Hatsan New Velox semi auto pcp pistol

Well i am restrained by outside forces ( a overwhelming nanny state ) so while i can enjoy FAC ( for now ) then i am locked to the .177 caliber.
So while i would like a air pistol with Glock powder burner powers i just can not have that, but really 16 FP also sound fine to me, though i also have to admit that if i was to have to pay full FAC rifle prices for such a little pistol i would have problems, and this is actually what is already keeping me from investing in a PCP pistol, and for sure one of the higher end pistols.

Semi is nice, but for me it is not a must have in a pistol or rifle.

well said.I was thinking its a mini invader which I have.I for the record own like 4 hatsan never a problem and i shoot avg 300 rounds a day most every day.The invader is great but have to be in the mood for 10lb trigger and funny sound.I am so sick of Huban talk thinking how many own shot or even seen one talk is cheap
I modified my trigger of the Invader with a larger triggerblade and different springs. Also polished every contact.

I think that the semi auto function works different than on the Invader. There is no real shroud on the barrel where the piston is located on the Hatsan semi auto models.

Like to take it apart immidiatly

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
I think it can be a good pistol and I don’t think $400 is a bad price. I’ll wait for the reviews before I move on one though.
I agree. I've had several Hatsans (AT44-10s .25 cal, AT44-10QE .22 cal, Hatsan Flash .22 cal, Nova QE .22 cal) and they were all great shooters. But they were HEAVY!!! I had to sell them, since I could hardly hold them. At my age, weight is a big consideration. I kept and still own the Flash because it is light and it is Accurate, with a capital A. I love it. The one Hatsan that I've owned that I did not love is the Hatsan Velox. I had one of the first in .25 cal and I loved the idea and would have loved the pistol if it did not have so many problems. I had the Velox packed and shipped back on the afternoon of the same day it came in.

Here is a rundown on my experience.:
1) Magazine Covers too tight. Had to loosen both ...., a LOT to get them to work.
2) Magazines do not cycle reliably. Had to remove and reload several time each use before magazine was empty.
3) Cylinder #1 (came mounted) developed an air leak:
a. After shooting about 6 round at about560 to 580 fps there was a loud 'pop' and
the next shot was 212 fps. Was using 20.06 gr H&N pellets.
b. After reload and another five shots, cylinder 1 was low on pressure. I pumped the
cylinder up to 250 bar. When I released the air from the feed line, the
cylinder air went down to about 100 bar. I tried re-pressurizing several times more
with the same result. Cylinder 1 has an air leak.
4) I tried to swap out cylinder 1 to the spare cylinder 2. I could not remove the
cylinder by hand. It had been installed far to tightly at the factory. I had to use a towel in a vice too
grip the cylinder hard enough to remove it from the Velox. Small air rush on removal.
5) Installed cylinder #2 on the airgun. Pressurized to 250 bar. When I released the
pressure from the feed line, pressure in the cylinder dropped to about 225 bar, but
recovered pressure back up to 230 bar. It seemed to hold pressure so I began
shooting a fresh magazine with 25.39 grain JSB pellets. Several times in shooting
the mag would not cycle. Reloaded several times but got to 10 shots averaging about
530 fps.
6) Reloaded the magazine and pressurized to 250 bar and again and pressure dropped to
about 225 bar and came back up to about 230 bar after releasing the compressor
line pressure. After two shots the magazine jammed and I could not get it out of
the pistol. I returned the Velox with the magazine still jammed in the breach, after removing
both air cylinders.

I had the best experience in discussions with Utah Airguns. They apologized for the problems that I had and agreed readily to my returning the Velox for replacement or refimd and supplied a prepaid label for shipping. The Velox is in transit back to Utah as I type. Customer Service at Utah Airguns is exceptional and was the best part of my experience with this airgun. I asked for a refund and will wait to see if any fixes are in the offing from Hatsan. This airgun could be a winner with a little QC and possible engineering changes but until I see them in the future, I'll hold on and listen for other experiences from purchasers. I really was disappointed with the problems I saw. I have since read that some who bought this airgun were experiencing 'bounce back' of the hammer spring, causing multi-shot automatic firings with one trigger pull. I did not experience that kind of 'auto' condition with my Velox. Thank goodness.

I agree. I've had several Hatsans (AT44-10s .25 cal, AT44-10QE .22 cal, Hatsan Flash .22 cal, Nova QE .22 cal) and they were all great shooters. But they were HEAVY!!! I had to sell them, since I could hardly hold them. At my age, weight is a big consideration. I kept and still own the Flash because it is light and it is Accurate, with a capital A. I love it. The one Hatsan that I've owned that I did not love is the Hatsan Velox. I had one of the first in .25 cal and I loved the idea and would have loved the pistol if it did not have so many problems. I had the Velox packed and shipped back on the afternoon of the same day it came in.

