• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New TX200 ft/lb

Hi 

I have just received my new TX200 today and no matter what pellet I fire through it I can only get a maximum of 10ft/lb out of it .Should I send it back or will it settle in after some use. I know that i can fit power rings onto the spring guide but should i be doing this with a £500 gun only one day old .I look forward to hearing your opinions on this. Cheers

Ian 

You have such fine gun there I would be a little more patient. Although my experience is with a US powered gun I found quite quickly that it it was over powered and had to drop it to under 12ft/lbs to have it shooting the best. No critter here ever complained about getting killed at under 12. Give it a chance and you will end up loving it. Yes I sold it but only because I woke up one day OLD and needed much lighter weight gun. Miss it! Enjoy!

Give the rifle some time to settle in. When I got mine, it also shot less than advertised. But after a tin of lead, the power went up. Alternatively you can take the internals apart, clean them up (give them a nice shining polish) and remove the factory grease and replace it with something less sloppy, preferably ever so thinly applied with a paint brush (make sure it's suited for airguns to prevent dieseling!). You'll see the performance go up immediately.

As others has mentioned, give it time. Also I have been through the power fad, started out withe the RWS 350, great gun but hard to get consistent groups..

I've recently purchased a HW 77 and it shot 15.50 fpe out of box. I was not happy with the accuracy so ended up putting two different kits in it. Finally I have a tack driver at 30 yds. Very happy with it now and its only shooting 10.5 fpe.

So don't bash it yet ,I think you will enjoy it at the 10fpe level. Give it time,

😄

just my 2cents,

Thanks for the reply and I will let you know how I get on with the Tinbum kit .The most i can get out of the gun at the moment is 9.7ft/lb which is a bit too low for hunting vermin which is what I use the gun for Cheers

Might I suggest that you look into Tony Leach's 22mm kit for your TX? Mine should be ready today and I can't wait to try it out. It is tuned to 11.2 fpe and butter smooth if reports are true.