Tuning New Video. Taming the Beast. Tuning the Feinwerkbau Sport

Here I detail the tuning process that I employed to my Feinwerkbau Sport air rifle. I had planned on making a top hat but my lathe operating skills were not up to the task. Hell, it took me three tries to make the spring guide.

Anyway, it's a long one but I think I did a decent job on it and I wanted to share it with my fellow springer fans.

https://youtu.be/0Eggpn-lyPk

Thanks for the excellent video Razor 62, you’ve got quite a talent in making them. I’ve got a couple of questions on your tune on the Sport though. Are the chrony numbers post tune with just with the 11/2 coils cut alone or with the new Macarri seal installed also? Second, it looks like your design of the spring guide is just a little different from those on the other thread, in that the “washer” part is at the very end instead of up a little on the guide, does it make a difference? You and a couple of other members have inspired me to do this to my Sport and I thought I’d better ask before I go making a bunch of Scrap delrin. While I’m at it I’d might as well ask another, did the tune make any difference on the target? Thanks again for the informational video!

Hi PMG,

Ill try to answer your questions in the order that you posed them.

Numbers are with the new piston seal installed

The wider portion of the guide that I turned sits just about as high as the original spring guide. There's a cir-clip which holds the washer of the original at the same height as the forward edge of the new guides' base. There is a circular recess at the forward end of the trigger group which accepts the wider portion of the spring guide so that it sits a little bit proud of the trigger group.

I haven't really tried to do much target work with the gun either before or after the tune. I didn't really enjoy shooting it the way it was. Now that I've got it shooting the way I want it to, I will do some serious target work when the weather around here permits. Right now my shooting bench is covered in 4 inches of snow. So far with the zero in of the scope, I was holding about 1/2" at 25 yards but I haven't even tested more than one brand of pellet.

I hope this was helpful and thank you so much for watching my video.