• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Hi all, new to the forum

I can buy a .25 BroCock Bantum 400 for $600

I think it is a good deal?what do you guys think??

my main question is.......I am worried with not having a regulator I won't be able to get as good of accuracy.

Has anyone ever built an attachment to the end where the bottle screws in to hold a regulator? It looks like I can buy regulators and if possible, I can build an adapter to screw in first (the adapter can have the regulator) and then the bottle can screw into the adapter.

Other option, is just to look for a gun with a regulator already in, or a gun that I can buy an aftermarket regulator to install.

What do you all think?

Welcome! If you are new to PCP, the first thing to work out is how you will fill the gun. If you have this worked out, the other things to consider is what you want the gun for and how far you will be shooting. I think most will agree that the gun’s accuracy will not really depend on a regulator. There are quite a few, very accurate, non regulated guns available. 

I don’t have experience with that model, so will let others chime n on that. Good luck. 

I have the Bantam HiLite in .22 and absolutely love it. Accuracy is phenomenal even without a regulator because of the slingshot hammer(not available in the .25 cal) and we get about 65 full power shots per fill. If you really want a regulator, because Huma has been working closely with Brocock and just made a regulator for the New Brocock Sniper, they have also developed a regulator for the Brocock Bantam. It's not on the market yet but I have spoken to the people at Huma and it is on the way soon. It should have already been released but there were some delays. It will retail for $85-$95 when it's released. Shoot the gun first though, you may decide you don't need a regulator or can at least wait a while. They're accurate, efficient, comfortable guns!

Stoti

The Brocock Bantam .25 with 400C bottle gets 15 shots before the velocity starts to drop off. 

That was my first PCP. Works great and is accurate, but far from being the most efficient for air use. If you want something on the more efficient side, I would look for a regulated .22. I just bought a Taipan Veteran Long in .22 as I got sick of having to fill up the Bantam every ~15 shots.

I'm just looking for a good starter rifle. that's good to know only 15 shots. They will sell the carbon fiber tank for an extra $100, that's what I'm going to buy.

I am only buying a hand pump for now, but I am looking into building a compressor. I really like the shoebox clones that are on youtube. I wish I knew where they get only the compressor head?? They are building the rest of the frame with a motor, but where do they get the compressor?? Does anyone have plans/blueprints for a compressor like this?

You didn't mention what you are going to be doing with it. The .25 is on sale at AoA. I have one I've only shot it a couple time but seems to be very accurate and powerful.

Smitty

Smitty,

I am trying to get my daughters into shooting with me. (15 year old and a 5 year old) I'll be shooting gophers in the spring, pigeons in the barn, sparrows out of the dead cottonwood trees, cottontail rabbits in the shelterbelt, maybe a turkey. We'll be setting up targets in the yard and competing with each other.

I have been shooting high power rifles my whole life, and I started chambering my own rifles about 10 years ago. My girls are not very interested in the loud bang, and the kick. My boy just went off to college. He loved shooting with me. His deer last year was taken at 682 yds. My oldest daughter has no interest in a heavy Sendero barrel that is loud and kicks, and no patience to sit in a haystack all day watching for a deer. but she said she would try a pellet gun, hunting small game and shooting at targets.

For me, going out and shooting a gong at 1,000 yds is a blast, so i'm hoping I can extend the limits of these little pellet guns and have just as much fun. I've been reading forums, and watching youtube now for three weeks trying to research these things. Hard to believe how much money they cost. But considering the last rifle I built (280AI). $450 Brux fluted barrel, $400 Remington 700 action, $400 stock, $1,100 scope, and brass, bullets, and reloading dies. = $2,800 . The cost of the pellet gun maybe isn't so bad.

I was hoping this brocock that AoA has on sale would be good enough to get me interested....we'll see.

Flopearedmule,

The Bantam was my first, just getting into air gunning myself. I have the .25 in wood, the sound of the pellet hitting is louder than the shot. It sends a pellet into OLD hard 4x8 and sinks the pellet about 1/4" below the surface of the wood. The 25 yard target I received from AoA put all 5 pellets in the same hole. I'll be stretching her legs tomorrow out to a 100 yards, I have pellets and slugs that I will be trying as well. I purchased the LabRadar as well so I'll be getting some shot strings. I just put a ATN 4k Pro on it so I'll have to get it zero and setup first. It should have more than enough power to take out the game you are talking about. It seems to be all Shot Placement. There are a lot more knowledge people than me on this forum.

I like the Bantam, feels good to shoulder, hand placement, trigger location, bolt action, etc. etc.

I think you'll like the challenge of hitting smaller targets, closer in, being pushed around by the wind and other effect to work on your skills and teach your daughters. One thing I know you'll like is the $0.04 pellet cost vs a 30-06 round at $1.50 😃

Smitty

Hand pumping a carbon fibre or ANY buddy bottle gun is NOT FUN AT ALL as well as ANY PCP IN 25 CALIBER.

I would urge you to buy a large carbon fibre tank if you are going to get a 25 caliber PCP because they really use a lot of air

and may be a bit overkill for pesting inside of a barn.

For a starter PCP based on your criteria I would go with a 22 instead of 25...

Hope you are up to the high intensity strenuous workouts!

