New Warrior compressor question

Hi! All I'm a new member and I just bought a Benjamin Gunner and I,m now waiting for a scope I ordered. But my question is about the air compressor a friend gave me that is a new /unused New Warrior compressor from about 2020 (i think). anyway I think there's something missing on the air outlet because its a 14 MM fine thread plug with a small hole in it and I can't figure out how to get anything to fit the 14MM or the small hole that I can connect to my hose that goes to my filter and then to the gun. The comp. is blue ( I think the newer model is red). As I face the front of the comp. the air outlet I'm speaking of is on the right. Any help here would be greatly appreciated Thanks Dan

IMG_2273.jpeg

IMG_2275.jpeg

IMG_2274.jpeg

IMG_2276.jpeg

Last edited:
It SHOULD be a 1/8" bsp for a regular fill whip ("hose") if it's like most Yong Heng compressors or their knock-offs. I BELIEVE that brass fitting is for a bleed screw but then where's the high pressure outlet for your fill line for tanks or guns? A Yong Heng, unlike yours, has 2 outlets there (fill whip & bleed valve)
20230905_110607.jpg

Last edited:
BTW, if you need a bleed screw (for the brass fitting) I have a couple extras. Send me a Private Message if needed. I advise finding the owners manual online & not just ASSUME what the outlet is. Remember you're dealing with HIGH PRESSURE air!!!
It looks like a mirror image of a YH? You can see the edge of the gauge on the opposite side.

Reactions: Gerry52
BTW, if you need a bleed screw (for the brass fitting) I have a couple extras. Send me a Private Message if needed. I advise finding the owners manual online & not just ASSUME what the outlet is. Remember you're dealing with HIGH PRESSURE air!!!
Thanks, Gerry for the response,, I've looked all over the internet for an owner's manual but was unable to find anything. I will continue to look because as you said, I, 'm dealing with high pressure so I want to get it right.

Dan,
Agree with Gerry, everything about the pictured fitting and threaded hole says, "Pressure-Release Screw." Pictures of cylinder top and other side of compressor might reveal high pressure air outlet to some of our sharp-eyed members. WM
Here’s pictures of the other side before and after I connected my air line,, do you guys now think it may be correct?

IMG_2277.jpeg

IMG_2279.jpeg

IMG_2278.jpeg

IMG_2280.jpeg

I believe the RIGHT side is a cyclonic moisture separator. You need the same type of screw (bleed screw) in the brass fitting on the right, NOT just an Allen screw that fits. It appears you have the left side set up correctly. But you need 2 correct screws like the one on the right side of MY Yong Heng. Please do this correctly & safely! 20230905_152816.jpg

Reactions: dansaari
I believe the RIGHT side is a cyclonic moisture separator. You need the same type of screw (bleed screw) in the brass fitting on the right, NOT just an Allen screw that fits. It appears you have the left side set up correctly. But you need 2 correct screws like the one on the right side of MY Yong Heng. Please do this correctly & safely! View attachment 386449
The system won't let me PM you because I haven't been a member long enough. So what your saying is I need 2 bleed screws for both side brass fitting ? The allen head screw I used is metric and fits well. How can I contact you ? here's my email address [email protected] Thanks

Reactions: Bobr
Dan,
Going with Gerry again, you've got the proper set-up, just need correct pressure-release screws. The screws, pictured in Gerry's post, have a rounded point that snugs into the center of a Delrin (plastic) seal located at the base of the threaded hole. (Delrin seal looks like a small, white donut.) The Yong Heng pressure release design starts with Delrin (plastic) washer at base of threaded hole, then brass insert, then black-knobbed screw. System allows easy manipulation to vent moisture and pressure then reseal rounded tip gently back into center of Delrin washer. Not sure how New Warrior system works but probably best to find out correct way and follow, high pressure air needs to be respected. WM

Reactions: Gerry52
Last edited: