New Version of RAW HM1000x Rifles?

Maybe, it's a glitch, but Utah Air has RAW HM1000x photos on their website showing all RAW rifles - Minus the Ghastly cigar moderator.

Cheers, if they got rid of that monstrosity ............. Here's my before and after.

IMG_1062.1651621439.JPG
RAW - Red.1651626851.JPG

They should of kept the old style stock

The older RAW's made by Martin were made with better stocks and butt pads, however the newer ones are lighter. I recently received a Walnut stock - Thumb-hole version w/cheek riser and front wings around the bottle from Martin. Purchased it w/o a finish - still need to stipple/finish the stock.

Kirk, I believe they will be available with a UNF 1/2 20 adapter!

That makes sense ... these days everyone seems to be adding a Donny Fl to their PCP's.

AirForce made a mistake from a looks standpoint with the large, "cigar like" moderator. One thing Daystate/FX understand is, "The Gun needs to look like a $2,000+ .... in addition to having great accuracy.

03FF07BD-5B10-4166-8BFC-34B6CD0DD86A.1651666048.jpeg
I talked to Martin two weeks ago he told me to send him my barrel and he would install new CF sleeve and adapter for around $100, but my CF tube was loose so I removed the muffler and slid the CF tube off and installed my own longer CF sleeve and a Donny FL adapter the CF tube I bought was thicker than original ( original tube was about as thin as it could possibly be! Cosmetic only! ) I installed a 1.5mm thick but be careful of clearance between barrel and bottle.

i cant understand after buying a 2k gun why a fixed moderator that really dident work very well went into production . when just a simple threaded slip on tip is all i think any of us ever wanted . i fixed mine as have most other guys have done something about the "Slamming screen door Sound " the raw makes with the droop moderator made . my 25 cal 1000x after me fixing this problem now with a screw on silencer is as quiet as a mrod , almost ! any one buying one should really consider getting one with a slip on tip ! pick your own moderator !

what you guys dont think this looks good ? i have since removed the old cf shroud and replaced it with glossy cf with slip on tip 

20191209_202430 1.1651631277.jpg

I'd say the moderator looks fine, but you carbon fiber barrel sleeve looks unfinished. Like wearing plants that are way to short.

If you don't mind, leave it. A stick of 36" x 5/8" ID carbon fiber tube costs about $40. I made sleeves for my two Raw's for $20 each. 

i cant understand after buying a 2k gun why a fixed moderator that really dident work very well went into production . when just a simple threaded slip on tip is all i think any of us ever wanted . i fixed mine as have most other guys have done something about the "Slamming screen door Sound " the raw makes with the droop moderator made . my 25 cal 1000x after me fixing this problem now with a screw on silencer is as quiet as a mrod , almost ! any one buying one should really consider getting one with a slip on tip ! pick your own moderator !

Yeah in retrospect, AirForce would have been better off without their Monstrosity Moderator (MM), leaving up to the customer to buy whatever thread-on style they preferred.

i fixed it , it looks correct now , had i known how lousy those droop moderators worked i would have ordered the gun with the cf run to the end and then just trimmed off what i needed , i thought it looked cool but it still has to work good or its no good ! its alot of unnecessary work , i like the slip on threaded tip , it protectes the crown if your out marching around with out a silencer hunting 

Kirk, I believe they will be available with a UNF 1/2 20 adapter!

That makes sense ... these days everyone seems to be adding a Donny Fl to their PCP's.

AirForce made a mistake from a looks standpoint with the large, "cigar like" moderator. One thing Daystate/FX understand is, "The Gun needs to look like a $2,000+ .... in addition to having great accuracy.

So true! That big can looks oogly! LOL! Glad Martin went the adapter route.

Maybe, it's a glitch, but Utah Air has RAW HM1000x photos on their website showing all RAW rifles - Minus the Ghastly cigar moderator.

Cheers, if they got rid of that monstrosity ............. Here's my before and after.

View attachment 209485View attachment 209496
Utah Air did a video for the new RAW recently. The new moderator was one of the new features (and it sure does look better), but the new vertical cocking lever was an even better feature to me. Seems like he may have mentioned some other new smaller upgrades.

Reactions: rsfrid