• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New to this

geak

May 24, 2024
New to the forum and just getting back into airguns. I got a few guns and am looking to rehome one or two to get myself back into the hobby. Any advice/info on anything I should know being new to the forum would be great.
I'm in Linn county Oregon

***Moderator edit: please read the rules for CLASSIFIED SECTION. Specific guns have been removed to allow the post to stay.****

Last edited by a moderator:
Things that may have changed over the last 2 years:

1. Calibers now in .72 and .95
2. Compressors that reach 7500 psi.
3."Plentum/reservoir surrounding barrel" technology is being used in some models.
4. The Avenger, Avenger X, AirCuda and AirCuda Max are accurate budget guns.
5. The airgun long distance world record is now over 1 mile
6. Night vision scopes are now affordable, and available with built in ballistics that determine distance, and adjust the retical accordingly.

Im sure there are more, but thats all I can think of at the moment!

Things that may have changed over the last 2 years:

1. Calibers now in .72 and .95
2. Compressors that reach 7500 psi.
3."Plentum surrounding barrel" technology is being used in some models.
4. The Avenger, Avenger X, AirCuda and AirCuda Max are accurate budget guns.
5. The airgun long distance world record is now over 1 mile
6. Night vision scopes are now affordable, and available with built in ballistics that determine distance, and adjust the retical accordingly.

Im sure there are more, but thats all I can think of at the moment!
7500 psi is crazy 4500 is what I recall. That's a massive jump. Was that set with a Texan again?

Reactions: Airgun Al
Know you will take a hit on anything you sell. Such is life though I reckon. A Texan from the factory (blem) can be had for about $850, walnut stocked marauders were available for just over $300 a month or so ago .... .
Best advice use the forum to find other local airgunners and try what they have or if you get lucky a local retail shop (we have one in our town which surprised me) . Find a keeper, or 10 and shoot happy.

John

Reactions: SteveV
I was wrong...
Its 7000 psi.
And I dont believe any gun will accept that much pressure....yet.
Bin says they are awaiting DOT approvals on the tanks , before the can sell them stateside. They are a thing in other countries I believe. The tanks will take it, but the guns will be regulated down to 4500 i believe.

Bin says they are awaiting DOT approvals on the tanks , before the can sell them stateside. They are a thing in other countries I believe. The tanks will take it, but the guns will be regulated down to 4500 i believe.

That’s actually sort of terrifying. 4500psi is already a crazy amount of pressure. I played paintball for a lot of years and have seen a lot of 4500 burst discs blow on overheated paintball tanks. It’s a loud and forceful event. 7k psi would be real fun to see. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Vortecsix