New weihrauch hw95 won't sight in... need help.

I just purchased a weihrauch hw95 and a hawke airmax 3-9 x 40 scope. I also added a utg dovetail to picatinny conversion rail and a medium utg 1 piece scope mount. I just tried sighting my gun in at 15 yards. I had to max the MOA adjustment on the scope and it still is shooting 5 inches low. Is there another mount i can buy to compensate for this? as of now there is no way to sight this gun in with my current set up. thank you. 

Probably a bad lockup issue, or a misaligned barrel. Send it back and get a replacement, or fix the alignment issue. 

Don't buy a new mount to fix a problem that's not supposed to be there in the first place. 

The extra height of the picattinny adapter isn't helping, but should still work. 5 inches is a lot to make up for. I think you have bigger issues. 

Post some pics looking down the side of the gun, and some of the breech and receiver interface. Maybe we can see if something is wrong. 

You might have the same issue this member did:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/convert-177-to-22-hw95/?referrer=1

You could try an RWS Droop mount 1 piece scope mount but at 5 inches low, it's probably not going to help.

I would bet Steve is correct. Seems to be a problem with some of the newer rifles. Check to see if the cocking arm is contacting the breech block when it is locked up. If so the cockng arm needs a slight bend put in it. There is a great write up about this on another forum. Good luck but my opinion you need to address the problem not compensate for it especially on a brand new gun.

Update: I tried reversing the dovetail to picatinny adaptor. It made my POI worse. The gun is shooting a solid 12 inches low at 20 feet. So much for spending more to make sure quality control was there. I bet I wouldn't have this problem with a gamo from walmart. This one is going back to AoA

Be sure to send Weihrauch an email to let them know the the issues that you were having so they can hopefully take steps to rectify it on future guns. 

Update: I tried reversing the dovetail to picatinny adaptor. It made my POI worse. The gun is shooting a solid 12 inches low at 20 feet. So much for spending more to make sure quality control was there. I bet I wouldn't have this problem with a gamo from walmart. This one is going back to AoA

Be sure to send Weihrauch an email to let them know the the issues that you were having so they can hopefully take steps to rectify it on future guns.

I emailed them myself asking about it and their reply said while they were unaware there was one, they'd look into it but it would help them to see the pictures that were taken of the ones found that way. It was suggested to the GTA member who found the issue to send those pics and explain what he saw but since it was never mentioned, I don't know if he ever did or not, just suggested people call him to walk them through bending that arm or send him their rifle and he'd do it for them. 

I emailed them myself asking about it and their reply said while they were unaware there was one, they'd look into it but it would help them to see the pictures that were taken of the ones found that way. It was suggested to the GTA member who found the issue to send those pics and explain what he saw but since it was never mentioned, I don't know if he ever did or not, just suggested people call him to walk them through bending that arm or send him their rifle and he'd do it for them.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will email them. If they have a simple fix, I will hold off on sending the gun back. Though, I'm not really interested in bending the barrel of a 500 dollar brand new gun, no matter how easy it is to do. 

Big Grin reading all the comments. Gosh!!! 

I have three HW95 rifles, two are older ones and one is about six months old. All of them have some percentage of barrel droop. There is nothing wrong with the rifles, it is what it is and they will all shoot one hole at 40 yards with their respective favorite pellet.

Get rid of the UTG products, this may or may not be half of the problem. Also you should try to keep the scope as low as possible if you want to shoot longer distances as this helps flatten out the pellet ballistic curve.

AOA will simply tell you this is a common issue.

Solution purchase yourself a set of adjustable Sportsmatch Rings, yep they cost around 80 bucks now, however they allow you to optically center the scope and then using the rear adjustment sight the rifle in for elevation using only the rings. Now you are all set. Worry not about all the Urban Legend Tales that the adjustment screws will vibrate loose and create a constant tighten and adjustment issue.......that is simply Urban legend repeated over and over and has no basis in fact. All break barrels have some degree of barrel droop be they a Gamo or high end German rifle. Sportsmatch adjustable rings mounted on the dovetail as low as possible with the rear retaining ring stop pin securely in place will fix all your problems. I have a Gamo .22 Swarm Magnum that actually had the opposite of barrel droop, it shot two feet high at 25 yards, so I used a set of sportsmatch rings for it and used the front adjustment for that one. I just finished the sixth tin of 500 pellets in it several days ago and those rings have held secure, as has the Vortex scope.

Adjustable rings, mount low to the bore as you can, and barrel droop is to be expected and is simply a part of owning any break barrel.

The HW95 is a fantastic air rifle, it is frustrating to a new shooter to experience this kind of situation.....I get that. Grin! However you can expect one inch groups at 25 yards with no experience at all, as you learn the rifle and develop your skill with it, one hole is repeatable at 40 yards. Hint.....both the GTO 11.75 Predator and the FX 16 grain (same as JSB 15.89 cept it taint the fx seem to shoot better) work in all my rifles well.

Take a deep breath and start over......The 95 is a fantastic rifle. 

Cheers

Kit

People are missing the point here. The cocking arm needs to have a slight bend in it on the R9/HW95. If it does not it will interfere with the breech block preventing full lock up, causing extreme droop. Bending the barrel is not the solution for this problem. This issue is easy to identify visually. IF this issue exists the fix is to disassemble the rifle to remove the cocking arm and put the proper bend in it. I am not saying this is common but there have been a few recently that had a straight cocking arm causing this issue. Once fixed the droop will be gone. Your rifle, do as you please.