New to PCP

hello ladies and gentleman, retired jarhead here and just recently got into PCP by another Marine. I'm coming from the powder burner side of the fence (have no intention of giving up that hobby) and found PCP is a lot of fun and exotic mechanically and aesthetically. I find it is expensive as far as start up cost over the powder burned but in the long run it's more economical. I bought a use Wildcat mkII in .22cal and topped off with a Discovery 4.5x18 44mm FFP (an excellent scope IMHO) also DonnyFL Tatsu moderator. I stock up on the recommended pellets from AoA JSB jumbo heavy, JSB Hades and H&N Hornet. First impression is WOW keyhole shot group at 25yds less that 1/4 mag dump (8 shots) at 50yrds 1/2 easy with most pellet on pellet.Oh I can't wait for squirrel season to start up, But in the meantime I'm staking out my garden for rabbits intruding into my property. I have this FX Wildcat over a month now and beginning to make plans for another PCP but this time in .25cal two leading candidates are EdGun Matador RM5 long and the FX Impact MKII 700mm. I've been scouring the internet for all information on these two, looks like a lot of people (video post) are FX Impact like Giles from England, Ted Holdover, Steve AEAC and Matt from South Africa. as for the Edgun Matador not so much (detailed info anyway) but lot's of hunting video of it and their owners swear their left and right nuts on it. Perhaps al this will come to pass on which one I will choose come next year. Oh in the meantime I am hand pumping the Wildcat with a $49 dollar 4 stage Chinese Hand pump from Amazon and I have the Yong Heng compressor ordered from AliBaba and plan to get a "proper" compressor like the Air Venturi or Hatsan Lightning. Well I look forward to adding my voice in the forum and most likely be asking a lot of question (hopefully intelligent ones)
1564618078_3666405395d422d5ec690b7.47636512_20190731_193142.jpg

WELCOME to AGN & the addictive, expensive & too much fun world of airguns. Great guys chiming in on this forum & FREELY helping out with info & tips. Get yourself an SCBA, carbon fiber tank for filling your gun & sounds like you're ready to go. If you like traditional style rifles as well as bullpup you might want to check out the FX Royale series (.22 & .25 cal.) Or the FX Boss (.30). Had a running discussion about them on the forum here this week. PHENOMENAL guns. Again, welcome & hope you enjoy your new obsession! Almost forgot to ask, what area are you located in? 

Gerry 

Hello Gerry thanks for the welcome. My preference is traditional rifles in powder burners but I do like Bullpups that's why I narrowed my choice either Impact or Matador. I am located in the Upstate South Carolina. I haven't gave any thoughts on CF/SCBA tanks right now. I always hand pump up to max after each shooting session it's a chore but I manage even with this old body of mine and the Yong Heng I'm tracking should be here by end of the week.

Welcome, you have run into some friendly folks here that will be able to give you some real insight. The people here really enjoyable for the new guy to learn from. I would say I have made as for as rookie now, I hope. 

I came from the P.B's as well and was sold on the cheaper in "the long world" theory as well. I mean this in the kindest way possible, good luck with that. lol

I look forward to seeing your post and how you evolve.

Eamon

BeniUSMC, you sure are on your way to a glorious shooting future with PCP. The hand pumping is a pain in the...Neck, but you are on the right track and will soon be all settled. This is a good resourceful forum with all sorts of information on many types of Air rifles, scopes and other related stuff. You will definitely have a good time in here. Welcome!

Funshine.