New Walther Terrus comes in on Friday

banjo

Feb 29, 2016
Hello all. I thought I'd update where I was with my Browning Leverage. As a trial, I got the Leapers 3-9 x 40 scope and put it on the Browning with the thought that perhaps the scope that it came with failed. No great improvement. The best I could do, with a rest, was a group at 20 yards that you could cover with a silver dollar. I had thought of a Hatsan and almost pulled the trigger, but came across a recommendation from Pyramid Air tech to consider the Walther Terrus .22. After reading a bucket of reviews and a particularly positive review by Rick Eutsler. I ordered the Terrus synthetic stock ($229) with out the scope and it is to be delivered in two days. I'll mount the Leapers scope on it and I'm hoping for very good results. BTW, I ordered it on their St Patrick day 'special' which was 10% off the price an free shipping. I'll let you know how it goes. Does anyone here have the Terrus yet.

Terry

I really like the Terrus too, but haven't bought one. Let us know how it performs. If you still own your Browning Lenerage you can spend another $100 and it will perform like an HW97K! The Leverage is a Xisico XS46U. Mike Mellick's at Flying Dragon Air Rifles can rebuild it and it will blow you away. If you want to dump it, I may be interested at the right price. Let me know. Thanks 

An update. I just got my Walther Terrus. I was disappointed that I could not mount the Leaper's Hunter's Scope I have purchased for this air rifle. I called Pyramid Air and the tech advised me I'd need different mounts for this scope on this rifle. He was helpful. Bought the right mounts for about $19 and he didn't charge for shipping. So, I took it out to the back yard and set up a target about 10 yards away and used the open sights and used no rest. After two adjustments, I had the rifle shooting ten shots that I could cover with a half dollar. Not bad just out of the box. Some other thoughts. The trigger is sensitive. I don't know the 'pull' weight, but it is clearly much lighter than my Browning Leverage. I got the synthetic stock and the gun is much, much lighter than the Browning. It also has less power than the Browning. I bought the Walther at Pyramind and did the $10 for 10 check and they included a chrono tape of ten shots. FPS ranged from 685 to 697 for ten shots. With the Browning, I can shoot a pellet through a half inch plywood back stop. With the Walther, shooting at the plywood, it does not come through the other side, or even make it 'bulge' as if it were coming through. I should get the new scope mounts in a few days and hope to zero it in. It's certainly a pretty rifle and lovely bluing.

Terry

I am shooting half dollar size groups at 30 yards with a cheap center point 3x9 scope on my .22 version. I have only put 150 or so pellets through it. I need a 12x scope at that distance for my older eyes. It is shooting JSB and RWS pointed pellets the best. Nice and light and smooth as butter to cock. Mine is the wood stock. I think quarter size groups will be resonable at 30 yards with a better scope. Can't wait to see what you get scoped. Make sure to let us know. I didn't have much luck with the crosman hollow points but I know each gun is different.

I've been busy, sorry for the delay. I did get the adapter for the Leapers UTG 3x9 scope and put it on. It was very easy to do and the Pyramid tech said it was specifically for barrel droop on the break barrels. I haven't got it dialed in fully yet, but I'm at about nickel size hole for five shots. I am learning more about how this rifle works still. I've shot about 100 rounds so far. It is a very smooth rifle and it is also fairly quiet--compared to my Browning. It also has less recoil. This is an easy to shoot rifle. I'm glad I made this purchase. Easy to recommend it to anyone. I'm going out in the backyard in a bit and fire at a few more targets.

Terry