• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New valve design for the FX Panthera

Curious on why, I’m sure ernest will make a how to video soon.
I would assume adjusting the valve to a calibre have something to do with that. Maybe some exotic parts are involved that shall be kept in secret for a first while...to pay the development costs at least. And I would agree with that.
Patenting is a past and as we can see it it is bad for a business as well. If you are the first on market today grab the money before the crowd start copying.

I would assume adjusting the valve to a calibre have something to do with that. Maybe some exotic parts are involved that shall be kept in secret for a first while...to pay the development costs at least. And I would agree with that.
Patenting is a past and as we can see it it is bad for a business as well. If you are the first on market today grab the money before the crowd start copying.
Actually I think the reason for the caliber changes requiring a FX dealer may have to do more with the Plenum being wrapped around the barrel and the interface of that with the block. But I'm sure we'll find out soon enough...

Actually I think the reason for the caliber changes requiring a FX dealer may have to do more with the Plenum being wrapped around the barrel and the interface of that with the block. But I'm sure we'll find out soon enough...
I'm guessing this too. There is probably a caliber specific sleeve around the barrel liner that seals the plenum. I'm guessing that because FX says an owner can change to a different liner of the same caliber and length.
I also have an idea that the liner sleeve will shrink in diameter a tiny bit when pressurised and clamp onto the liner making it very rigid.

The airflow appears to take a different route with the Panthera. Not in a sort of 90degrees angle into the transfer port as with every airgun thus far i but with a much more gradual slacker angle . Efficiency and power should be the result I guess. I believe this princip will find its way to many next pcp’s from FX as well. Look forward to a CROWN MKIII