as a FT rifle due to the left hand magazine loading. I figured that would be interfered by the parallax wheels. Then I see that carm makes a right side load for them.

How have you liked them so far? Did they do well for you this season? I'm up in the air between a wolverine or redwolf for a primary ft rifle.