• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New To The Forum

Hello everyone on the Air Gun Nation Forums. I joined recently so that I could get more into the world of air guns. I shoot a lot of rimfire and centerfire rifles and pistols but not very often do I get around to shooting air guns and I would like to change that. I mostly only have the air guns I had acquired through my childhood and early teens. 

I currently have a Remington Airmaster 77 that was my first air rifle and I broke the stock on it from carrying it in the woods and dropping it in younger years so now it is fitted with the 2100 stock. I also have a Red Ryder of course and a Daisy #25 Pump. The first two air pistols I acquired were my fathers when he was a child and they are the Daisy Model 188 and Marksman Repeater. The last air gun I acquired was at a gun show about 4 or 5 years ago and it is the Benjamin Model 342 .22 Cal. I am defiantly looking to get more serious and purchase a nice target rifle sometime soon. I have been trying to weigh the options of the entry-level PCP or a nice springer. The TX200 would be a dream rifle later on for the springer side or used discovery or Marauder for getting into the PCP world. I have noticed that the Beeman R9 is very well-reviewed and have considered that. I remember watching a Teds Holdover video when the Gen 1 Marauder first came out and fell in love with the look and design but did not have the money for a brand new one at the time. He later posted a video of the Discovery and upgrade options for rifle and I thought that would be fantastic but never followed through with acquiring one. I have been rambling a little but the main thing is I hope to learn and find out what is a good gun to start out in the world of air gunning.

1577930148_14068824315e0d4da4713927.06685555_collection.jpg

Welcome to the forum Grandma. The best thing you can do to help fellow forum members get an idea as to what rifle to recommend to you is to describe how you will be using the rifle. Are you strictly going to be shooting from the bench then a heavier rifle like the TX200 weighing in at 9.3 lbs. might be ok. Do you plan to small game hunt like for grey squirrels then maybe a lighter rifle that has a magazine holding more than one shot might be a direction to go into. And of course price range can be very important too. Anyway you get the idea. Bill

Welcome to the forum Grandma. The best thing you can do to help fellow forum members get an idea as to what rifle to recommend to you is to describe how you will be using the rifle. Are you strictly going to be shooting from the bench then a heavier rifle like the TX200 weighing in at 9.3 lbs. might be ok. Do you plan to small game hunt like for grey squirrels then maybe a lighter rifle that has a magazine holding more than one shot might be a direction to go into. And of course price range can be very important too. Anyway you get the idea. Bill

I am looking to do mostly bench shooting with modest offhand shooting and minimal to no hunting with the first gun. I have been recommended the Diana 34 and the Diana 430L and I have decided to go with the Diana 430L for my first springer. I am also open to recommendations for future guns and advice on general ownership of an airgun. 

@Grandma, you looking to adopt another kid (at heart anyway) Those are some really nice guns, growing up I had a few of those and they got my butt wooped more than I would like to admit.

Welcome aboard looks like you already have a pretty good plan.

Yeah, I can not say I was alway super responsible with them growing up either but they never failed me and the pistols have lasted through two generations of kids growing up from my father to me. The Remington Airmaster I can't say failed me either since I believe I had fallen on it and broke the stock. After a stock swap, it still works like it is brand new.

Welcome. German springers are very good IMOP.. Fit and finish of the Feinwerkbau's 124/127 and Weihrauch's is better than the Diana's. You can pick-up very good used ones for very reasonable dollars.

I just picked up one of the Diana 430L that are on sale on AOA to try it out as a first springer. It looks like a promising set up with very good reviews so far. I do really like the Weihrauchs aswell for their looks but I haven't been able to every shoot one. So I hope to one day get to try out more rifles like them.