I read you are an accuracy buff just on your reloading equipment and just so you know, because you are an accuracy buff I would like to point you in a more fitting direction and state that there are other PCPs out there for your $600 -$700 budget to choose from which could suit you and your children's needs better and if you can dig even deeper you could buy 100 yard capable PCPs which could and would most definitely bring you and your kids greater joy which would perhaps make it more rewarding to use a hand pump to fill with IMHO. If it were me being an accuracy buff and I had to choose to buy only one PCP and use a hand pump, the minimum I would consider would be a 22 Tapian Veteran because of its proven accuracy, reliability, durability, fantastic trigger, regulated, includes 2 magazines and a single shot tray, anti double feed, 20moa built in compensation scope base, in a short bullpup package and is factory shrouded to lessen the bark which is 100 yard capable with enough practice and most importantly of all there is absolutely nothing needed to be done to the gun straight out of the box besides normal cleaning to get it to shoot accurately without any worries or problems you read about with some other manufacturers. Had you not mentioned you were an accuracy buff, considering paying extra for more shots, possibly buying and installing a regulator, I would not have brought this suggestion up. That would have brought you up to 800.00 and it still does not have a match trigger and the extra mags would have been 82.00 with no guarantee that they will not negatively affect accuracy and the power adjuster does not make the gun use less air when dialed down.

The Veteran is around 1200.00 give or take brand new depending on where you buy it from with warranty which I can guess you will never need to send it for. Or if you wait for a used one to pop up you may be able to find one for 1000.00.

I made the comment on trying one out for accuracy using the magazine before buying because there is a possibility you may be forced to single load it in order to get the best accuracy from it and for me IMHO that would be a bummer when buying a multi shot repeating gun.

CA

Hand pumping a carbon fibre or ANY buddy bottle gun is NOT FUN AT ALL as well as ANY PCP IN 25 CALIBER.

I would urge you to buy a large carbon fibre tank if you are going to get a 25 caliber PCP because they really use a lot of air

and may be a bit overkill for pesting inside of a barn.

For a starter PCP based on your criteria I would go with a 22 instead of 25...

Hope you are up to the high intensity strenuous workouts!

I read you are an accuracy buff just on your reloading equipment and just so you know, because you are an accuracy buff I would like to point you in a more fitting direction and state that there are other PCPs out there for your $600 -$700 budget to choose from which could suit you and your children's needs better and if you can dig even deeper you could buy 100 yard capable PCPs which could and would most definitely bring you and your kids greater joy which would perhaps make it more rewarding to use a hand pump to fill with IMHO. If it were me being an accuracy buff and I had to choose to buy only one PCP and use a hand pump, the minimum I would consider would be a 22 Tapian Veteran because of its proven accuracy, reliability, durability, fantastic trigger, regulated, includes 2 magazines and a single shot tray, anti double feed, 20moa built in compensation scope base, in a short bullpup package and is factory shrouded to lessen the bark which is 100 yard capable with enough practice and most importantly of all there is absolutely nothing needed to be done to the gun straight out of the box besides normal cleaning to get it to shoot accurately without any worries or problems you read about with some other manufacturers. Had you not mentioned you were an accuracy buff, considering paying extra for more shots, possibly buying and installing a regulator, I would not have brought this suggestion up. That would have brought you up to 800.00 and it still does not have a match trigger and the extra mags would have been 82.00 with no guarantee that they will not negatively affect accuracy and the power adjuster does not make the gun use less air when dialed down.

The Veteran is around 1200.00 give or take brand new depending on where you buy it from with warranty which I can guess you will never need to send it for. Or if you wait for a used one to pop up you may be able to find one for 1000.00.

I made the comment on trying one out for accuracy using the magazine before buying because there is a possibility you may be forced to single load it in order to get the best accuracy from it and for me IMHO that would be a bummer when buying a multi shot repeating gun.

CA

Thank you very much for your advice. 

I was trying to find the pro and con of having a screw in tank (Bantum) vs just the tube, (compatto) but I couldn't find anything.

I am guessing it is easier to install a regulator with the tube, and the tank probably holds more air. Maybe someone on here can go into more detail for me...please???

I'll check on the Tapian Veteran. Might be little more than I want to spend right now.

I was also looking at the FX streamline after I was reading of a couple people on this website shooting great groups at 50 and even 100 yds. (Price is still under $1,000 for that gun) But the guy at Arizona airgun talked me out of it and I wound up buying the Brocock Bantum with the carbon fiber tank.

I guess I will see and let everyone know how good it shoots........

I don't plan on using the pump very long if we start shooting a lot. I'll figure something out.

Thanks again

Hey guys, I bought the Bantum and already killed some pigeons with it at the farm. I haven't had this much fun since I was 12 years old and my first pump Daisy airgun.

I have a problem. I ran out of air.

I bought a Yong Heng, and it has a metric M10 x 1 thread on the hose. The gun came with a 1/8 BSPP quick coupler.

I need an adapter that has (female BSPP to male M10 x 1)

Airguns of Arizona, where I bought the gun said they can't help me. They won't even tell me where I can go to try and find a fitting. I can't believe they sell psp guns and can't even guide me in the right direction. Can you guys tell me who would have an adapter?