• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New to the air gun world

I am just getting into the airgun world and i am amazed by the variety. I got myself a TR77NPS (canadian version) it was great at first but then the accuracy went out the window. at first i thought it was my skill, then i blamed the gun, but then the redicle turn 45 degrees and i realized the problem. so i got a better scope and now i am hitting loonies off the shelf (canadians use $1 coins about 2.5 cm or 1 inch in diameter).

But now that i am having a bunny issue i need something more powerful than 495fps. i do realize that i need a PAL for anything above 500fps which i have recently aquirred. I am looking for a pre-charged pnematic air rifle for around $500. I think such a think maybe mission impossible though. i have seen alot of Ted Holdover's videos (which is how i found this site) and i am simply wondering if such a gun is out there. Anyone got any suggestions?

I would also recommend the Benjamin Discovery .22 cal. I don't know what range you would like to shoot the rabbits but I would comfortably take one at fifty yards with my Discovery. On Crosman's website I think you can get one with a scope and pump for about 420$ (I don't know about Canadian though.) Also if you do get the Discovery some complain about it being loud but thats an easy fix with a TKO Muzzle brake. You cannot use the iron sights if you do put the muzzle brake on.
Leo : )

alright so i have managed to get a pellet jammed in my tr77nps and the stick i used to try and push it out snapped so that is now stuck in there too. but not the end of the world cause i am looking for a new gun. through some research i think the disco is the best choice. do you guys know of good scopes to go with the gun? and if there is anywhere that can beat bass pro shops $500 with pump (in canada) website or instore

Just so I understand: there's a pellet stuck in your barrel (I am assuming it won't just shoot out?), and a "stick" (wood?) stuck in there as well? How far down the barrel do you think the pellet is stuck? Which end of the barrel is the stick stuck in? Have you tried pushing it out from the other end of the barrel? I am always hesitant to suggest it but if you can find one of those wire hangers that has the plastic coating over the metal (usually white in color), you could straighten it out, and very carefully try to push the pellet and stick out from the other direction. Maybe throw some tape over the end you put inside the barrel to protect the rifling. Better would be to find an actual cleaning rod that would fit, preferably brass or aluminum, neither of which would damage the rifling in your barrel. A lead pellet, no matter how stuck, and a piece of wood really can't damage your barrel, both materials are softer than the steel the barrel is made of. The bigger question would be: how did a pellet get stuck in there? I know your gun is restricted to 500FPS, but I would suspect it would have enough power to push an ill-fitting pellet out. Hopefully there isn't something wrong with your "power plant." Best of luck and keep us informed as to how you make out removing that stuff.

my brother was clean out the gun for me while i was at school he used an old t-shirt and cut it into small peices than shoot it out of the gun but when one got stuck he tried to use a pellet to shoot it out which made it worse then i tried to use a round piece of wood to push it out which napped inside the barrel then i tried a straight coat hanger to push it out with no luck. my brother tried to fix his problem by using a nail on the muzzle end of the barrel to try to stick it into the lead and then pull it out which didnt work then tried a drill at very low speed with some oil which he stopped after 5 minutes. i hope this didnt damage the barrel but i would be surprised if it did.