New to the air rifle game

Daystate hit it outta the park with this one. I can't find any negatives with the rifle. I will keep my eyes peeled for your experience with your Alpha.
Good luck.
I was going for an M3 but after putting on bits and pieces it was close to Alpha wolf, and you get an inbuilt chronograph!
Will send you a few pics .

Cheers mate

Reactions: bamavet55
I am not much of a tactical style guy.
In that case, American Air Arms (AAA) Evol Paradigm in .22 or .30. For your needs, I'd go with the .30cal. I believe AoA still has them on sale ($350 off) until tomorrow the 8th.

aaa-evolparadigm22__55418.png

Edit:
Nevermind. Just saw that you had a $1500 budget.

Reactions: PumaCarl
You said you don't like tactical, does that also rule out bullpups? Airguns need longer barrels to get velocity out of limited pressure. But my P35s get decent velocity with a 18 inch barrel out of a less than 30 inch gun. They are not "high end" but are solidly built. I think they need at least trigger adjustment and probably crown polishing out of the box. Some report apparent barrel problems buy my 2 are accurate, the 22 surprisingly so. But with a 18 inch barrel I doubt my 25 can be tuned much over 50 fpe. It likes H&N Slug HPs, however.

You might want to look at the Huben K1. Higher power and a semi automatic.

I also like the looks of the RTI Prophet. A little lighter than many higher end guns but seems to be just as accurate. It can also be switched to different calibers.

The FX dreamline classic is a very traditional looking gun. It's on the lighter end, you can switch barrels, and FXs are know for accuracy. They sell separate slug barrels but sometimes the stock barrel seems to do OK with slugs.

I bought a Daystate air ranger for my first rifle. Now need to get a compressor to get started.
Congrats!
What caliber?
I have a Nardi Atlantic 100 compressor purchased in 2015 -- trouble-free since it landed.
Were I to buy a compressor now, my choice would be Alkin W31 Mariner or Bauer.
Depends on your budget.