New WAR Flex .30

Hey all! been into air rifles for years..but in the past 2-3 years move from break barrels/pumpers to PCP's. I started with a .22 M-rod..then a few .25 hatsan's ..but recently ordered and received a .30 Flex made by Wicked Air Rifles . WOW. I guess i could say its like driving a Lambo after trading in a yugo lol. hits hard and drives nails 50 -75 yards. Super quiet too...im really impressed. I Have not had it out to 100 yards yet..thats this weekend. Anyone else shoot one of these? Here is mine.. I added gunskinz skull camo to it, what ya think?

"AirgunBill"i like the gunskinz skull camo as it adds a neat affect/style and does the job of camo too. Where did you have it done and how much did it cost. if you don't mind me asking. Bill
Hey Bill, I actually did it myself. Its a vinyl type wrap you cut to size and put on yourself. You can use a hair dryer to help mold it around bends and then use an exacto/razor knife to trim. I just looked , on ebay its called GunSkins i got the 30" x 50" roll and that pretty much was exactly enough to do my whole gun. it was $30 for the roll. they have 30-35 different patterns to choose from , all different styles, patterns and different Camo colors. It was my 1st time doing it, so i ended up with a few creases and a few little bubbles here and there but its hardly noticeable..the hair dryer really made it easier to work with. The next gun i do i think will be better because now i have an idea how to work with it.

It is correct you can order your Flex to be in any caliber from .177 to .308. .30 is just the default caliber. You can also have it regulated. The Flex platform is modular-like, meaning whatever caliber you get you can convert it to another by simply changing the barrel and the probe without disassembling the gun. The regulators are also drop-in. 

I can foresee myself getting a .25 conversion kit in the future. I'm very pleased with my Flex. 

I like that camo job. Does it seem to clean up easy if you decide to remove it?

If you look at my Flex review in this forum, you can see that out of the box the shot string is more powerful than the Impact's default string. That was one of the selling factors to me. Also, unofficially the Flex is capable of 200fpe without mods (I presume in .308). Its not advertised for that but it is capable of it according to numbers I've seen people put up. So far I've taken it as high as 85fpe and still maintained a shot count of 19.

I'd hate to see where you go hunting if a bunch of skulls is used for camouflage. You hunting in graveyard? No... It must be that island where King Kong lives.

The flex looks cool. I like AR compatible stuff. It's hard to complain if you can choose your own grip and stock. If they made it in bullpup form then I'd be interested. Just not sure I can go back to full length after getting used to center-balanced guns. 

How is the balance and weight for shooting off-hand and who makes the barrels for them? It's nice to see some original looking products becoming available. There are plenty of walnut stocked blah blah blah available but not nearly enough choice for fans of the tactical assuage weapons style. More please!

"Bullfrog"I'm out in the field with my Flex now hog hunting. When I get in I'll weigh mine with tbe scope. In terms of shooting offhand, it has a handle on the bottom for either carrying the gun around upside down or gripping with you hand underneath while shooting. 

The barrel is a TJ barrel. 17 inches.
The handle is a smart use of the space where the mag would be on an AR. I like that they give you a proper fore-grip instead of making you hold the air bottle. The more I look at it, the more I like how it looks. 

I have never used a TJ barel but I have heard that they are excellent. They are a bit of a mystery as they don't seem to have a website those TJ people. 

I am interested in the actual weight but I am more interested to hear from you how it feels when you shoot off-hand. Does it feel balanced and easy to use or would you not recommend it without a bipod and rest? I am getting an itchy wallet. Please tell me something bad about it so my family can eat :)

"zebra"I'd hate to see where you go hunting if a bunch of skulls is used for camouflage. You hunting in graveyard? No... It must be that island where King Kong lives.

The flex looks cool. I like AR compatible stuff. It's hard to complain if you can choose your own grip and stock. If they made it in bullpup form then I'd be interested. Just not sure I can go back to full length after getting used to center-balanced guns. 

How is the balance and weight for shooting off-hand and who makes the barrels for them? It's nice to see some original looking products becoming available. There are plenty of walnut stocked blah blah blah available but not nearly enough choice for fans of the tactical assuage weapons style. More please!
LOL!! most of the time we're in blaze orange, so the skull camo makes the gun pretty much invisible, comparatively.

The balance is pretty good..a little front heavy with the bottle and a bi-pod, but when i go hunting i pull the bipod and fill the tank with helium and tie a string to it, then it floats along above me till i need it :-D 

"zebra"
"Bullfrog"I'm out in the field with my Flex now hog hunting. When I get in I'll weigh mine with tbe scope. In terms of shooting offhand, it has a handle on the bottom for either carrying the gun around upside down or gripping with you hand underneath while shooting. 

The barrel is a TJ barrel. 17 inches.
The handle is a smart use of the space where the mag would be on an AR. I like that they give you a proper fore-grip instead of making you hold the air bottle. The more I look at it, the more I like how it looks. 

I have never used a TJ barel but I have heard that they are excellent. They are a bit of a mystery as they don't seem to have a website those TJ people. 

I am interested in the actual weight but I am more interested to hear from you how it feels when you shoot off-hand. Does it feel balanced and easy to use or would you not recommend it without a bipod and rest? I am getting an itchy wallet. Please tell me something bad about it so my family can eat :)
Had a chance to shoot my Flex some more today.. this is one amazing shooter.. hole in hole type stuff. After seeing how consistent it was shooting, We taped a row of pencils to the targets at 70 yards and were shooting the erasers off them.. Tomorrow we are doing it again so that we can get some video to post. will move them out to 100 yards and give it a go.. Also had a chance to shoot the .30 polymag's in it today as well. they fly 10 X's better then i thought they would..that will be my new go-to ammo for future hunts. Stock up on Top Ramen and get you one of these things! I dont have a huge PCP collection, but i can say it makes my M-rod look silly and my .25 Hatsan feel like a kids toy.