Tuning New valve for my raw 25 hm1000x

This is the plenum
received_1209928586105472.jpeg
received_887630288459115.jpeg

Reactions: Aggy
I just saw this Thread...
Great job on your design!!!
Everyone has their Own Secret Sauce when come to making valves for RAW and Rapid Airguns!!
So here is my little design for my Titanium Clone Rapid..
Stainless Valve-Body, Tapered Titanium Valve-stem.
I used reamed Delrin inserts that the Valve slides on and seals on.
She gives me a good 70 fpe with JSB Beasts....
valve2.jpg

Is that a titanium block too with a Picatinni rail
Yes it is!!
I was the administrator of the AirgunAdvice.net..
So a member on there was Chip Smith....CNC CAD designer/machinist extraordinaire. He also a member here too.
One of his first projects once he was hooked on the Rapid platform... was his Tactical Chassis for the rapid.
Then about a year later, he threw out a proposal to the member... he had some Titanium Plate stock ... should he design his own Rapid platform!!!
So he ask The members of What he should throw into his design.
His Titanium receiver would accept most standard Rapid internals, unmodified!! It has Picatinny Rail with 25 moa built-in. Also he extended the pre-chamber/plenum.
Well the rest is History...
The RAW block was based on his idea and design!
Final%20ti-rapid.jpg

BTW..The Tactical chassis is also a custom job by Chip Smith.. the Ca Special Chip-Tac Chassis..

Reactions: Sc0-
Pretty extraordinary work by Chip (y):) .
I wish they had CNC/CAD machines years ago when I took shop. I seems most anything laid out on the drafting table can be turned into reality by the machine.
His skill was very impressive..
As the Titanium receiver's specs were being iron out. He made a prototype.
Well he left out the scallop cut... Well the member of AA.net let him know..
So he ask me to take a photo and make a few measurements.
So it took him under 5 min to adjust is CAD drawing and produce the new code..
He put the prototype back into the CNC Mill.. it was Done

Ti-Valve.jpg

Here is a comparison of a stock Valve-stem to my Tapered Valve-stem.
The the machined out area of the valve-stem is never in contact with the valve-body..
Only the Face of the hat section(sealing) and the tail section(sliding) ever touches the valve-body.

My thought behind my Tapered Valve...
As the Tank pressure is falling, this allow the valve to open more..
So the taper will allow more air to flow....trying to flatten the curve...
This has work in my testing.....

But there is a tuner 220swift, ernie... is valves had and taper but reversed in orientation.
His thought is maintained Air Velocity as the tank pressure dropped!!

So Like I said... Everyone has there own Secret Sauce!!!

Reactions: mubhaur
I hadn’t thought about my first question enough obviously if the valve was tapered in the valve body the air would blow past it when open , would it be possible to use have the valve stem ride in a really close tolerance bearing bush rather than the stem be sealed with an o ring ,.
I love the engineering element of pcp guns .
My own HM1000x started as a uk spec sub 12 ,it is now uk fac spec
Changed the barrel to the 24” polygonal.22
Raw brass valve ,shortened hammer pip , new hammer spring re pressure raised , mdt buttstock,polished everything inside ,it now runs at 54 ftlb .still working on my technique but it’s doing very well

Reactions: Ca_Varminter
I hadn’t thought about my first question enough obviously if the valve was tapered in the valve body the air would blow past it when open , would it be possible to use have the valve stem ride in a really close tolerance bearing bush rather than the stem be sealed with an o ring ,.
I love the engineering element of pcp guns .
My own HM1000x started as a uk spec sub 12 ,it is now uk fac spec
Changed the barrel to the 24” polygonal.22
Raw brass valve ,shortened hammer pip , new hammer spring re pressure raised , mdt buttstock,polished everything inside ,it now runs at 54 ftlb .still working on my technique but it’s doing very well
Well you are almost taking my path....
In my first photo of the metal Valve-body with the valve-stem...
The reamed Delrin Bushing that the valve-stem's tail sliding on is a precision fit!... No O-Ring!!!

Reactions: mubhaur
Ti-Valve.jpg

The the machined out area of the valve-stem is never in contact with the valve-body..
Only the Face of the hat section(sealing) and the tail section(sliding) ever touches the valve-body.

But there is a tuner 220swift, ernie... is valves had and taper but reversed in orientation.

Nice work makes sense

Reactions: Ca_Varminter
Ti-Valve.jpg

Two questions.
Is your gun ungegulated?

Just to clarify, your valve seal is titanium on stainless? The delrin you mention is simply used as valve stem guide?

Two questions.
Is your gun ungegulated?

Just to clarify, your valve seal is titanium on stainless? The delrin you mention is simply used as valve stem guide?
Hi Corny,
First, yes my Titanium Rapid is unregulated..... in fact the Titanium tube screws directly into the receiver...Max airflow.
Second the valve body is stainless. I bushed the nose with a Delrin insert, reamed and machine the face.
This is for the Titanium valve-stem to seal on.
valveface.jpg

hth,
Stuart

Last edited: