New Weihrauch HW97K

Hey all. Just took delivery of a new Weihrauch HW97K in .177 from Baker Airguns in Ohio. It sure is a beauty. After inspection and a clean, I mounted my scope and took some test shots at 20 yds (I normally sight in at about 30 yds but it's raining here).

This gun shoots great! It's quite heavy but it feels so nice. I shot a 7 shot group on a shooting tripod with the holes touching. That really surprised me. My HW95L is nice too but it's harder to shoot tight groups. I am happy.

Reactions: maxtrouble
Here she is:

HW97K.1648742747.JPG

I have a 97kt and a 77. Prefer the 77, which has a globe front and an Anschutz match rear, mainly because of the slightly longer barrel and cocking lever. Accuracy on both is comparable, irons and a 4-16x scope if I use a properly sized target for my front globe insert and shoot at the proper range for it. The 97kt has a thumbhole stock, I would have rather had standard type but at the time it was all that was available, and both are the new style forend and honestly like the old style rounded vs this new flared and reverse cut on the new style.

I have a 97kt and a 77. Prefer the 77, which has a globe front and an Anschutz match rear, mainly because of the slightly longer barrel and cocking lever. Accuracy on both is comparable, irons and a 4-16x scope if I use a properly sized target for my front globe insert and shoot at the proper range for it. The 97kt has a thumbhole stock, I would have rather had standard type but at the time it was all that was available, and both are the new style forend and honestly like the old style rounded vs this new flared and reverse cut on the new style.

I like all the different versions of the HW97K. Love the thumbhole stock but it was much more costly, as was the blue laminate model. The checkering on my gun must be an older design. Anyway I think it may be an older design. The pictures of the 97s on Pyramid and AirGun Depot look like Seangabrell's 97 checkering. AOA pictures look like my gun.

That's a beautiful colored stock. Custom? I agree the 97K is easy to shoot accurately. Mine is very smooth and quite nice to shoot.

Thanks it's a green laminate Hw77 stock. It came on the 97 from Weihrauch that way. I believe it was a dealer exclusive model. They called it the Hw97kSE. I ordered it from Mundilar in Portugal a few years ago. I alway liked the green laminate stock on the 77 but liked the looks of the 97 action better. When I seen it packaged together I had to buy it. 

That's a beautiful colored stock. Custom? I agree the 97K is easy to shoot accurately. Mine is very smooth and quite nice to shoot.

Thanks it's a green laminate Hw77 stock. It came on the 97 from Weihrauch that way. I believe it was a dealer exclusive model. They called it the Hw97kSE. I ordered it from Mundilar in Portugal a few years ago. I alway liked the green laminate stock on the 77 but liked the looks of the 97 action better. When I seen it packaged together I had to buy it. 

Congratulations on your new 97! I also recently purchased a 97. My first serious pellet rifle was a Benjamin Mauauder .25 Gen1. I purchased it in .25 because the .25 came with the more accurate Green Mountain barrel. It shoots very accuratly. Fillling air and .25 pellets became expensive and complicated.

I mostly shoot benchrest and was relieved when the 97 shot as well as the Marauder PCP. It may be even more accurate but I don't want to say that yet.

It's so nice to shoot .177 with all the great availability of pellets and low cost. The cost can add up quickly if you shoot regularly like 5 days a week, even if only 50 shots a day. That's 2 tins a month.. Adds up quick especially when shooting JSB exact kings.

My 97 loves Crosman hollow points especially from wal-mart.

Enjoy your 97. Your not missing anything over the Marauder .25 unless you want to hunt.

Reactions: terrysmith53
I like all the different versions of the HW97K. Love the thumbhole stock but it was much more costly, as was the blue laminate model. The checkering on my gun must be an older design. Anyway I think it may be an older design. The pictures of the 97s on Pyramid and AirGun Depot look like Seangabrell's 97 checkering. AOA pictures look like my gun.
When I got my kt, I was wanting a regular k model but after I placed the order with AOA I got a call saying they were out of that model,had an inventory mistake but had a kt there. They made me a offer, discounting the price to somewhere between the prices of the two different models. Covid was going strong and they did not know when they would be getting more so I accepted and have the thumbhole stock. I still prefer the looks of the more traditional stock, but am happy and it's a shooter, so no complaints.

Reactions: terrysmith53