New To The Sport

Thank you! I purchased an Air Venturi 4500 PSI compressor. Should get here next week, planning on getting a small generator capable to power that gem just fine. Only reason I picked this up was because I purchased the Umarex Hammer .50 cal and didn’t want to worry running out of air 🤣 Crazy to say that’s it been a week and already on to the second gun with out even firing my first yet! 

New to forum was never really into the discussion piece but the more I learn the more I want to learn. So I have Vulcan 2 .30 and a brand new Dreamline tactical in .30. I got the Vulcan 2 first. Was amazed by the accuracy of a 500mm barrel. Even at a 100 with slugs. Those CZ barrels are no joke. But it’s only 500 mm long. Then comes the Dreamline. So I got an old block at first which was garbage broke the fort day hammer pin snapped right off. Junk but I tried again. This time they sent me one of the newest blocks with a plenum already attached a barrel band all that. I have pellets coming out at 955 too hot I know light slugs at 930. Obviously tune down for pellets but for 47 grain slugs in .30 cal that should do the trick correct? Been around a while but new to fx and the stx superior liners. I’ve heard a 1:21 twist rate correct? Seems slow for a twist rate but fx knows their stuff and did it for a reason. Also dual plenum results are incredible first block I had maxed out at 850 then Utah sends me a whole new block and with a plenum. 870! With so much room to go up. I was looking and looking for a way to hit that 900 mark and added the second plenum. You could instantly hear the difference with the amount of air flowing through. So 955 with everything maxed out reg at 155. Never expected results like this from a Dreamline. Any one else have a .30 Dreamline pushing that hot without modifying internals… yet?

Welcome to AGN Tony. What a way to dive in (Head first) to the sport/hobby with that Delta Wolf. That's pretty awesome that you live close by to AoA. In regards to what else you need, if you don't already have a range finder, I suggest one. Other than that, try a variety of different ammo to see what your DW likes and stock up on it. We also don't know if you come from a firearm background so we don't know what you already have. BTW, out of curiosity, what does AoA charge for an airtank fill?

I second the range finder. Probably the most used of my kit. A Patchworm cleaning kit also is great to have in your bag, small and easy to pack until needed.