• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New WAR Flex .30

"zebra"
"Bullfrog"I'm out in the field with my Flex now hog hunting. When I get in I'll weigh mine with tbe scope. In terms of shooting offhand, it has a handle on the bottom for either carrying the gun around upside down or gripping with you hand underneath while shooting. 

The barrel is a TJ barrel. 17 inches.
The handle is a smart use of the space where the mag would be on an AR. I like that they give you a proper fore-grip instead of making you hold the air bottle. The more I look at it, the more I like how it looks. 

I have never used a TJ barel but I have heard that they are excellent. They are a bit of a mystery as they don't seem to have a website those TJ people. 

I am interested in the actual weight but I am more interested to hear from you how it feels when you shoot off-hand. Does it feel balanced and easy to use or would you not recommend it without a bipod and rest? I am getting an itchy wallet. Please tell me something bad about it so my family can eat :)
Unscoped weight is 7.9-8.0lbs. Scoped and loaded weight is 10.2lbs. Concerning the feel, it feels hefty compared to a very light gun like a Benjamin Discovery, but better balanced and more shoulderable than a Marauder. The buttstock is light (the default stock, you could make the stock as light or heavy as you want depending on which stock you use), and the bottle, shroud, and LDC are all light. That puts most the weight on the gun's body between the bottle and the pistol grip. If you are holding the gun in a right-hand offhand shooting position, most of the weight is in the middle on and between your hands, especially on your left hand where you are gripping the handle underneath. I can hold it more steady off hand than any other airgun I own because of the handle and the trigger. I can grip tight with the handle, push hard into my shoulder, hold my breath, and squeeze a shot off the light trigger. I wouldn't want to head-shoot pigeons that way but I'd be completely fine shooting a coyote broadside off hand out to 50 yards that way. I'm not a great off hand shooter with any gun. 

I am with ncstan
What is the wait time list,???????? I know that's a hard question!!!!!!
Just looking around the wait list for the impact is 5 to 6 months,
And from what I read the Flex is a couple of steps ahead of the impact. ( That means good)
Its got my interest 100% I am looking and reading , Just let everyone work the bugs out before I buy..
Mike

"iride"I am with ncstan
And from what I read the Flex is a couple of steps ahead of the war. ( That means good)
Its got my interest 100% I am looking and reading , Just let everyone work the bugs out before I buy..
Mike
Do you mean a couple steps ahead of the RAW? Reason I ask is the Flex is made by WAR (Wicked Air Rifles), not to be confused with RAW, which is a different maker. 

My wait time was a month for mine. I think others have had less. Mine took longer because I was initially waiting for one with a ceramic finish, then last minute changed over to the black anodized finish. 

"iride"I am with ncstan
And from what I read the Flex is a couple of steps ahead of the war. ( That means good)
Mike
i received my Flex .30 about 3 weeks after ordering it .

Thanks Bullfrog. If it is fairly center balanced that would make a huge difference.

It is worth noting that having the option to add a heavier shoulder stock would probably help balance it for off-hand shooting. If you can stop it feeling front-heavy then it will feel lighter, even if it weighs more. 

For someone like me who only shoots off-hand, I would probably use a lighter scope too and shave another lb off it. 

If you don't mind, can you weigh just the bottle. I am curious to know how much those bottles weigh on their own as the aluminum tubes make up a large portion of the weight on many air rifles. 

What we need is some industrious lathe owner to start making adapters to allow the user to reposition the air reservoir on all air rifles. I would like the option to move the bottle further back or even carry it on my back (connected with a hose) to take the weight off the shot. 

"Blizzard"Blizzard
time for your tin foil hat bud lol. I like AOA.. not sure what you mean by knocking them down.. the guy they have for compressor assistance is a stud..he gave me his personal cell if i ever have issues..that some great customer support there. As for the Flex.. yeah so far its a great air rifle, i have no problems sharing that.. If it was a POS i'd be here saying that too. .but that still might happen too seeing how ive only had it for 3-4 weeks.. time will tell. As for precision air..i dont know them, never done business with them. ..but because of your plug, ill check them out ;-)

"Bullfrog"Printed weight on the bottle is .99lb or .45kg. I also need to amend the bottle size. I thought it was an even 480cc. It is 475cc according to the stats on the bottle. The make of the bottle is Talon Tunes.
That's even lighter than I would have thought. Carbon fiber is just awesome stuff. Whenever I make cf parts they always weigh a minimum of 50% less than aluminum and usually 2/3 less. 

Still, that must mean that the rest of the Flex is heavy. I guess that is the downside to the metal handle. That would have been another obvious place to use CF.

The bipod did not come with the gun. However the adjustable picatinny on the bottom is built on the gun. 

My moderator is the standard moderator that ships with the gun. It is shorter and fatter than the moderator on the website. Following the threads on the gun's developement, it appears that the moderator has been tested in different forms before the design I have was settled on.