• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New to the air rifle game

What is your budget?
What accessories are you looking for? Will you be able to use a scope from one of the centerfire rifles?
22 or 25 is really up to you, personally I find myself shooting the 22 more. Pellets will be in tins of 500 for 22 and typically 200-300 for the 25. What distances are you looking at shooting?
Will you be looking at a pump, compressor, or hand pump?

Where are you located at? Maybe somewhere near you can let you try a few rifles out

Reactions: bamavet55
Guys I have centerfire rifles from Gunwerks, McWhorter and other top builders. I don't want to waste money but I want a really good rifle. I have optics in the safe. I don't have a budget. I can shoot 100 yds or so back to my wood line. Up to Coyotes.
My number one pick based on your requirements: Alpha/Delta Wolf .25 caliber. This rifle is modular and can be configured in calibers ranging from .177 to .30.
Just today, I had my Delta Wolf .25 cal at the range hitting a 6"x9" gong at 125 yards consistently. I highly recommend this one, based on the info you've provided.

Guys I have centerfire rifles from Gunwerks, McWhorter and other top builders. I don't want to waste money but I want a really good rifle. I have optics in the safe. I don't have a budget. I can shoot 100 yds or so back to my wood line. Up to Coyotes.

If you're talking coyotes and 100 yards, I'd look at 30 cal for the gun. Don't forget you're going to need a way to fill it as well.

You have some high quality CF rifles so my advice is steer clear of crap like hatsan ECT and jump straight into high quality pcp rifles I have an Edgun R5 M, a Raw and just bit the bullet on a alpha wolf, the money and time I wasted on cheap crap like hatsan can't be replaced.
Spend as much as possible on an optic,
Then you can thoroughly enjoy this great sport... Just my two cents...

Reactions: bamavet55
You have some high quality CF rifles so my advice is steer clear of crap like hatsan ECT and jump straight into high quality pcp rifles I have an Edgun R5 M, a Raw and just bit the bullet on a alpha wolf, the money and time I wasted on cheap crap like hatsan can't be replaced.
Spend as much as possible on an optic,
Then you can thoroughly enjoy this great sport... Just my two cents...
Please tell us about your Alpha.
Luv mine!

IAM waiting anxiously for the stork from AOA to drop off the new baby lol but really looking forward to learning and hearing about it I ordered a .25 cal
Daystate hit it outta the park with this one. I can't find any negatives with the rifle. I will keep my eyes peeled for your experience with your Alpha.
Good luck.