• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New to Pcp

Hi I just bought a Brocock counter s6 with Hawke scope and should be receiving it next week. This is my first pcp and need help on what to get to get started. I'm thinking of buying the Hill Mk4 pump but don't know what else I would need as far as an adopter to attach pump to rifle. 
I was hopping to have everything I needed by the time the rifle gets here.

Thanks in advance for your help
Sergio

Sergio, <-- always liked that name by the way!

Adapters; looks like the s6 fills using a probe. Make sure the gun comes with the probe and further figure out if the probe is threaded or a quick attach style probe (has the quick attach end instead of threads). 

Not to derail your pump theory or budget, but do you have any local dive shops or nice guy fire stations near by? If so, I would buy an SCBA tank and use that to fill your gun. It will be dry clean air and far easier on a guy for refills. I like the sense of having a pump as a back up, but I have only used the pump one time in the course of 6 years. No matter what direction you choose, plan on buying something else in the future. I now have my own source of air at my house simply because I had a vast distance to go for a refill on a scuba.

I would also recommend a range finder. You don't need anything that an engineer would need just something simple. You typically won't go out past the 100yd mark for hunting. Screwing around I have stretched a couple guns to 150-175 but nothing further. 

Last but not least, a stockpile of pellets :). I've owned my impact for less than 2 months and already have in the park of 2000 pellets down range. Never shot any other pcp as much as my impact. The gun never fails to impress, well, except when I miss...

First, if you're going to go with the pump option, the cheapest one to buy is the Benjamin hand pump. I've had mine for over a year and have filled my BSA, Brocock, Air Arms, Benjamin, and Air Force PCP's without any major issue. The nice thing is that it is cheap ~$150 compared to the Hill Pump. The pump comes with a female foster fitting already installed. If you want to connect the fill probe that comes with your gun to a pump, you'll need an attachment that threads onto the end of the fill probe. This is what I use on all my various fill probes to attach to my Benjamin pump. 

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Venturi_Male_Quick_Disconnect_1_8_BSPP_Female_Threads_Steel_Rated_to_5000_PSI_Incl_Delrin_Seal/3550

You'll need to put some teflon tape on the threads to create a good seal between the fill probe and quick disconnect adapter.

Here's what mine looks like with the BSA fill probe attached.

This applies if you decide to get a SCBA tank as well. The foster fitting is very common. 

Another thing I use when I'm in the field hunting is a bipod to get increased stability to my shots. Any bipod will do, but the one I use most and is so light/easy to carry is the one below.

http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Kwik-Stik-Bipod-Shooting-Rest/product/1311150716308/

I'm also new to PCP's. I recently purchased a Brocock Contour S6 Elite from TGAG about over a month ago. Like you, I wanted to start out with a hand pump and purchased a Hill MK4. My Contour came with a fill probe and my Hill pump has the threaded female. I had an old Hawke 4-16 power scope I cannibalized from my RWS 34 and I also received my Neil Clague LDC which considerably tames the bark on my Contour Elite.