N/A New to the forum

Just wanted to introduce myself since I’m new to the forum. My name is Matt an I’m from Middle Tennessee. I’m fairly new to the air gun world so I’m still trying to learn everything. A close friend of mine recently purchased the AEA Challenger Pro so I’ve been shooting it for the past month or so. Mostly using it for pest control (possum, raccoon, armadillo) around his property.

I’m wanting to buy myself a gun in the next few weeks but I’m not 100% sure what I should get since I’m still fairly new. My budget will be in the $300-$400 range before buying a scope and compressor. Will be mostly using it for pest control and maybe a little target shooting. I know I would like to get something that’s somewhat compact, fairly light and comfortable as I’m a smaller framed guy (5’8 160 lbs).

Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: anonymous_.457
Just wanted to introduce myself since I’m new to the forum. My name is Matt an I’m from Middle Tennessee. I’m fairly new to the air gun world so I’m still trying to learn everything. A close friend of mine recently purchased the AEA Challenger Pro so I’ve been shooting it for the past month or so. Mostly using it for pest control (possum, raccoon, armadillo) around his property.

I’m wanting to buy myself a gun in the next few weeks but I’m not 100% sure what I should get since I’m still fairly new. My budget will be in the $300-$400 range before buying a scope and compressor. Will be mostly using it for pest control and maybe a little target shooting. I know I would like to get something that’s somewhat compact, fairly light and comfortable as I’m a smaller framed guy (5’8 160 lbs).

I strongly recommend a SCBA tank and the yong heng 4500psi compressor oil and water cooled! There reliable and parts are available via AliExpress or eBay

welcome - a used brocock might be perfect

Reactions: AmosBurton

With your budget you will no buy the very best rifle on market. So taking that into consideration I would make a comfortable bet.

I have not own a rifle like this, but I like it:

As you look down you see that hole, well, it's a very deep long and windy Rabbit Hole®, you are about to have the trip of your life. Gloom, Despair, Agony and some of most joyful times you've ever had as you drain your bank account. Welcome.

• Haha
Reactions: Emu and swNCsw
Welcome and God save you. Or your wallet. Based on budget, I have two Umarex Gauntlets and while the second needed a bit of work, both are quite good. Both are in .25 caliber and I suspect that would cover any pest problems out to around 50 yards. Accuracy is good. I don’t pest and have no good reason to have these except I wanted them.
Rick H.

Welcome!
Marauder, Notos, Avenger, Avenger X, AirCuda, are a few you might want to consider.
Why not another Challenger Pro?
Perhaps too long, or too heavy?
With airguns, you will find that longer barrels equates to more power.
So finding a powerful, short, pest gun may be difficult under $400, depending on what type of pests are involved.