• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New to the lifestyle

Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I wanted to introduce myself, as I am new to PCP airguns. I bought a Marauder Field and Target and giggled like a child the first five shots I made, because of the unexpected silence of the rifle! It's been fun embarking on this new hobby (I hope the word "hobby" is not an insult).

In the upcoming days and weeks I will have some questions for you, and some of them will likely seem silly. As you know, PCP airguns are not a common item in the Midwest where powder burners dominate and the only airguns most people know about sit in boxes on the shelf in the sporting goods section at Walmart. Therefore, I don't have too many resources, and I hope you are patient with me. 

Bruce

Welcome!

I talked a friend into using one of my air rifles on our 1st squirrel hunt this season. He shot 3 squirrels in succession out of the same tree and was hooked. That probably wouldn't have happened if he had used his 10-22 like he wanted. Afterward all he could talk about was how quiet it was. He bought a marauder the next week and has been using it all season.

What part of the Midwest are you in?

Bruce, Im only a few weeks ahead of you and yes its now an addiction and I think I just sold my soul, I mean money to her. I started with the Benjamin Fortitude and now moving to a nice used Hercules Bully that I got here in AirNation classified off another great airgunner. But now I need the compressor instead of the hand pump as with hand pump I can only get the Foirtitude up to 2500 psi. Well if I sort of jump down on top of the pump with arms into chest I can get better but then the shoulders are creaking and cracking. So awaiting a compressor from Pyramid Air which is now more then the gun... sigh. On the bright side I can now do 100 shots a day in the back yard at 25-50 yards to get my "fix" in. Good luck!

Dean

Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I wanted to introduce myself, as I am new to PCP airguns. I bought a Marauder Field and Target and giggled like a child the first five shots I made, because of the unexpected silence of the rifle! It's been fun embarking on this new hobby (I hope the word "hobby" is not an insult).

In the upcoming days and weeks I will have some questions for you, and some of them will likely seem silly. As you know, PCP airguns are not a common item in the Midwest where powder burners dominate and the only airguns most people know about sit in boxes on the shelf in the sporting goods section at Walmart. Therefore, I don't have too many resources, and I hope you are patient with me. 

Bruce

Bruce,

welcome to the brotherhood, ( and ladies , you are our brothers too) maybe PCP Culture is a better term .. Welcome to our PCP Culture. The PCP ( perfectly controlled power) rifle and all that goes with it has brought me a lot of satisfaction over the last decade. I have always loved rifles and hunting. I have been blessed and fortunate over the years to have owned some fine rifles , optics & such. Hunted all over the USA with bow & rifle. Well, ten years ago I hung that up, sold or gave away most of the stuff that went that lifestyle. I bought a PCP, think the first one was a Evanix Rainstorm, found my old squirrel vest & never looked back. Won't bore you with anymore stuff about me.

You are in for a ride,

Nutcracker

Nutcracker,

That is the direction I am now going as well. I have hunted avidly all my life with bow and gun (mostly bow) and am just getting tired of being lonely in the woods and getting few shot opportunities. With the air gun, I feel like a kid again as I chase bushytails and bunnies and pick off the occasional sparrow trying to make his home in the Purple Martin house. I get many more shots, which is what I want, and I don't have to devote hours to sitting in a tree waiting, waiting, waiting...…….. In addition, small game hunting is an activity that does not require putting up deer stands, traveling long distances, and devoting long hours or entire days. Since small game is not as difficult to find and approach as those wary whitetails and twitchy turkeys, I can take along a friend or introduce a young man or woman to the outdoors. What I would like to find now is a poor old widow who enjoys squirrel meat, so I can bless her and help justify my time in the woods!

I am enjoying this new phase of life. 

Bruce

Reactions: ironlion269