New to the pcp airgun world.

Brand new pcp airgunner. Just bought a new Daystate laminated .22 caliber pulsar. Coming from a break barrel, this pcp stuff is all new to me. I was able to get a SCBA tank from a buddy who works with them (scott airpack). My problem came when I tried to acquire the necessary parts for the connection to the tank; hose and gauge assembly. Tried 4 different local places for the parts needed with no luck. Frustrating to say the least. I was finally able to find a good guy named Joe Brancato of http://www.airtanksforsale.com/ who was able to hook me up with everything I needed. Can't wait to get this gun shooting.

Wow, you went straight to the top of the heap, with a Pulsar! Congratulations and welcome!

You'll LOVE this gun, once you get the hang of filling it. Probably wont' want to shoot 22 rimfires any more; it's just not worth the trouble.

Yeah, Joe hasn't always got the best prices on gear, but I hear he's very helpful and has quality, US-made stuff. That's where the extra money goes, and I think I'm going to get my first tank from him, when the time comes. Probably soon. I do like the exercise from pumping, but it'll be good to have an outdoor fill option that won't put a bunch of humid summer air into my guns' tanks.
Again, welcome to The Darkside.
Springers are fun, but can also be frustrating and limiting.

May I chime in and suggest getting decent glass to match your drool worthy gun, AT LEAST a Hawke Frontier? specifically theHawke Sport Optics 2.5-15x50 AO Frontier 30 Rifle Scope, Ill. TMX Reticle, 1/4 MOA, 30mm Tube.
I would suggest the 5-30x if you want to see the texture of your target paper or see ants crawling around it at 100 yards (I have one which I haven't mounted yet) however it has a 30 yard minimum focus unless you back the zoom down when shooting at closer targets and the other lower magnification model mentioned above goes down to 10 yards.

I have a 22 Pulsar coming soon as well and wouldn't even think about putting anything less than a Sidewinder 30, have most of them and they are relatively cheaper and OK optics IMO.

AJ 

I like the 6.5-20 Hawkes. You can take them out to 100 yds plus on maximum power. The Chairgun app they provide is very helpful. Another choice you might like the SWFA, they are available in both 1st and 2nd focal planes. There are several videos out on YouTube I believe tax day is one of their two annual sales. On a budget Aeon is a great value, though I had difficulty in low light situations with the field target version, and the mildot does not offer the half dot markings like the Hawke. Congratulations on your gun.

Here is a picture of my new Pulsar. It's topped with a Hawke Sidewinder IR MIL-DOT 4-16x50. Waiting on a UTG or Green Blob bipod. Can't decide which to get. Might just get both. Also waiting on my valve and gauge setup to get here. Can't wait to get it all setup for some serious ratting and all around pest shooting at my friends dairy farm.

rmu5bb.jpg

Reactions: CampFussell