New TX200 GROUP

After a day of testing, the TX200 is another JSB 8.44grn 4.52 lover. This is it straight from the factory, no trigger adjustment, no tuning. Just a barrel cleaning. Not bad at all. Now I'm wondering how would it be with a TbT Tuning Kit Drop In??? 25 yards.
20220519_200346.1653020633.jpg

Well my opinion will be a little different, go ahead and shoot for a couple hundred rounds to be sure the rifle functions properly. But then just open it up, polish any rough edges/ surfaces, properly lube and flush and lube trigger. Things can be going on inside that you dont know or want, why take a chance when that rifle is so easy to open up and put back together?? You dont need a " kit" of any type as long as the factory parts are working well and it appears they are!! Been working on TX's for over 30 years, have to admit many were sent to me after thosands of rounds only to find issues insude that could have been prevented by an earlier inspection!! My own rifle has all factory parts, but opened and simple tuned at 200 rounds, today many thousand rounds later still shoots with the best, and no underlying issues that went unoticed!! Your hard earned money so.....?

Remember in almost every case if you open a new gun you void the warranty!

That is why you shoot a couple hundred rounds to be sure the rifle is ok. If you shoot a few thousand rounds thru it and then find a serious internal issue, are they going to warrant that issue? Then they will tell you you waited to long and abused your rifle!! Been there, done that !! Opened to many new rifles and found many metal chips chewing up the insides, they might replace your compression tube when that happens, but what about the chewed up housing.....nope !! Todays warranty is good for the initial use of the rifle but after a couple/ few hundred rounds, doesnt mean much....

As a reminder, this is my first air rifle. But my problem with that is, once I get it apart where to from there. I mean polish what with what? Also lube and flush which part? Lube the trigger? Will that require tearing it down? Are there videos that you can attach? With my luck, I will get it apart and not be able to get it back right. If that happens, can you recommend a Tuner that I could send it to? At that point it will be in pieces so might as well put a kit in it.

Thanks

I have never had the patience to wait for the warranty to expire. First gun I shot until the spring broke, a Stoeger X10. I loved that gun enough to hang on to it and replace the spring and piston seal with Maccari parts, then a GRTIII trigger, and from that point on I never looked back. Everything got a debur and lube tune at a minimum, along with a Maccari spring and piston seal if there was one that fit. And if it were a Chinese Gamo clone, it got a GRTIII.

Now I only have one gun, the R9, and I have not touched it in a little over a year I’ve had it. It’s nearly perfect… although I probably will put a kit in it at some point. Probably after the spring breaks.

If you’re satisfied then leave it alone.

A kit probably wont improve your accuracy, it is already there!!! It would just make cocking smoother and mabey smooth out the shot cycle. A small improvement in accuracy may come from lubing your pellets, that has always worked for me. With your rifle shooting so well, I cant blame you for wanting to leave it alone...just listen and feel carefully when cocking to make sure it stays smooth, no grinding sounds!!