Here is a rundown on my experience.:
1) Magazine Covers too tight. Had to loosen both ...., a LOT to get them to work.
2) Magazines do not cycle reliably. Had to remove and reload several time each use before magazine was empty.
3) Cylinder #1 (came mounted) developed an air leak:
a. After shooting about 6 round at about560 to 580 fps there was a loud 'pop' and
the next shot was 212 fps. Was using 20.06 gr H&N pellets.
b. After reload and another five shots, cylinder 1 was low on pressure. I pumped the
cylinder up to 250 bar. When I released the air from the feed line, the
cylinder air went down to about 100 bar. I tried re-pressurizing several times more
with the same result. Cylinder 1 has an air leak.
4) I tried to swap out cylinder 1 to the spare cylinder 2. I could not remove the
cylinder by hand. It had been installed far to tightly at the factory. I had to use a towel in a vice too
grip the cylinder hard enough to remove it from the Velox. Small air rush on removal.
5) Installed cylinder #2 on the airgun. Pressurized to 250 bar. When I released the
pressure from the feed line, pressure in the cylinder dropped to about 225 bar, but
recovered pressure back up to 230 bar. It seemed to hold pressure so I began
shooting a fresh magazine with 25.39 grain JSB pellets. Several times in shooting
the mag would not cycle. Reloaded several times but got to 10 shots averaging about
530 fps.
6) Reloaded the magazine and pressurized to 250 bar and again and pressure dropped to
about 225 bar and came back up to about 230 bar after releasing the compressor
line pressure. After two shots the magazine jammed and I could not get it out of
the pistol. I returned the Velox with the magazine still jammed in the breach, after removing
both air cylinders.

I had the best experience in discussions with Utah Airguns. They apologized for the problems that I had and agreed readily to my returning the Velox for replacement or refimd and supplied a prepaid label for shipping. The Velox is in transit back to Utah as I type. Customer Service at Utah Airguns is exceptional and was the best part of my experience with this airgun. I asked for a refund and will wait to see if any fixes are in the offing from Hatsan. This airgun could be a winner with a little QC and possible engineering changes but until I see them in the future, I'll hold on and listen for other experiences from purchasers. I really was disappointed with the problems I saw. I have since read that some who bought this airgun were experiencing 'bounce back' of the hammer spring, causing multi-shot automatic firings with one trigger pull. I did not experience that kind of 'auto' condition with my Velox. Thank goodness.
I'm in the same boat, received my velox .25 last week from Utah Airguns as well. No leaky air cylinders on my end and kept pressure as it should........but... mags were tight, velocity jumped all over the place anywhere from 380-520-420 etc. worst of all it went to full auto 2-3 rounds at a time then jam, unjammed it and immediately back to full auto then jam, single shot then jam again. Tried h&n, Benjamin, and fx pellets all with same results. Maybe after pulling trigger a total of 6 times pressure dropped to 100 bar, guessing was from the freak full auto issue. After doing that with both filled cylinders and a 2 chips in my moderator.... Utah Airguns was good about sending me a return label and back it goes....I'll wait for the kinks to be fixed before i give it another whirl. I would have been fine to wait longer as long as the problems were addressed before putting the product out 🙄 for 400$ a semi auto, 2 mags, 2 cylinders as long as it works as it should is a good deal. After spending 1200$ for an ap16 just couldn't spend that again for a gk1. Good luck Hatsan 👍

This thing looks like an abomination, but somehow I want one. I wouldn't pay 400 for a hatsan though. I bet given some time we will see some good sales on these, especially the inevitable refurbished ones.
I hope you are right. I also liked the looks, especially in FDE. The design looked like it was a good one. I would like to see them get rid of the side lever that holds the magazine because I don't think it is needed. Like any other PCP rifle, the magazine slot is generally a firm fit without something to keep the magazine in place. The Velox magazine is a snug fit and doesn't need that door. My experience shooting the Velox was just to confirm that it works, not to test accuracy but pellets seemed to be grouping reasonably well on my home range at 30 feet. I had put a Tonto moderator on the Velox and a CVLife red/green dot sight. Both worked well. Was disappointed having to take them off and pack for shipping. I still like the Velox but want to hear from others. If I don't see others having the same issues I did, I will chalk my experience up to having received a Monday product and may try ordering another.

Reactions: Bigbear72
I'm in the same boat, received my velox .25 last week from Utah Airguns as well. No leaky air cylinders on my end and kept pressure as it should........but... mags were tight, velocity jumped all over the place anywhere from 380-520-420 etc. worst of all it went to full auto 2-3 rounds at a time then jam, unjammed it and immediately back to full auto then jam, single shot then jam again. Tried h&n, Benjamin, and fx pellets all with same results. Maybe after pulling trigger a total of 6 times pressure dropped to 100 bar, guessing was from the freak full auto issue. After doing that with both filled cylinders and a 2 chips in my moderator.... Utah Airguns was good about sending me a return label and back it goes....I'll wait for the kinks to be fixed before i give it another whirl. I would have been fine to wait longer as long as the problems were addressed before putting the product out 🙄 for 400$ a semi auto, 2 mags, 2 cylinders as long as it works as it should is a good deal. After spending 1200$ for an ap16 just couldn't spend that again for a gk1. Good luck Hatsan 👍
Sorry to hear about your experience but not entirely surprised. The jams were pretty annoying because the magazines are a snug fit in the breach and there is no room to extract a stuck pellet. The door that flips down is in the way of leveraging the magazine out if a pellet is stuck between the mag and the barrel. I did not do enough shooting before determining that my Velox needed to go back so I did not look for tight groups, just hits within a reasonable area. My pistol also was an air hog, but I was shooting 20.06 and 25.39 grain pellets so I expected not a great figure for shots per fill. I don't think the current design can really expect better in .25 cal. I suspect our experiences with the Velox will be repeated a lot. Hope no one gets hurt from the tendency to go into the occastional auto mode. That one scares me. Thanks for reporting your experience.

