New weihrauch hw95 won't sight in... need help.

People are missing the point here. The cocking arm needs to have a slight bend in it on the R9/HW95. If it does not it will interfere with the breech block preventing full lock up, causing extreme droop. Bending the barrel is not the solution for this problem. This issue is easy to identify visually. IF this issue exists the fix is to disassemble the rifle to remove the cocking arm and put the proper bend in it. I am not saying this is common but there have been a few recently that had a straight cocking arm causing this issue. Once fixed the droop will be gone. Your rifle, do as you please.

I'm sorry but I'm really new to all of this. I don't know what to look for as far as the cocking arm making contact with the breech block. Do any of these pictures help? Thank you for your help. 
IMG_1030 2.1642776469.JPG
IMG_1031.1642776481.JPG
IMG_1032.1642776492.JPG

Reactions: crowski
I just called AoA and talked to a sales manager. He told me that I'm shooting too close and the pellet is still traveling upwards. I need to not shoot so close. LOL

There might be some truth to that if you were shooting at 15 feet instead of 15 yards. But it wouldn't account for 5" with your scope height.

Is there a chance that the one piece mount has some MOA tilt to it? I believe most of the ones that do are set up to have the offset/cantilever facing backwards.

I believe you said you reversed the adapter. Might as well trying to reverse the mount although I'm guessing it won't solve your problem.

Someone else said to try the adjustable rings to get the scope lower. I believe the Burris XTR Signature have lower options than the Sportsmatch. Not sure what their dovetail options are.

Are you happy with the height as is? If you bring the rifle to you cheek with your eyes closed and then open your shooting eye are you lined up?

I just called AoA and talked to a sales manager. He told me that I'm shooting too close and the pellet is still traveling upwards. I need to not shoot so close. LOL

There might be some truth to that if you were shooting at 15 feet instead of 15 yards. But it wouldn't account for 5" with your scope height.

Is there a chance that the one piece mount has some MOA tilt to it? I believe most of the ones that do are set up to have the offset/cantilever facing backwards.

I believe you said you reversed the adapter. Might as well trying to reverse the mount although I'm guessing it won't solve your problem.

Someone else said to try the adjustable rings to get the scope lower. I believe the Burris XTR Signature have lower options than the Sportsmatch. Not sure what their dovetail options are.

Are you happy with the height as is? If you bring the rifle to you cheek with your eyes closed and then open your shooting eye are you lined up?

Thats a good idea, I will try reversing the scope rings. I do like the height of the scope as is. I also just went out and shot at 25 yards to prove my point. Im a foot and a half low at 25 yards. I understand that my adaptor rail is not helping me at all. But I don't understand how lowering the scope 1 inch will fix the extreme problem I have. 

After reading this thread, I looked at mine as well, for comparison. I can see where that arm WOULD definitely cause interference problems without the little bend for clearance. I never experienced that with my HW95, but valid point nonetheless. I guess mine was right the first time. Fortunately, no changes were necessary. Accuracy with these is simply incredible !!

Thats a good idea, I will try reversing the scope rings. I do like the height of the scope as is. I also just went out and shot at 25 yards to prove my point. Im a foot and a half low at 25 yards. I understand that my adaptor rail is not helping me at all. But I don't understand how lowering the scope 1 inch will fix the extreme problem I have.

I just did a quick search and I didn't find a UTG one piece mount with MOA built into it but that doesn't mean one doesn't exist.

I did find UTG rails with MOA built in but I don't think it was a dovetail adapter.

However, go ahead and flip the dovetail adapter back to where you had it when you were getting better results. Post back your results with both flipped.

Well everyone, I believe the issue has been resolved. It was not an issue with the gun. LIke Kernbigo said, I put a straight edge on the compression chamber. very little barrel droop. I believe the issue to be the UTG accu sync scope mount. I flipped that around like Scouty suggested and boom, Im now hitting 1-2 inches high at 20 yards! 5 shots later and I am dialed in. The first 3 shots are with dialing the scope, the final 3 shots are where I ended up. The scope mount is not an angled scope mount that I know of. And looking at pictures on the UTG website, I now have it installed backwards. That does not bother me however, as long as i can zero my scope. I can always buy a different scope mount in the future. Thank you all so much for your help. I am new to air guns and I really had no idea what was wrong. You guys are the best!! 

IMG_1033.1642785719.JPG

Well everyone, I believe the issue has been resolved. It was not an issue with the gun. LIke Kernbigo said, I put a straight edge on the compression chamber. very little barrel droop. I believe the issue to be the UTG accu sync scope mount. I flipped that around like Scouty suggested and boom, Im now hitting 1-2 inches high at 20 yards! 5 shots later and I am dialed in. The first 3 shots are with dialing the scope, the final 3 shots are where I ended up. The scope mount is not an angled scope mount that I know of. And looking at pictures on the UTG website, I now have it installed backwards. That does not bother me however, as long as i can zero my scope. I can always buy a different scope mount in the future. Thank you all so much for your help. I am new to air guns and I really had no idea what was wrong. You guys are the best!! 

Well I'm surprised but glad it worked out. I was going to post my suggestion yesterday but I truly thought it was an issue with the rifle. Hope this didn't cause you to lose any sleep last night.

Well I'm surprised but glad it worked out. I was going to post my suggestion yesterday but I truly thought it was in issue with the rifle. Hope this didn't cause you to lose any sleep last night.

I did lose some sleep if im being honest. But at least I will sleep great tonight. My only guess is that this is a cheap scope mount and just wasn't built "straight". But who knows. Like i said, I am by no means an expert. It could have been operator error. But its shooting great now. Thank you so much for your help. 

I just purchased a weihrauch hw95 and a hawke airmax 3-9 x 40 scope. I also added a utg dovetail to picatinny conversion rail and a medium utg 1 piece scope mount. I just tried sighting my gun in at 15 yards. I had to max the MOA adjustment on the scope and it still is shooting 5 inches low. Is there another mount i can buy to compensate for this? as of now there is no way to sight this gun in with my current set up. thank you.
Any reason you didn't stay with the 11 mm dovetail w 1 piece mount? To me the fewer pieces the better.