New TX200 Released?

I know opinions are like a-holes... but I've been steadily selling all my springers and actually sold two TX200's thinking I would keep my 97 blue laminate... that new TX lam really has me reconsidering. Loving the looks of it. I'm sure they wont be giving those things away though so I'll need to see what they are asking for them, but I see one in my future.
I sent you a PM. I am interested in your springer inventory.

I wonder why they didn’t do the same for the ProSport. The Walnut is great too but it’s nice to have the additional choice.

-Marty
Sometimes you have to take matters in to your own hands.

IMG_5983.jpeg

What should they change? I’d like to see them lighter, but not lose any power. Personally, I like the more trim look of the new stock.
Air Arms won’t make any changes beyond cosmetics to their springer line. It’s not worth their hassle since they make most of their money from PCPs. That said, I love my TX but I think most of us would still like to see some innovation in springers, here are some ideas:

1. Efficiency improvements for lower cocking effort.
2. Less recoil and vibration. Better piston design?
3. Option for accessory rail
4. Adjustable power
5. A Hunter version with magazine system done right, not like Gamo or Hatsan but more like the HW100

-Marty

What should they change? I’d like to see them lighter, but not lose any power. Personally, I like the more trim look of the new stock.
Hi Bad, I love Air Arms springers, have two. It's just the cost of the new guns is going through the roof. If you are improving the design then yes you could justify because you will have development costs but whats different from the apart from the stock . Perhaps I am getting old 😳

Hi Bad, I love Air Arms springers, have two. It's just the cost of the new guns is going through the roof. If you are improving the design then yes you could justify because you will have development costs but whats different from the apart from the stock . Perhaps I am getting old 😳
I don't think the rifle has changed at all, just a new design and material options on the stock. I feel the pain of the costs. In 2021 ordered a LH TX200 and waited several months for it to arrive. In that time the price increased $50, the supplier did honor their original price, they went up again shortly afterwards it arrived too. BTW, LH rifles (TX 200's) are more expensive than RH rifles.

Maybe with the new stock lefties won't have to pay the LH premium. Speaking for myself, it wouldn't bother me for the loading port to be on the right side of the gun. This may be the direction AA is headed with this, it would streamline production a bit for the TX, one rifle and one stock, no more left or right hand versions.

I'm very pleased with my rifle, the Vortek PTG 4 HO kit dropped the speed a tiny bit, but the shot cycle is much better. The stock fits me great, although I don't care for the girth and the round bottom of the fore end. The fish scales look great, but I prefer the feel and texture of stippling. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts the only thing I'd change in the barreled action would be to take some weight out of it, that would add to the costs though and probably harshness of the shot cycle.

I don't see AA changing anything other than the stock on the TX, it's accuracy is well proven, it's simple to work on and it's durable. Maybe they'll build a completely new rifle, I won't hold my breath for it. LOL