• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New, wanting to post on classifieds.

Its such a common question it should be part of the registration process at this point. Before it lets you create the account you should have to read the rules and then it asks you one multiple choice question to continue:

"When can a new member use the classifieds?"

A) ......
B) ......
C) ......
D) ......

Welcome by the way OP. It really isn't hard to get your account eligible. Have a few conversations and add some of your thoughts to some new posts and you'll be there in no time flat.

Its such a common question it should be part of the registration process at this point. Before it lets you create the account you should have to read the rules and then it asks you one multiple choice question to continue:

A) ......
B) ......
C) ......
D) ......

Welcome by the way OP. It really isn't hard to get your account eligible. Have a few conversations and add some of your thoughts to some new posts and you'll be there in no time flat.
Thanks, getting it figured out. It was a little difficult to find at first, but found it after a bit of hunting. It would be nice if it was part of the registration process.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
^ This- if you only want to sell it to get out of the hobby this is your best bet.
If more new members sold there, We wouldn't have to answer this question several times each week. I think many join because of the classified ads. With no interest in being a contributing member. At least that has been my own personal observation.

OP, welcome to the community. Stick around if you are going to continue your air gun hobby. Great bunch of people and a lot of knowledge being shared.
I don’t want new members posting to classifieds or buying from them until they have proven to be an active participant in the community or at least to have been here long enough for some activity history for anyone to evaluate.
I have not done a lot of business here on the classifieds but the few transactions I have done I have made sure they went smooth and I held up my end of things. Feedback is like gold at online forums. It is how we judge the character of a potential seller or buyer.
with no feedback the only thing we an do is review someone’s posts and get a feel for their characte.

A) ......
B) ......
C) ......
D) ......

Not a bad idea. By forcing questions like that it would keep them from glossing over things like rules eulas etc that most do.

I mean they have a huge banner at the top of the classifieds right next to the create the post yet they keep missing it because they are so focused on what they want to do.

Reactions: oledawg
Sell it on American airgun classified
Airguns.net is the place for you. If all you plan to do is sell, this is not the place for you. Don't waste you time waiting 10 days and posting 10 inane post to meet the requirement. Just go there and list your item. Just make sure you know that they have little filtering of spammers who will want to steal your item. We have less of a problem here do to the fine job the moderators do insuring that the rules for "newbies" are enforced.

Welcome to AGN. What airgun(s) do you own? What type of shooting do you do?
Thanks, I currently own an FX Maverick .22 and a Ruger break barrel (hardly ever shoot). I've owned a Umarex Origin, Umarex Gauntlet 2, and an Air Venturi Avenger. I spent the most time with the avenger and it was may favorite as far as cost/performance. I put about 12,000 pellets through it. I've put about 1000 through the maverick.

I mostly target shoot and pest around the house. Although I think I'm taking the maverick hunting this weekend for grouse.

The maverick is a good gun, I just have a hard time for the cost/performance. The Avenger performed as well if not better (I did have a lot more time into it though) and it was about 1/5 the price. Considering going for an Avenge x if I can get my maverick sold for a decent price. Sounds crazy I know. I might consider keeping the maverick if I could find someone to trade my sniper barrel for a 500mm barrel setup.

Reactions: oledawg

A) ......
B) ......
C) ......
D) ......

What is the specific criteria?

What is the specific criteria?
Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 9.57.15 PM.png

Check the "Classified Rules"

Reactions: MoreVideoTed