New to PCP and kicking off with a bang

Apohlo

Jun 12, 2022
Wisco
What's up fellow airgun nuts. I am known over on Archerytalk and T4R, and now I finally get the privilege to become a member and show off my new PCP here!

Picked up a beastly Brocock Bantam HR Sniper in .22 cal from my cousin over my trusty Daisy Powerline 901 that has been my past control choice for almost 10 years. I probably have eliminated over 1000 house sparrows, starlings, etc. with that trusty little multi-pump but consistency and power were its two main limitations.

Bring on the Brocock. My second 10 shot group ever with it produced a hole in the target so large, my last couple pellets didn't even bother leaving their mark on the paper. (see upper right target, picture below). At 900fps with the ~25gr JSB jumbo, it ripped the pellet good - but the ability to externally adjust power output was a deal maker.

Fast forward to today, after about 2 weeks with the gun:

- I have a Silent Thunder Ordnance Falx in standard flow coming in to tame the bark - really appreciate the extensive testing and physics based R&D with Tesla valves on how he crested his LDC guts.
- I have the Optisan EVX 6-24 turrets figured out to punch holes at 70 and 100yds - just took my first starling st 105yds last night!
- I am looking at picking up a spare mag - anyone using Carm for replacements?
- Also trying to figure out what bipod system to run - I see some guys running an extended picatinny rail to get the bipod further towards the end of the barrel? Concerned about weight over max stability as it's already a beast and I do enjoy hunting with this well constructed lead slinging machine.

SStoked to be here on the forums and looking forward to contributing as well as learning from thr many minds present here!

0610220804a.jpg

0601222035.jpg

I have always been impressed by Brocock PCPs and really gave one of them a lot of consideration when I was shopping around.
Congrats on your new one.

I just bought some CARM mags for my Prophet. They are a tighter fit in the gun, but not so tight as to be a problem.
I like them a lot. First off they hold one more pellet than the OEM mags. They feed everything I have put in them flawlessly, and they cost considerably less than the RTI brand magazines.
I also got a single shot loader. This is one slick design. I actually prefer single shot in most of my guns anyway.

As for bipods. I have an Atlas BT10 on my Prophet. It is very stable and easily adjusts. I looked at the extended rail and while moving the bipod forward has its advantages, the long extended rail is going to have a lot of flex. Instead, I just cant the legs forward and my gun does just fine.

The genuine Atlas bipods are a bit pricey, but there are some Chinese knock offs if you don't mind sending dollars to China,
I did buy one of those also, just because I wanted to do a comparison. I might do an in depth comparison on this site if I can figure out why I cant post pictures anymore.

Back on subject now. I really did not expect much out of this Atlas clone, especially for the ridiculously low price, but I was pleasantly surprised.
The legs are solid and extend, retract, and lock in place just like the Atlas, The one button release on each leg lets you tilt the legs forward, straight or backwards also just like the Atlas.
Where it is really lacking is the pan and tilt. I find it almost impossible to get it level and once I do, I really have to crank down on the bottom tension wheel to get it locked in place.
So the Atlas stays on my Prophet, but I am using the clone on my Airforce Talon P.
One other thing. Yes they are a little heavy, but I suggest that whatever you get, go with the quick release option. That way you can just remove it when carrying and shooting off hand.

Conclusion:
Carm Magazines - 9 out of 10 rating
Came single loader - 10 out of 10
Atlas Bipod - 9 of 10
Chinese Knock off bipod - 6 of 10 (would have been 8 of 10, but, well.... China)

I hope this helps.

Reactions: Apohlo
What's up fellow airgun nuts. I am known over on Archerytalk and T4R, and now I finally get the privilege to become a member and show off my new PCP here!

Picked up a beastly Brocock Bantam HR Sniper in .22 cal from my cousin over my trusty Daisy Powerline 901 that has been my past control choice for almost 10 years. I probably have eliminated over 1000 house sparrows, starlings, etc. with that trusty little multi-pump but consistency and power were its two main limitations.

Bring on the Brocock. My second 10 shot group ever with it produced a hole in the target so large, my last couple pellets didn't even bother leaving their mark on the paper. (see upper right target, picture below). At 900fps with the ~25gr JSB jumbo, it ripped the pellet good - but the ability to externally adjust power output was a deal maker.

- I have a Silent Thunder Ordnance Falx in standard flow coming in to tame the bark - really appreciate the extensive testing and physics based R&D with Tesla valves on how he crested his LDC guts.
- I have the Optisan EVX 6-24 turrets figured out to punch holes at 70 and 100yds - just took my first starling st 105yds last night!
- Also trying to figure out what bipod system to run - I see some guys running an extended picatinny rail to get the bipod further towards the end of the barrel? Concerned about weight over max stability as it's already a beast and I do enjoy hunting with this well constructed lead slinging machine.

