New TX200 on it's way. Need advice

I want to start out right after researching, I have decided to clean the barrel before shooting. This is my first undercover. So my question is how should I go about licking the action open so I can use the patchwork kit? Do you just cock it leaving it under spring pressure until done, then load a pellet and fire? Also, will I need to use a straw in the muzzle end? I appreciate the advice. Thanks.

It really depends on how crazy you want to go. Here's my method on new guns. The first paragraph is basically my bare minimum. The second paragraph, I may or may not do right away. Either way, I always clean and relube the internals while I'm in there.

The TX200 is absurdly simple to disassemble. Pull the piston and compression tube and clean the barrel from breech to muzzle with Kroil and JB Bore paste. When done, just push patches through until they come out spotless. 

After you give it that initial clean (but piston and tube are still out) insert a pellet, and push it through with a cleaning rod. Make a mark on the rod at any rough points aside from the choke. From there, go to town with some more JB bore paste and Kroil at the rough spots. On particulary rough areas I may actually use valve lapping compound. If using lapping compound I work much slower and avoid the barrel crown. Push patches through between cleans and then push a NEW pellet through until they glide smoothly from breach to choke. If it still binds up, repeat until it doesn't. 

Must admit, I'm blown away by having to disassemble a brand new gun to simply clean a barrel. You mean to tell me it has to be taken apart to clean just the barrel? I guess now would be the time. Because I bought the TX200 kit from Pyramid Air and will need to mount the scope anyway. Maybe now that I am going to take it apart before it's first shot, I sould drop in a tuning kit before reassembly. If so, what kind for accuracy and longevity? Starting to rethink a Springer now...lol.

I understand. I guess I was not being clear. How do you keep the breech open while trying to pull patches through and would I need a sraw in the muzzle? Does the tx200 have baffles?

If its just the standard TX200, no there are no baffles but a straw would help get through the shroud. The HC has an open shroud at the end but you can just pull the cap off.

Edit: missed part of your question 

Yeah Im sorry man. I got way ahead of myself here. I saw "new gun" and got too excited. I actually enjoy the full teardown and tweak portion of new toys. It didn't occur to me that not everyone feels the same way!

On that note, you do have one of the easiest guns on the market to strip down so if it ever does come down to it, have no fear. It really is that much of a breeze.