• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New to trying slugs

Im trying slugs for the first time...I just ordered a tin of - HN .22 cal , .218 - 25 gr

To try in my 22 cal Hatsan Bullboss. I hear that you need the higher velocity to shoot slugs 

effectively...I know the Bullboss is definitely a higher velocity gun...Just wondering how much more accurate they are at longer ranges 60 yards + , and If they drop terribly after 60 yards. being that they are heavy... and who might recommend a good slug for the Hatsan Bullboss

My experience is with the NSA slugs in a .22 Impact. They do like to be driven faster than pellets. In my rifle at 50 yards it will go from 1” groups at 925fps to half inch groups once I get to 950 fps. They don’t like the slower speeds. That is with the .218 24.8 grain slugs. Slugs will also significantly cut down on wind drift at longer range. To answer your question about drop after 60 yards, the answer is no assuming you can push them into the mid 900fps range. Keep in mind that the BC of these slugs are double that for pellets so they maintain their velocity very well compared to pellets. I hope I was able to answer your questions and give you a little help.