• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New to pcp air guns.

I have had my Bullboss .25 for a while now and I head shot ground squirrels out to 80 yds. No mods just went through alot of H&N pellets finally tried JSB 33.9 and it turned into an animal. I've seen reviews about the hammer being loose and backing out also I've heard that they come stock shooting hot as hell. Being I don't own a chrony I have gathered through all my pellet test that the heavier the pellet the better it shot so I assume it's shooting hot. 
I also like the way it feels when shouldered. It is on the heavy side but when it's up on your shoulder it feels comfortable. Also the rubberized finish provides a sure grip. Trigger is ok I adjusted it super light and it suits me fine. Hope this helps. 

You couldn't pick rigs much more different, except for weight.

Gauntlet comes standard with a regulator ( and needs no work out of the box ) is a bit long for dense woods carry but otherwise would work very well.
Bullpups, if you must. You'll pay the extra $100 ( + install ? ) for the bullboss reg and you want a regulator so figure that in.
.25 is over kill for your stated purpose and does have it's own disadvantages.
Many of the sub-$100 pumps work well, I like the tasau ( sp?) better than the Hill or FX, do research that.

For target work and rabbit/squirrel sized things) I would take the gauntlet as a "rifle" feels better and is easier to use for me. I haven't read of one actual mechanical failure - not related to owner use- not even an oring except the pellet probe & those wear. A better track record than most "$2,000" rigs these days.

Gauntelt is extreamnly easy to work on, dont know the boss unit.

John

"spysir"You couldn't pick rigs much more different, except for weight.
Gauntlet comes standard with a regulator ( and needs no work out of the box ) is a bit long for dense woods carry but otherwise would work very well.
Bullpups, if you must. You'll pay the extra $100 ( + install ? ) for the bullboss reg and you want a regulator so figure that in.
.25 is over kill for your stated purpose and does have it's own disadvantages.
Many of the sub-$100 pumps work well, I like the tasau ( sp?) better than the Hill or FX, do research that.
For target work and rabbit/squirrel sized things) I would take the gauntlet as a "rifle" feels better and is easier to use for me. I haven't read of one actual mechanical failure - not related to owner use- not even an oring except the pellet probe & those wear. A better track record than most "$2,000" rigs these days.
Gauntelt is extreamnly easy to work on, dont know the boss unit.
John
Could you provide a link for the tasau pump you mentioned. I can not find it anywhere.

Grin_

You might try a searcg for TAOUSA in the compressor section. If wanting one shop around, I got mine from a dealer who got just a few a couple of years ago. to evaluate but I see then on ebay & amazon from $40-120ish.
https://www.amazon.com/Taousa-Airgun-Pressure-Diving-Cylinder/dp/B01173BARU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1511238049&sr=8-3&keywords=pcp+hand+pump

Worth the money as a back up and the only reason I purchased it was to show people how hand pumping works, it's been lent out for heavy use twice & works a charm.
Jojn

"Mcmick"How many shots are people getting with the bullboss in the .25 caliber. And has anyone ran the gauntlet off co2. I saw a video of it and they said they can get 350 plus shots off of one tank. Does that affect the accuracy and the power from it?
im pretty sure co2 cant be used nitrogen can be. In most guns you will find a range of pressure where it can perform consistently. for example in one of my guns i find that if i fill to 250 rather that 300 and refill when it drops to 180 i will get a string of accurate shots if i filled it all the way up and shot it down to 120 it would be more shots but the first 15 and last 20 would not be as accurate. this is different on every gun and also dependent on settings.

Unregulated and no mods. I also don't have a chrony but from full fill to the yellow gets around 30 to 40 shots or so. I find pellet weight makes a bit of a difference to but not for sure without seeing real chrony numbers. I find it shoots pretty consistent throughout that range when hunting. Sometimes to much information gets in the way of just going out and shooting. If you're shooting squirrels and rats at 80 yds and under you're not gonna notice the ES to much as opposed to hitting a tic tac at 100 yds 30 times. I'm not knocking mods by no means in fact I have a regulator ready for installation but need a chrony to make minor adjustments to get the most out of it. That's really all I want to do. In a nutshell shoot it stock for a while and have fun with it it's a great gun that loves giving headaches to ground squirrels lol 

You could run either on Co2.
The problem will ( could ) be that the orong are not correct for Co2 and will swell then burst.
With correct oring Co2 is no problem and on the Gauntlet should give hundreds of shots and in the case of the Gauntlet you shouldnt loose too much power at high temperatures. - wont effect accuracy- as it is a lower psi rig, bullboss would show a large power srop. Also Co2 is temp sensitive.

John