New to PCP's "Evanix Rainstorm .177 questions "

What's up everyone this is my first PCP and I am new to the forum.

I just picked up the Evanix Rainstorm .177 I still need a fill tank and scope but on my way to being able to pull the trigger.

​I was wondering if anyone out there has used the .177 and may be able to direct me to the best ammo and PSI for best power and accuracy.
​Also what scope have does everyone use?

Congrats on your first gun! Careful, these are very addicting and you may likely be looking for your second one soon enough. :)

I think everyone will likely suggest that you try the JSB dome shaped pellets first, these are the most accurate in the majority of today's PCP's. After that it's anybody's guess. You can go to the straightshooters.com website and buy one of their pellet samplers. This will give you a small sample of all the most popular pellets to try without having to buy full tins of each kind. It can save you a lot of time and money.

For scopes, the sky is the limit, you'd have to tell us more about what kind of shooting you are doing and what your budget is. Are you going to be doing longer range target shooting out to 100 yards or mostly close quarter hunting out to 50 yards or a combination of both? I'd say some of the most popular scopes on any forum would be the Hawke Sidewinders, Aeon scopes, BSA makes a "tactical" model that is very popular. Mueller scopes are a great value.

Good luck, getting started in the hobby can be super fun!

Regards,
Cliff

Evanix is a good brand. You shouldn't have problems getting good groups at 50 yards using The rainstorm. For the scope go for any scope which is mil dot. The cheaper ones are the UTG line. Hawke scopes are also popular. The others are Aeon, Vortex, Athalon, Burris, to name a few. Depends on your price range. For a .177 you can use a 3 to 12 x scope. 

I wouldn't get a scuba tank they only go to 3000psi or just a little more. Your best option would be to get an SCBA tank or similar carbon fiber tank with a max pressure of 4500psi so you can fill your Airgun plenty of times before your tank needs refilled but if your on a budget you might consider a Handpump there's a little exercise involved in Handpumping but it's really not that bad. here's a picture of an almost new Benjamin Handpump I'm selling its a great tool for PCP Airguns and a good deal depending on the brand of handpump you'll be looking to spend anywhere from $180 to $300. Below is a picture of my 72cuft. TigerShark carbon fiber tank with a protective netting around the tank a rubber boot to allow you to stand the tank upright while filling and carry handles for easy portability.

Tyler if the gun is anywhere near 1600fps that is shooting way too fast, especially for a .177 pellet, it is not surprising it is shooting all over the place. The velocity needs to be below 1000fps and from what i have seen closer to 900 is the optimum for most air guns. You should always look at velocities of guns before making the purchase, faster might make more power but power is no good if you can not hit what you are aiming at, Neil.