New topic, boosters.

Only one I know is Extreme Big Bore’s booster pump. Parts were non existent for a while apparently, but should be coming back into production pretty soon. Looks like they are not alone, none in stock in the above links.

Altaros has three different models depending what you want!
1) A "Compressor Booster" normal (fed from a shop compressor) that boosts fed air into a gun or bottle.
2) A "Hybrid Compresor Booster" normal booster that can be fed air, nitrogen or helium from a bottle and driven by shop air.
3) A "Double Booster B2B" true booster that boosts inlet pressure to output and accepts above 300bar-4500psi at the input. It has a built in regulator that lets you use bottle air to drive the booster.

They ship fast and are extremely helpfull when/if you screw up and need parts (been there and done that).
First time i used my B2B i didnt open the valve on the recieving bottle fully and in two pump strokes flat i burst the 7500psi disk. Man that was a brown trouser moment!!! Within a week i had all the parts i wanted and was back in action again.

I'm running a Shoebox F10. 85hrs total, and just shut it off about 30 min ago actually. Shot most of the day and topped off all my tanks in 1 hr and 20 min while I was watching TV with my son. Probably need to knock on wood that I'm saying this, but have yet to replace a single oring in the Shoebox, got it Fall of 2018 if memory serves.

When it croaks my plan is the Altaros booster.

I like the booster concept, pulls out most of the water in the first stage compressor. Also, the booster doesn't generate enough heat or wear to eat itself alive like it sounds like many of the standalone options are prone to do.

If airgun forum traffic is any indication, the Shoebox was quite popular for some time.

While I chose a different route, I do hope that booster offerings will increase. Altaros stuff seems to get good marks, so glad to see they're still offering something in this niche.

More compressor choices, from low end to high, can only be good for our hobby.

I run a Altaros Booster with three CaliforniaAirTool, aka CAT, 2hp 10 gallon gallon compressors. Before that, I had every generation of Shoebox and loved them

The three compressors, which have 10 gallon tanks, run independently simultaneously into a 3 way splitter, through 4 desiccant filters, then into a 4th 10 gallon tank. All three compressors have one way valves to keep the adjacent compressors from filling each other’s tanks.

From the 4th tank they run into the Altaros Booster where the airbus filtered once again by a onboard filter. Each compressor has a 12 inch floor fan strapped above the motor and pump for cooling.

I fill once a week or so into a 30 minute bottle, usually takes one to two hours.

I ran for a year with two CAT’S, then saw a very good deal on a third CAT and added it to the system.

Works very well.

I went with this system due to mistrust of Chinese piston compressors. My system is modular in that if I have to replace or repair a compressor I can do so without having to shut down the air making process while the compressor is being repaired or replaced.

As CF says, the Altaros Booster is utterly dependable and slow. I have several Booster rebuild kits bur have not needed them yet. I’m

Regards,

Roachcreek

36200DB2-D7AD-4671-92A9-88563C41E2EE.jpeg

Last edited: