• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Wildcat MK3. The good and the bad.

So finally got my new wildcat. I must say it is the best shooting pcp gun I have ever owned. I love it. At 50 yards I shot a fly that landed on my target. I was only on my 17th shot out of this gun. Now for the bad (there always is). I hate where the safety lever is. I mean really could FX not found a place farther back. The fill probe is new to me but seems ok but why not a foster fitting type or an adapter sold with gun. Got gun and have to hand pump till adapter comes in. All in all I would recommend this gun to anyone but could use a couple improvements.

1595101379_20147194245f1350c3c3b1d3.13512070.jpg

I really like the safety on my mutant, but the forward cocking lever on the wildcat is of a larger value than the safety positioning, at least to me, when target shooting.

When I am squirrel or whatever hunting, the lever position doesn't matter nearly as much...

Very true . Definitely not a deal breaker by any means but would be nice if up by trigger more like impact.

I agree with both of the points you made. 

I like my safeties near the trigger and easy to reach from there. 

Not using a dedicated foster fitting like the units already installed on the Impact and Crown is another step backwards for FX. I really can't believe that a forward thinking company like FX would revert back to an outdated fill probe set up like that.

The safety orientation would not stop me from purchasing one but the fill probe would.

A larger plenum would be as easy as a slightly longer air tube. There is plenty of real estate left for the longer tube without interfering with the shroud/moderator. It would not add that much weight nor cost that much and would be a plus to the shot count as well. I'm sure that most of us would appreciate it.

I really like the safety on my mutant, but the forward cocking lever on the wildcat is of a larger value than the safety positioning, at least to me, when target shooting.

When I am squirrel or whatever hunting, the lever position doesn't matter nearly as much...

Very true . Definitely not a deal breaker by any means but would be nice if up by trigger more like impact.

Just be glad it's WAY WAY WAY BETTER than the IMPACT TRIGGER!

Yo, I actually like the ones with 4 orings, They tend to be snug and I just leave them in the guns I only shoot from my 'counter' or bench and put a cap on the foster. That said, I've had more than one from the ebay seller that just didn't fit.....

That's a REALLY GOOD IDEA! Especially for HW PCPs! Instead of that lame easily lost dust plug! Double o-rings (quad o-rings actually)

A larger plenum would be as easy as a slightly longer air tube. There is plenty of real estate left for the longer tube without interfering with the shroud/moderator. It would not add that much weight nor cost that much and would be a plus to the shot count as well. I'm sure that most of us would appreciate it.

Yupp,

why do many manufacturers make the air tubes shorter than necessary, as if trying to not have “too much of it”?
I first noticed this air tube stinginess while I was comparing 40 bullpups. And I noticed that they fall into two camps:

● CAMP 1: Full Air Tubes

There are some generous manufacturers who give their customers “full length air tubes” that extend almost all the way out to the muzzle. This maximizes air supply. And protects the sensitive barrel against getting hit when handling the gun in confined spaces or in the woods.

● CAMP 2: Anemic Air Tubes
Then there are some manufacturers who seem to be a lot more stingy when giving their customers air....
The air tubes of their bullpups are short in comparison to the barrel (which is short to begin with on a bullpup, at least the ones under 31" / 81cm). I call those the “anemic air tubes.” Why not help the shooter out and give him/ her more air?

40 Bullpup Photo Comparison Chart – Air Tubes
To illustrate this curious anemic air tube phenomena, below is a sampling of 40 bullpup photos. See for yourself how some generous bullpups give you a full air tube, while others are more stingy providing you only with an anemic air tube. The Wildcat compares actually quite good in that respect!

Happy shopping,

Matthias

For the full discussion, see here:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/bullpups-why-dont-they-give-us-a-longer-air-tube/

1595215579_2109142105f150edb30d7c5.08854984.jpg