Sorry to hear about your experience but not entirely surprised. The jams were pretty annoying because the magazines are a snug fit in the breach and there is no room to extract a stuck pellet. The door that flips down is in the way of leveraging the magazine out if a pellet is stuck between the mag and the barrel. I did not do enough shooting before determining that my Velox needed to go back so I did not look for tight groups, just hits within a reasonable area. My pistol also was an air hog, but I was shooting 20.06 and 25.39 grain pellets so I expected not a great figure for shots per fill. I don't think the current design can really expect better in .25 cal. I suspect our experiences with the Velox will be repeated a lot. Hope no one gets hurt from the tendency to go into the occastional auto mode. That one scares me. Thanks for reporting your experience.
Yes, I completely forgot to mention the pain it was to unjam the mag especially with that retention flap in the way. that from what i can see doesnt really serve a purpose except maybe for safety against the bolt action when no mag is in place to protect a slipped finger maybe. I will definitely try again when/if i see the fixes on the next run.

Reactions: radduci
I had not thought about a Velox comparison to the Ataman AP16. I was fortunate enough to find a refurbished one on PA about five years ago at $875.00 and it was one of the best buys I've ever made. Talk about a well made pistol!!! The Velox is not even close but I had hopes that this might be another PCP pistol that might have promise. So far, the AP16 is my only PCP pistol among the hundred or so CO2 pistols in my collection. You can't beat PCP as against CO2 for accurate, multi-shot shooting and I was hoping for another jewel like the AP16 (stranger things HAVE happened :). Sad disappointment. The AP16 is a tough act to follow. I added a Tonto and a Red Dot to mine and I go to it whenever I feel depressed about my shooting ability. Quality matters.

I had not thought about a Velox comparison to the Ataman AP16. I was fortunate enough to find a refurbished one on PA about five years ago at $875.00 and it was one of the best buys I've ever made. Talk about a well made pistol!!! The Velox is not even close but I had hopes that this might be another PCP pistol that might have promise. So far, the AP16 is my only PCP pistol among the hundred or so CO2 pistols in my collection. You can't beat PCP as against CO2 for accurate, multi-shot shooting and I was hoping for another jewel like the AP16 (stranger things HAVE happened :). Sad disappointment. The AP16 is a tough act to follow. I added a Tonto and a Red Dot to mine and I go to it whenever I feel depressed about my shooting ability. Quality matters.
I forgot to add that my Velox never did go into 'auto' mode. But then, I only shot 2 mags + 2 shots before the mag jammed and stayed jammed.

Gee...tell us how you REALLY...feel.
If that's all you have to say, might be better...left unsaid !

Mike
He isn't lying. I've actually had pretty good experiences with Hatsun. I have a Sortie for a few years now that my kids shoot and I've never had one problem out of it.

With that said this gun doesn't compete with Huben or even the weak overpriced viper. I mean if they sell this for like 200 bucks it would be cool but anything more than that it's not worth it when there's clearly better options in the market.

Plus this thing looks like a toy.

Why not try a GK1? For the quality and the power you can't find a better pistol anywhere.

By no means was i comparing an ap16 with the velox lol! No comparison with a ferrari and a ford pinto 😂 just speaking of not wanting to spend a hefty price again for something to plink and shoot backyard sky rats. I still have my hatsan flashpup synthetic stock .25 Got it from PA when it came out with a side lever. Very smooth action and always kept pressure. Ofcourse has since been upgraded with a huma reg and will remain in my collection. Qc is extremely important and can make or break a products future. And as said by longshot81.... the velox kinda does look like a toy........but (other than quality)...... anyone 👀 a resemblance?........

F4529F29-43A6-4B91-97F6-A99D3C99657C.jpeg

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
You like pistols ? .......my friend get yourself a Huben pistol and discover Nirvana.

Why not try a GK1? For the quality and the power you can't find a better pistol anywhere.
The GK1 is a 'little scarce' right now but it sure looks great. There is a new one on eBay for bid right now but the auction is over $1250 already. When supplies get a little better and I feel like splurging I will certainly consider the Huben. It looks like a great shooter and the specs are off the charts.

Reactions: rootdude