New Weihrauch HW100S

Just in on Friday, my new HW100S. Marked 50 Joules on the receiver and it delivers with an average of 968 fps with the JSB heavy 18.1 grain pellets for 37.7 ft lbs or 51.1 Joules. Accuracy with these JSBs is excellent too; I searched out all of the reviews and videos that I could find and the JSB Heavies usually performed well in the HW PCP's so that's what I bought and it was a good decision. I mounted the scope, a Hawke Vantage 4-16x44SF in UTG rings and got a rough zero with the wind blowing too much for an exact adjustment. Then chrony time, with a 28 shot average as mentioned above of 968 fps. The rifle has 14 shot rotary magazines; filled to 200 Bar, 28 shots put the reservoir gauge needle right to the 120 Bar yellow zone, which is the regulator point. In two fills shot number 29 dropped to 945 fps, so the guns fill pressure, regulator setup and number of shots are an exact match to two 14 shot magazines. The first couple of shots I was surprised how quiet the rifle is and actually wondered if it had fired. If holes hadn't appeared in the paper I would have been questioning that. I have an Evanix AR6 Renegade rifle that shoots 42 foot pounds, only 6 more than this rifle and it does so with a fairly loud blaataang.

I attached the supplied sidelever handle or "biathlon handle" to the action lever, I like that. I chose to use the receiver dovetails instead of the supplied Weaver/Picatinney rail. I prefer the infinite fore and aft adjusment range. The stock walnut isn't a figured piece, it's straight grained and a pleasing medium brown color with some darker grain contrasts. The comb height is perfect for scope use. Styling is a bit Germanic but it is a German rifle!

I'm not accustomed to using a side focus scope so that will take a while to get used to. This is my first use of a Mil dot reticle too. I zeroed the rifle at 42 yards and with the scope at 16x the first dot hit centet at 50 yards. Groups were excellent and I made final zero adjustments right before dark when the wind died down. At 22-1/2 yards, five shots was one pellet hole in diameter, at 42 yards a half inch and last group of the day in quickly fading light was right at 7/16" ctc at fifty yards for five JSBs. After I get used to shooting this HW squirrels will perish!
download (5).jpeg
20221001_214338.jpg

Congrats on a very nice rifle. If you ever feel the need, you can tune it down a bit, still have plenty of power, and benefit from an increased shot count, and perhaps even better accuracy. Regulator adjustment is easy, and it's well documented in several videos. But, if it suits your needs as-is, there's never anything wrong with not touching it!

Just in on Friday, my new HW100S. Marked 50 Joules on the receiver and it delivers with an average of 968 fps with the JSB heavy 18.1 grain pellets for 37.7 ft lbs or 51.1 Joules. Accuracy with these JSBs is excellent too; I searched out all of the reviews and videos that I could find and the JSB Heavies usually performed well in the HW PCP's so that's what I bought and it was a good decision. I mounted the scope, a Hawke Vantage 4-16x44SF in UTG rings and got a rough zero with the wind blowing too much for an exact adjustment. Then chrony time, with a 28 shot average as mentioned above of 968 fps. The rifle has 14 shot rotary magazines; filled to 200 Bar, 28 shots put the reservoir gauge needle right to the 120 Bar yellow zone, which is the regulator point. In two fills shot number 29 dropped to 945 fps, so the guns fill pressure, regulator setup and number of shots are an exact match to two 14 shot magazines. The first couple of shots I was surprised how quiet the rifle is and actually wondered if it had fired. If holes hadn't appeared in the paper I would have been questioning that. I have an Evanix AR6 Renegade rifle that shoots 42 foot pounds, only 6 more than this rifle and it does so with a fairly loud blaataang.

I attached the supplied sidelever handle or "biathlon handle" to the action lever, I like that. I chose to use the receiver dovetails instead of the supplied Weaver/Picatinney rail. I prefer the infinite fore and aft adjusment range. The stock walnut isn't a figured piece, it's straight grained and a pleasing medium brown color with some darker grain contrasts. The comb height is perfect for scope use. Styling is a bit Germanic but it is a German rifle!

I'm not accustomed to using a side focus scope so that will take a while to get used to. This is my first use of a Mil dot reticle too. I zeroed the rifle at 42 yards and with the scope at 16x the first dot hit centet at 50 yards. Groups were excellent and I made final zero adjustments right before dark when the wind died down. At 22-1/2 yards, five shots was one pellet hole in diameter, at 42 yards a half inch and last group of the day in quickly fading light was right at 7/16" ctc at fifty yards for five JSBs. After I get used to shooting this HW squirrels will perish! View attachment 294157View attachment 294158
Where can I purchase one to play with? I see the 50 joule model listed as a new model on the HW website. I do not see it for sale anywhere in the world.

Very interested in this one.

Kit

I got mine from Airguns of Arizona. They have the best prices on the Weihrauch PCP's that I have seen anywhere. I have no idea if they ship outside of the USA to anyone not from here.

To be certain of what you were buying it would be best to find out for sure when ordering, there are most likely a lot of the 41 Joule rated rifles still in store stock at some places. I was a bit surprised that the 50 Joule spec came to me; the 41 would have been okay but I'm like most people, mo' power = mo'betta. 🤪 Not a huge power gain but the flatter trajectory will be nice when hunting.

I got mine from Airguns of Arizona. They have the best prices on the Weihrauch PCP's that I have seen anywhere. I have no idea if they ship outside of the USA to anyone not from here.

To be certain of what you were buying it would be best to find out for sure when ordering, there are most likely a lot of the 41 Joule rated rifles still in store stock at some places. I was a bit surprised that the 50 Joule spec came to me; the 41 would have been okay but I'm like most people, mo' power = mo'betta. 🤪 Not a huge power gain but the flatter trajectory will be nice when hunting.
Thanks for the reply. I live in South Carolina of the US of A. I had checked A of A but all they have listed is the ordinary regular models.
I will call them and talk to someone. Would not be the first time they have something they do not put on their web site.

Thanks
Kit