New to the sport, sorta.....

I'm recently retired from LE and found myself looking for a new hobby. Spent the past 40 years shooting firearms almost weekly from work training to personal compactizations, long range to pistols to shotgun sports. Once retired I spent less time going out to the range but still enjoy shooting. A friend let me fire one of his air guns, a springer. I was hooked! I found it challenging, fun and whole lot quieter! I did some research and purchased an Air Arms TX200 MkIII Rifle. I set up targets in my yard and would shoot it a few times a month. I had never shot a PCP rifle but kept reading all the great reviews, etc. I just didn't want to deal with all the filling issues and getting tanks filled at scuba shops, etc......Well my same friend had moved on to a PCP rifle and I made the mistake of firing it! 

Went to PA and purchased a Marauder Field & Target rifle and a little Air Venturi compressor ....... I've drank the Kool- aid! I'm having a great time learning all that's involved in the sport. I'm very new to it but having a great time so far! Oh, and I haven't shot the TX200 since getting my Marauder! (Probably will be selling it! ) Anyway, thanks for this site as id be super lost without it!

It's great over here on the Dark Side with all of the choices you have in PCP land. It's not to difficult to sit down at the computer and throw hundreds of dollars into the money pit to support your new found love either.

All and all a wonderful sport/hobby/obsession/addiction and I highly recommend it to everyone! ;^)

If you happened to buy one of the little oil-less water-less Nomad compressors don't overheat it and don't use it more than needed as they are not very durable units and only made to last around 20 hours before rebuilding or replacement is required.

Welcome to the forum and the sport. 
I will tell you. I started off with a springer. Then switched to PCPs. Annnnd now I actually shoot my springers more. Now don’t get me wrong. I love my PCPs. And when I’m doing serious pesting or hunting. I’m grabbing one of my two PCPs. But for simple shooting pleasure. I reach for a springer. 
So don’t rush to sell your Air Arms TX200. 
I don’t own one. But it’s my understanding they are amazing air rifles and worth keeping around. 
Have fun 

Be sure that you never start the compressor against a closed pressure loop. Let the compressor get going for 2-5 cycles before you close the system. I have broken two motor shafts, voice of experience. The little electric motor is stronger than the metal shaft. It may not break the first time, bit the stress over repeatedly doing so will eventually cause the metal to shear.

Be sure that you never start the compressor against a closed pressure loop. Let the compressor get going for 2-5 cycles before you close the system. I have broken two motor shafts, voice of experience. The little electric motor is stronger than the metal shaft. It may not break the first time, bit the stress over repeatedly doing so will eventually cause the metal to shear.

Thank you for this great advice. Before you turn off the compressor do you open the system first?

Welcome Tallen. You jumped right in there and bought a high end springer with that AA TX200. I wouldn't sell it just yet....as you stay in the air rifle game you might end up wishing you hadn't later down the road. But congrats on the Marauder F&T. That was my first PCP and is at the moment still my only PCP. It's a great rifle and reliable. You'll have a lot of fun with that one.

I retired in 2016 from a career in LE as well, and my shooting, except for teaching took a downgrade.

I shot everything when I worked, including a stint of 5 years with a precision rifle.

I needed something to restart me a bit. About a year ago, I found PCP’s but could not make my mind up what to do.

Then I got to shoot a few, FX, Daystate, Brocock, to name a few.

I settled on a Brocock Sniper XR, in .22 and also bought the Umarex compressor for it.

The rifle I really like and put an Element Helix on it.

With winter in full steam ahead, it will be a few months before I can really put it too field as I have no where I can go to shoot, (too much snow).

We have a very prolific ground squirrel population in the spring/summer, but winter is sub-zero, tail end deep to a Giraffe, so nothing to do except move snow.

I can’t wait-

I'm recently retired from LE and found myself looking for a new hobby. Spent the past 40 years shooting firearms almost weekly from work training to personal compactizations, long range to pistols to shotgun sports. Once retired I spent less time going out to the range but still enjoy shooting. A friend let me fire one of his air guns, a springer. I was hooked! I found it challenging, fun and whole lot quieter! I did some research and purchased an Air Arms TX200 MkIII Rifle. I set up targets in my yard and would shoot it a few times a month. I had never shot a PCP rifle but kept reading all the great reviews, etc. I just didn't want to deal with all the filling issues and getting tanks filled at scuba shops, etc......Well my same friend had moved on to a PCP rifle and I made the mistake of firing it! 

Went to PA and purchased a Marauder Field & Target rifle and a little Air Venturi compressor ....... I've drank the Kool- aid! I'm having a great time learning all that's involved in the sport. I'm very new to it but having a great time so far! Oh, and I haven't shot the TX200 since getting my Marauder! (Probably will be selling it! ) Anyway, thanks for this site as id be super lost without it!

Welcome to the Dark Side! Although I am on the "bottom feeding" end of PCPs (the only working PCP I have right now is a .177 Fortitude Gen2), once I shot my first PCP, springers were really never on the table again for me, except as a BUG for a *survival kit*, SHTF sort of thing. That IS one of the nice things about springers. NO outside power source required! +1

Don't get me wrong! I understand the lovers of good springers. I understand "the challenge" of shooting one well. And that is a noble pursuit!

However...(for me)

Springers are simply not worth the effort or frustration (again, for me) for why I own an airgun. And that is pesting in my small backyard. (smile)

I just want to hit my target with accuracy/precision and be able to do it consistently.

Aim Small, miss small!

Don't sell that TX200,

Welcome to the forum and the sport. 
But for simple shooting pleasure. I reach for a springer. 
So don’t rush to sell your Air Arms TX200. You will get bored with how easy it is to shoot that PCP. Hang on to your springer. AND GET A GOOD SELECTION OF PELLETS. Oh,and clean and lube those pellets too. It will keep your rifle shooting accurately, longer, between cleanings.