• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New toPCP

tech

Jul 28, 2017
MD
Hey guy's, I'm new to the pcp world, in fact, my new pcp gun I ordered (FX Impact .25) is supposed to be in by the end of the day tomorrow. I already have a 75cu/ft air tank that came in last week and I've already gotten it filled at my local Dive shop to 4500psi.
I've had a pretty high quality springer (Beeman R9) for several years and it's really accurate and I like it.
I'm not an avid shooter so I'm pretty green, so I was just wondering if some of you pcp folks could give me any advise or helpful hints that I should know as I get started into this new realm?
Thanks'
Rob

heres what i read ,by folk who know ,,adjustments dont just starting cranking them around like a set of tits. take pics and notes when ur confident enough to start adjusting ,,you always wanna know how to get back to factory settings ,i been told dry firing is bad , u might need to clean the barrel <probably>one of the adjuster knobs, if you try to adjust it under pressure you will break the gun ,,dont assume anything ,if it can happen it most likely will happen ,have fun pat

Hi Rob,
I would check to make sure the finger screw that holds the barrel in is snug, you don't want to tighten it down as hard as you can get it because it will move your point of impact and cause the pellet probe to be off center which will damage the breech o-ring and cause a air leak that will also change your point of impact. The other thing is the hex screw that holds the pellet probe in, just make sure that is snug too. Another thing is the hex screw just behind the power wheel. Make sure they have loc-title or something else to keep them from backing out. Also don't use a solvent or anything that can damage o-rings. When you change setting or adjustments do one at a time to see if it helps or not, if you do more than one you won't know if it helped or not. Please read the forum, most any question you have will have been answered on here. Since you got the impact a chronograph would be a very good thing to have to help you tune it. Just shoot a couple tins of pellets first without making any adjustments to settle the regulator and the barrel in. Kill the can and have fun!