New Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50mm FFP Arrived!!!

Thanks to the information shared by one of our members, I got in on the Optics Planet sale of the Vortex Diamondback Tactical FFP rifle scope for $255.00 and free 2nd day air. The scope arrived today and I was like a kid on Christmas. WOO HOO!!! I have other high end Vortex optics (Razor Gen.1, Viper PST) on powder burners and love them, so I was hoping this scope would impress too. It's a lot less money than my others so I kept an open mind. When I opened the box I was very pleased with the look, feel, crisp tactile clicks and crystal clear optics. It also focuses down to under 10yds. There is a mark for 10yds but it focuses even closer than that. I mounted it on my Crown this evening and just had enough time to sight it in, check it's low light performance at different magnifications and also check it's tracking. I'll just say, I couldn't be happier. Very good optics and the tracking was perfect! I don't want to over sell it but I really am very pleased so far. I had an Athlon Argos BTR on this gun, which I think is a great scope for the money. I'm thinking after my initial impressions that I'm going to like this scope a lot better, that is, unless I find some major flaw. I don't think I will. It's well built! But for $255 or even $399 for that matter, I think this scope is going to be a huge hit! I just wanted to give my initial impressions, I'll let somebody like Cyclops do a thorough review. He's a stud at that kind of thing...I am not. Have a great evening. Stoti

1534400861_18812980895b75195dda81f7.79625522_20180815_202301_resized.jpg

1534400884_7751406015b7519748c6274.01483088_20180815_202311_resized.jpg

1534400902_19298117615b75198602f592.61547288_20180815_202330_resized.jpg

I'd say better than the Argos BTR and a little less clear than the PST. The Argos gets pretty blurry at higher magnifications too. The optics are great up until you get to around 22-24 power, then they get a little blurry around the edges, not bad though. The light gathering capabilities are great and the optics really are pretty clear until you get up into the high end. I didn't have a really long time to evaluate everything because I was trying to get it mounted, leveled, sighted in and do some tracking testing. It was evident that it lost clarity at higher magnification, not a deal breaker, especially at this price, but it was noticeable as it is with most scopes. I was really pleased with the turrets, the tracking the clarity and the overall fit and finish. It's a nice looking scope! The scope also was boxed up nicely and included a sunshade, a rubber bikini style scope cover which I've always liked, a reticle explanation booklet, instructions and lifetime warranty. I also liked the reticle, it's pretty fine when at 6-8 magnification but about perfect for me at 10-18 power which is usually the range of magnification that I use the most. I liked that it will focus down closer than 10 yards too. I'm happy with the scope, I really like it so far, especially for $255! Stoti

That is one hot doggin' rig you got there … the freakin' thing is beautiful … simply gorgeous! Where did you get that paint job on the Crown … UAG??? Blue has always been my favorite color and the shades that are applied are fantastic. Darn it, I'm gonna get a Edgun R5M, can't help it, just gotta have it, but they can't put that design and color on an Edgun's wooden stock ... or at least I don't think they can. That is a synthetic Crown isn't it??

You got good tastes in guns, that's all I can say, congrats!