SStoked to be here on the forums and looking forward to contributing as well as learning from thr many minds present here!

View attachment 268494

View attachment 268495
Welcome to the family!

I have always been impressed by Brocock PCPs and really gave one of them a lot of consideration when I was shopping around.
Congrats on your new one.

I just bought some CARM mags for my Prophet. They are a tighter fit in the gun, but not so tight as to be a problem.
I like them a lot. First off they hold one more pellet than the OEM mags. They feed everything I have put in them flawlessly, and they cost considerably less than the RTI brand magazines.
I also got a single shot loader. This is one slick design. I actually prefer single shot in most of my guns anyway.

As for bipods. I have an Atlas BT10 on my Prophet. It is very stable and easily adjusts. I looked at the extended rail and while moving the bipod forward has its advantages, the long extended rail is going to have a lot of flex. Instead, I just cant the legs forward and my gun does just fine.

The genuine Atlas bipods are a bit pricey, but there are some Chinese knock offs if you don't mind sending dollars to China,
I did buy one of those also, just because I wanted to do a comparison. I might do an in depth comparison on this site if I can figure out why I cant post pictures anymore.

Back on subject now. I really did not expect much out of this Atlas clone, especially for the ridiculously low price, but I was pleasantly surprised.
The legs are solid and extend, retract, and lock in place just like the Atlas, The one button release on each leg lets you tilt the legs forward, straight or backwards also just like the Atlas.
Where it is really lacking is the pan and tilt. I find it almost impossible to get it level and once I do, I really have to crank down on the bottom tension wheel to get it locked in place.
So the Atlas stays on my Prophet, but I am using the clone on my Airforce Talon P.
One other thing. Yes they are a little heavy, but I suggest that whatever you get, go with the quick release option. That way you can just remove it when carrying and shooting off hand.

Conclusion:
Carm Magazines - 9 out of 10 rating
Came single loader - 10 out of 10
Atlas Bipod - 9 of 10
Chinese Knock off bipod - 6 of 10 (would have been 8 of 10, but, well.... China)

I hope this helps.
Awesome. Thanks a ton for the very informative reply! Everything I read on the Carm mags looks positive and I will likely move forward on them. I am a UTG dealer so will likely pick up a 5.5" rail to try. I like the idea of having a sling stud out a bit further and the additional rail should help me accomplish that down the road.

As much as I am not a fan of clone equipment, it is hard not to try out an Accu Tac or Atlas clone... I have a Magpul bipod on my 6.5 hunting rifle but I can't tilt the legs forward at all, which I would want.

Onwards and upwards! Thanks again for the help.

Reactions: jmohme
Congratulations on your Bantam! Fantastic guns. I use an Accu-Tac bipod and they sell 12" leg extensions (I purchased 2 pairs for more height) for hunting pesting as it works like shooting sticks. Here is a photo of Crossman's same set-up with Accu-Tac with legs extensions (single pair).View attachment 268628
That's a sweet setup!! If I can justify more use out of the legs, well, that's a win.

Great choice on the Brocock, the picatinny rail is far forward enough to mount your bipod without an added extension. My Brocock HR has served me well, you made a fine choice, congratulations. For perspective, my Bantam with an Accu-Tac BR4 G2. Note how far forward the bipod is, and that's without extending the legs forward. Other guns by comparison have the bipod right in front of the trigger guard.

image.jpeg

As I delve further into this gun, I realize I have the HR Magnum version instead of the standard HR I believed it to be! This setup has the LW 24" Polygonal barrel, 6 position port adjuster (earlier production), and 40" OAL. The Falx came in and initial testing is fantastic. Turned the reg down to 150 from the previously set 160 bar and backed out hammer to 0.055 from flush. Waiting for a nice day to sit down and tune - my goal is to set this up to shoot H&N Baracuda March 21.14gr 5.51mm at 900fps!

0619221115-01.jpeg

Congrats on the "first gun" issue. Though now when you but another one you are going to have to go better and step up to some REALLY nice guns to top the Brocock! I have multiple Carm mags for my RedWolf, Theoben, and EdGun.... they are all great mags and much cheaper than the OEM mags. They all function great and look great as well.

I had one of the knock off atlas pods for a while and after getting the real Atlas from B&T, it is like night and day. Break down and actually get the real one and support a company that will stand behind the customers no matter what.

If you don't want to drill into the stock, you can always look at the Saber Tactical bottle clamp.

View attachment 268494

View attachment 268495
....and down the rabbit hole you go👇
🕳️

Congratulations on that awesome piece and welcome to a really addicting hobby.