• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex New Umarex Gauntlet V1 depressurizing in a week

You will have to find where the leak is coming from. The bottle area is def a very likely culprit especially the port where you fill air into the gun. Fill it back up and use some soapy water and try to trace down the leak. Another good trick is to put a balloon over the barrel. If it inflates then the leak is probably from the valve.

Got it, wasn't trying to be fresh, own an original Gauntlet, never seen it called "V1", usually just "Gauntlet" while the next generation is Gauntlet 2 (G2) or Gauntlet .30. WM
I'm new to this stuff (air rifles/PCP/etc). Been a centerfire/rimfire guy for a tad over 60 years (dad started me when I was 3 - I don't remember it, but I don't doubt it).

So wasn't sure - but just wanted to make the distinction. Have seen several negative reviews of the V2, so... 'V1'. ;)

Reactions: KatoKevin454
I'm new to this stuff (air rifles/PCP/etc). Been a centerfire/rimfire guy for a tad over 60 years (dad started me when I was 3 - I don't remember it, but I don't doubt it).

So wasn't sure - but just wanted to make the distinction. Have seen several negative reviews of the V2, so... 'V1'. ;)
Main gripes with the Gauntlet platform is weight, length, bolt action and magazine. A $60 upgrade (larger bottle and 2100 PSI regulator) plus some trigger mods and 4-piece baffles placed mine closer in performance to the G2, but still too heavy and long for all day hunting.

Main gripes with the Gauntlet platform is weight, length, bolt action and magazine. A $60 upgrade (larger bottle and 2100 PSI regulator) plus some trigger mods and 4-piece baffles placed mine closer in performance to the G2, but still too heavy and long for all day hunting.
I obviously haven't shot it yet, but I would agree on the weight and length. Cocking the bolt seems to be an issue as well. I need to get a sling for it which will help make it more useful

I obviously haven't shot it yet, but I would agree on the weight and length. Cocking the bolt seems to be an issue as well. I need to get a sling for it which will help make it more useful
Oh yeah, forgot about the sling, you'll see the anchor points are not correct for "balanced" carry, G2's re-designed stock corrected problem. Clunky cocking bolt and jamming magazine aren't fun, either. Ordered a CARM magazine, had to modify with plastic to make it fit, works great. CARM refunded money and said to keep the mag, even suggesting a fix, great company. WM
IMG_20230104_114721.jpg

Reactions: 17dean
Oh yeah, forgot about the sling, you'll see the anchor points are not correct for "balanced" carry, G2's re-designed stock corrected problem. Clunky cocking bolt and jamming magazine aren't fun, either. Ordered a CARM magazine, had to modify with plastic to make it fit, works great. CARM refunded money and said to keep the mag, even suggesting a fix, great company. WM
I noticed the sling issue, but I hadn't heard about the mags jamming. .22, .177 or other caliber?

I noticed the sling issue, but I hadn't heard about the mags jamming. .22, .177 or other caliber?
Can only speak to the .25, Hajimoto, a Gauntlet expert, has a video out on mag modifications, recommends filing down several sharp plastic edges to smooth operation, tried but didn't help much. CARM magazine, after widening with white plastic, is light years ahead of OEM. WM

I have had my Gauntlet v1 since February 2023. Never a problem with the mags, but the bottle started leaking out of the fill nipple. Took it apart and tried to clean it but it was non fixable. Called umarex and asked for a replacement fill nipple and was told we don't keep any parts to send out. So they had me ship it to them on a Friday afternoon at my expense and got it back with a note from repair shop saying replaced fill nipple, lol. So they do have parts to repair certain airguns. I had replacement fill nipples for my other ninja bottles but all wouldn't fit. So shipping was 10 dollars so I got off cheap and it's back installed and no leaks so far. Hajimoto was the only place I could find a replacement fill nipple with rubber o'ring to fit and it's 20 bucks. So warranty worked for me without sending in entire gun. That's why shipping was so cheap. So working good again August 2023.

Reactions: 17dean
Anyone with a Gauntlet -just like a QB- that cocks so hard should look at it. Easier then people think to bend the bolt (not handle) and/or there not right from the factory. Roll on a flat surface and if need beat about the head & neck (okay one precise tap) as needed. Cant recall if I had to add my own jam nut's on the trigger adjustment screws -as a QB needs) or not but normal very nice QB trigger.

John

Hopefully enough see this - I got my replacement Gauntlet, and inspecting it - the air bottle is loose. Took handguard off, and the bottle will spin about 1/3 of a turn more before it's basically "tight". But then - the air gauge and fill port won't line up, and the handguard cannot be put back on.

WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

Or is the air bottle supposed to be loose like that?