New Toy today.....

I went to New England Airguns to purchase a 600mm 25 cal barrel kit for my FX Dreamline BullPup because I wanted a little more pow.

I didn't purchase it because it shoots so sweet now.

What I ended up buying is this....

20210913_195234.1631577770.jpg

20210913_195306.1631577783.jpg

It's the 25 caliber and I bought some JSB 25.39g to get a start.

I've heard good and not so good about the Huben K1's, but I'm giving it a go.

If anyone has some do and don't to share I'd be glad to hear them.

I aim to shoot these JSB's at around 910fps and expect around ~47fpe.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Will

Edit:

Here is the first chrony string:

Name: Huben First
Shots: 13
Average: 964 ft/s
SD: 3 ft/s
Min: 960 ft/s
Max: 969 ft/s
Spread: 9 ft/s
Power Factor Average: 24
Power Factor Low: 24
Power Factor High: 24
Barometric Pressure: 30 in Hg
Temperature: 62 F
Weight: 25.4 gr.

I'll move future posts to PcP Airguns discussion.

Will

The same thing happened to me almost 4 weeks ago. I went there while driving back to CT from Boston just to look around. I ended up with this…..

B00059DE-54B6-42E8-9C21-B614E14DBB57.1631590607.jpeg

2021 Ki Wood Stock in .22

I absolutely love it! I love it so much I am contemplating adding a .25 to the stable.

You’re gonna enjoy that .25, but I suspect you won’t keep it at 47-50 FPE for long. They are so easy to adjust for more power it’s ridiculous. Just twist the wheel and that baby will be up near 100 FPE without breaking a sweat!

Chris

The same thing happened to me almost 4 weeks ago. I went there while driving back to CT from Boston just to look around. I ended up with this…..

I absolutely love it! I love it so much I am contemplating adding a .25 to the stable.

You’re gonna enjoy that .25, but I suspect you won’t keep it at 47-50 FPE for long. They are so easy to adjust for more power it’s ridiculous. Just twist the wheel and that baby will be up near 100 FPE without breaking a sweat!

Chris

Wow, I really like the looks of yours. I would say I'm a cheap skate but these rifles are close to $2K at the plain Jane level.

I really like the semi-auto, but don't like the non-removable mag. I guess they had to do it that way for tolerance purposes.

How does yours group at 100 yards?

Will

Will

Chris

Wow, I really like the looks of yours. I would say I'm a cheap skate but these rifles are close to $2K at the plain Jane level.

I really like the semi-auto, but don't like the non-removable mag. I guess they had to do it that way for tolerance purposes.

How does yours group at 100 yards?

Will

Will

Will, the wood stock was $200 more than the synthetic, but I just had to have it 😬

I haven’t had it out to 100 yards yet, but it is a one hole beast at 30 yards. At 50 yards I didn’t bench it, but shot a 4” 19 shot group offhand! This was all with pellets so far. I tried a few slugs just to run over the Chrono, but generally I only use pellets in my yard since I am concerned about over travel.

Right now, with the reg at 15 (the way John at New England Airgun set it up for me) it shoots the FX 34 grain .22 pellets at 888 FPS or 58 Ft Lbs Energy with the wheel at 24 clicks. At 30 clicks it does 907 FPS/62 FPE

Chris

I got a .22 k1 back in 2018 and it quickly became my favorite air gun. The integral magazine doesnt bother me at all, in fact i think there are advantages it confers over guns that use magazines. Can confirm more luck with heavier projectiles and loving high power levels. Fun to put in light pellets ( i think even 25 grains is on the light side for a k1) and hear them go supersonic but they are so inaccurate. I personally dont like to shoot my .22 at less than 80 FPE. I enjoyed it so much that I also just sprang for the .25 2021 wood stock version with slug barrel installed. I'm looking into changing my old .22 barrel to an unchoked one as well. Will be optimizing slug diameter to make my own. After all the initial investment, I can make slugs so cheaply that a mag dump of the k1 with 40 grain slugs costs me only about $0.30. Takes ammo cost largely out of the equation and I can just keep pulling the trigger which keeps a smile on my face.

I cant say it's been without issues. I did have to send mine back to AOA to be fixed once while it was still under warranty but it's been solid ever since. Every other issue I've had with it has been something I could fix myself and usually something I caused myself. Theres not a semi auto on the market that I'm aware of that I'd rather have. To me, making around 70% (or a bit more depending) of the muzzle energy of a .22lr with only about 15% of the chamber pressure makes the k1 an engineering marvel

Also considering dipping the stock of my 2018...

Can confirm more luck with heavier projectiles and loving high power levels. Fun to put in light pellets ( i think even 25 grains is on the light side for a k1) and hear them go supersonic but they are so inaccurate.

I agree that the JSB 25g is much to light for the K1. I've been trying for two days to make them group at 100 yards with no luck.

You can see them cork screwing at 850fps at 100 yards.

Will